Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Separate Lovers rock threads for Male and Females? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Separate Lovers rock threads for Male and Females?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 51 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Maybe? (please post and comment)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 am
I had an idea about the lovers rock threads... it seems to me that there are many more mares, than stallions and i'm finding hard to find what i want when so many pages are taken up by mares, well my idea is maybe split it into stallions and mares.. i know it'd mean more threads.. but it would make it easier for people to find what they're looking for in a plot or non plot breeding/personals if they could search purely JUST for mares or JUST for stallions. Also i suggest a 'Clean up' of the old Lovers rock threads maybe? because it seems some people either forget to or just don't bother deleting their old posts once a 'mate' is found.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 am
Yes Yes Yes... I know it means more threads and that someone will have th headache of doing th work (would take on being cupid gladly) but it would make thigns so much easyer than havign to trawl through page after page not even knowing if the ones on the earlier pages are available ot just forgotten.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:53 am
I think that's a really good idea. Lovers Rock probably could use a clean up, and having a separate thread for males and females would make things more organized and make it easier on people to find what they are looking for. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:00 am
That's what i was thinking, because i was tracking through, and there were just so many posts and the vast majority were mares, while i have nothing against mares, it's stallions i needed, at the same time i wondered just how many on there, have either left/gone on haitus/just didn't bother/forgot to delete their posts. So, maybe a clean up is in order, even if there aren't seperate threads for mares/stallions.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 am
Maybe they could alter the form slightly so that you post how long its listed for (in terms of months not weeks) though if you get no offers you would have to repost but it would mean that you know when an add has run its corse  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:12 am
an addition perhaps to the idea is like the master cc list, perhaps each owner should have 1 post per thread for their stallions and mares, thusfore they would have to edit it to add more ot take some out. jsut a suggestion but it'd help keep it a tad cleaner/neater as well.  

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 am
ooh good idea, i didn't think of the master CC list. Thanks Mia  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 am
Honestly - I'd love to see a separate list for the minis - since they can't breed with the normals anyway. Aside from making it easier to find other Usdia when you want to, it might also make it more likely people will pay attention to the mini instead of just throwing it in their teepee and ignoring it.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:18 am
LydaLynn
Honestly - I'd love to see a separate list for the minis - since they can't breed with the normals anyway. Aside from making it easier to find other Usdia when you want to, it might also make it more likely people will pay attention to the mini instead of just throwing it in their teepee and ignoring it.
If you did this for Mini's you would also have to do one for Mers since they are also very restricted.... but then we are talking more and more lists....
2 x Normals (one male one female)
2 x Normal plotting
2 x Usdia
2 x Mer
--------------
8 = TOO MANY!

So.... rather than all of this.....
How about THREE lists.
One for males, one for mares and then one for Mini's and Mer's.
In the information you would have to say if it was plotting or unplotting.... could be that the forms are different colours? Like Gold for plotting stallion/mare and blue for unplotting submissions? Doesn't have to be that but it would need to be two colours that stand out at a glance since the reason the plotting and unplotting thread where so popular is that those that don't want to plot but are looking for love had one place to go hunting and the same for the those who want to plot and RP. That said several people have submitted their mares/stallions in both threads so it would cut down on people having to double post if they simply wrote above their soquili that they where open for plotting/RP or just general interst.

*shrug*
I think in principle it sounds like a good idea... but there are lots of variables to be considered that are not always easy to see at a first glance.

Plus... I don't think it's been that long since the lover's rock has been changed as it used to be one big thread.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am
I really like Sya's suggestion. Different form colors would make it very easy to tell whether people were looking for plots or for ooc dealies, while having it split into mares, stallions, and minis would make it easier to find what you're looking for.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 am
Syaoran-Puu

I think in principle it sounds like a good idea... but there are lots of variables to be considered that are not always easy to see at a first glance.

Plus... I don't think it's been that long since the lover's rock has been changed as it used to be one big thread.

Good point. I rather like your idea.

I guess my idea was to make it easier to find what you wanted, so if there's another idea that works as good, feel free to add it here  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 pm
Syaoran-Puu
How about THREE lists.
One for males, one for mares and then one for Mini's and Mer's.
In the information you would have to say if it was plotting or unplotting.... could be that the forms are different colours? Like Gold for plotting stallion/mare and blue for unplotting submissions? Doesn't have to be that but it would need to be two colours that stand out at a glance since the reason the plotting and unplotting thread where so popular is that those that don't want to plot but are looking for love had one place to go hunting and the same for the those who want to plot and RP. That said several people have submitted their mares/stallions in both threads so it would cut down on people having to double post if they simply wrote above their soquili that they where open for plotting/RP or just general interst.

I like this idea.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:58 pm
I'd vote against having each person only having one post. If everyone only has one post then you'll have to constantly refresh through a bajillion different pages of the lover's rock just to see if there are any new entries.

People posting each time they have a new soq to enter allows people to know that there are new soqs in the mix. It's a lot more efficient for people who keep checking to see if that one true love for their soq has finally showed up!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:14 pm
I agree that it would be awesome to have different places for Mares/Stallions/etc :3  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:26 pm
Revolutionary Roniel
I'd vote against having each person only having one post. If everyone only has one post then you'll have to constantly refresh through a bajillion different pages of the lover's rock just to see if there are any new entries.

People posting each time they have a new soq to enter allows people to know that there are new soqs in the mix. It's a lot more efficient for people who keep checking to see if that one true love for their soq has finally showed up!

I agree with this... with the addition that I hope people will be more diligent in deleting entries once they find their mates. XD I often see soquili still up there that have long since found a mate.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff