Reply Feedback Forum
[I] RL customs/Bribes and Gold quotas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 pm
I'd just like to see a cap put on them. I don't think how its being handled is right. I do agree with that they should have a contract. But I have more of an issue with people RL bribing and getting 3-4 horses at a time. Because the RL bribes are never announced, its the same few people doing them. And there's plenty of people in the shop with none who deserve to have the gold slots offered.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm
Honestly, if there are going to be rl slots, I don't think we should remove that option in lieu of gold slots, so much as make them more regular, with set time limits, and open them regularly with shop announcements and random selections [or even a mix of rng and cc]. But something that has the same random chance as gold customs.

I'm sure there are more people who would get rl customs if it was a feasible option and/or they knew there were slots available. Removing that option isn't the answer, but making it more accessible and ensuring a reasonable turn around time would be good.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:18 am
You seem to be confusing what I'm saying. I'm not saying take them away, and never offer them. I'm saying that Sirenz should offer gold slots like the rest of the staff, and once she has finished her gold quota, then open RL slots. BUT when taking RL, there should be a limit, like gold slots, you can only get one horse every two months. None of this, getting 3-4 horses in one order.

RL should be a reward for completing assigned work. Much like how the rest of the staff have options to cash SC for a custom, or to open bribes when they have enough SC. Not her only means of having slots.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:33 am
Maybe it's just from personal experience, or rather, from what I've heard from friends who open RL slots in their shops, they're not usually opened unless the colorist is in need of money for whatever reason, in which case taking on a couple might not cover all the amount the colorist is in need for. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but maybe that's why they're opened so rarely here, too.

I can never afford them anyways, so it's not something that I let bother me. As for the issue of gold vs. RL... well I guess it comes down to the same for me. I can't afford RL slots, and there are plenty of other colorists doing gold slots, so I don't let it bother me. (even with my horrible low luck)

That said, I don't think the long wait is fair, but it's understandable with the amount of slots being taken in. I don't think it's right that a slew of RL slots be taken only to be topped with a few gold slots as well. It just makes things more complicated, makes the wait longer. I think it comes down to what is more important to you at the time. The RL money or the Gaia gold.

And I'm probably being an a** right now so I'll just scurry! Sorry!  

RavenFyre

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:49 pm
XD No no you aren't being an a**. I tried for RL once, but when I realized how much I was paying, and what I would be getting I was glad I didn't get it.

The 'official' slots are rarely ever opened, but the bribes are constantly being taken. Since I've been in this shop.. (At least 2 years). I've only ever seen Sirenz open gold slots twice. But she ALWAYS has RL work owed. And if she's relying on soq RL orders to survive... That That's a whole other story of something I don't approve of. I understand once in a while around the holidays for some extra cash... But to be honest, all the RL slots I see are usually a reward for colorists that have do alot of work, or someone that needs a few bucks for something. But not usually living expenses, relying on gaia to pay you're bills....

Anyways. I just think there's needs to be some regulation, and limits.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:21 pm
I agree with you Luna, I have tryed for irl spots too. I think they should be some regulation, and limits.  

nekolulu

Intellectual Kitten

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas