Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] More Stock Hair Templates! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you want to see more stock templates?
Yes! I would like to see this... [post]
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Yes! I would just like to see more variety.
86%
 86%  [ 82 ]
No thanks! I'd rather get it edited.
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
No. I think this is why we shouldn't get more stock templates... [post]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 95

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm
I feel like this is basically straight-forward topic.

I would like to see more stock templates just to see more variation in the unedited Soquili that are being put out. It will generate more work for a colorist, but if a stock template was made, then in the long run it's less work if a customer is looking for that kind of hairstyle. It's been a while since there has been a new stock hair template that I've noticed. I think the most recent stock hair template was put out was the wild template for mares was back in the spring.

I personally would like to see more feathering, and mane/tail.

If you agree to this, suggest possible hairstyles you would like to see done as a stock template!
- Don't suggest anything too specific, but something that can be more generic.)
I.E.
Do not suggest: SAILOR MOON'S HAIR! CCCC:
Suggest: Asian Inspired Buns

Suggestions
- Varying lengths of different types of hair (Short/curly, long/curly)
- Generally, more stock for mer/seathi.
- "Windblown" hairstyles
- Dreadlocks
- Long Single Braid
- "Up-do"
-Maybe some short/long just straight not wind blown hair?
-More shorter hair styles for males that doesn't make them look like they are in the army?
-Maybe some more long hair styles for mares? I noticed the only really LONG hair style for females that it unedited it the 'long' style.
-Ringlets?
-Some maybe tight curls?
-More modern hair styles?
-Cropped styles that don't cover up the eyes?
-More hair styles for sea soquili!
-And more hair for usdias.
-Maybe some new braids? Like ones that don't go over the shoulder/are long?
-Better short hairstyles for mares?
-Lolita Styles
-Oriental Styles

** We understand that colorists are busy already, but we're just hoping to see more stock templates for the future.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:36 pm
One thing I would like to see is perhaps just a simple variation on length in some of the hairstyles. Like a "long curly" and "short curly", "long braided", stuff like that.  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:38 pm
I think it would be nice if there were more stock manes for the seathi and mer.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 pm
I KNOW the colorists are busy and have a lot on their plate but yes I would love to eventually see more hairstyles. Especially since I'd like to see more unedited Soquili around.

Ideas:
- long single braid
- more "windswept" looks
- dreadlocks
- a few "up do" looks

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:04 pm
I was thinking of making the same thread a couple of days ago. /Shot.

But, I would love some new unedited hair styles. The old ones are over used, and it's most likely why people do not what to have unedited soquili.

So, I was thinking something of like..
-Maybe some short/long just straight not wind blown hair?
-More shorter hair styles for males that doesn't make them look like they are in the army?
-Maybe some more long hair styles for mares? I noticed the only really LONG hair style for females that it unedited is the 'long' style.
-Ringlets?
-Some maybe tight curls?
-More modern hair styles?
-Cropped styles that don't cover up the eyes?
-More hair styles for sea soquili!
-And more hair for usdias.
-Maybe some new braids? Like ones that don't go over the shoulder/are long?
-Better short hairstyles for mares?

I know how busy the colorists are, so I was thinking maybe this could be just a little thing they do in their free time? And once the get some new hairstyles done they can make a event out of it to get some soquili out there with these styles?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 pm
Bringing this up in the next meeting.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:13 pm
I'm new here and I love the stock hair templates; but the idea of new hair makes me squee with joy. I'm sure that, to keep the colourists de-stressed(ish?) Sirenz or whoever could easily find someone to do the templates for her. :3

I'd love to see Lolita styles or soft ringlets. Basically all of what's already been said. XD

EDIT: I think oriental styles would be nice, too. For example loops etc; but that may not fit the Soq setting. D:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm
Thank you for letting us know, Bee!  

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:19 pm
I love the idea, and now that we know its being worked on, I hope that whenever they are made, the templates be just that - templates. I'm aware every artist/colorist have his/her own style, but I would also like to see hair that matches the base lineart and do not look like it belongs exclusively to X colorist.

For example, the hairstyles King made last year were awesome - the shading was more advanced than that of the older hair templates, but the style used to draw the hairstyles (size of outline, volume of hair) look generic/close enough to be considered a "template" when compared to the old hairstyles. :3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am
Please don't get hopes up too high.
Just because it's brought up, that doesn't mean it'll happen.
And if it does, that doesn't mean it'll happen right away.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:01 pm
I'd love more hair styles. When I was making my quest page I went through the stock samples and rarely found what I was looking for. I just picked the closest and went with it, because I know how much editing takes and try not to overburden the colorist if I don't have to. But more options would be such a great thing for those of us who want customs but don't want to be over the top.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 pm
I think it would be nice seeing different shading types on it too o: <3 Like~ sometimes the edits on a Soquili look weird compared to their hair XD <3  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 pm
I'd love to see some more natural looking hair styles.

Like braids done on real horses.
Diamond braid
Running braid (Similar to the long single braid that has been suggested here)
Tail braid  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:09 am
New templated hair would be nice, i've noticed on the sample that the crinkled hair isn't shown for the male or female

Or how about a little bit of an update to the templates we have now? Like take the Female long mane for example, the males have a long mane 2 that's been changed where it isn't wind blown, so how about a females like such? It could be vise vera for the males curly.

I was thinking maybe 1 or 2 more options for the colorist on the foals manes, like there's already a short, so how about a medium and long?

a little off topic but while talking about new stock templates. How about a new one for angeni's wings. I see the winds have new wings and so does kalonas, so why not angeni. maybe something inbetween that real thin and real thick option?
Or a Uni's tail difference option, like the tip have a more natural hair look to it than how it is now?

Kiara Lime

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 am
Kiara Lime
Or a Uni's tail difference option, like the tip have a more natural hair look to it than how it is now?

I would love for Uni and Kirin tails to be interchangeable without having to custom crossbreeds and paying extra, since they are technically the same type of tail so not really unnatural for the breeds. :3

(As a side note, I love that the stallion uni tails have been popping up on mares every now and then, and vice versa. They look great. Would this option be available in customs without needing to pay for edits?)  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff