Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Separate Lovers rock threads for Male and Females? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Separate Lovers rock threads for Male and Females?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 51 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Maybe? (please post and comment)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:56 pm
I agree with Sya's suggestion... and with the idea of adding a... time stamp, or something of the like, that owners have to update every few months or something to keep a post from being deleted, maybe?

Or once a month, maybe... some happy medium must be available between it being an annoying amount of work for the staff and adverts sitting there so long that no one has any idea if they're still active or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:56 am
thanks for the feedback guys, it's great to see other people's ideas and suggestions too  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:45 am
Or if the don't want to make x many new threads (I still like the one post per person since that way people are more likely to keep track of it), add gender to the form. That way you can ctrl+f each page looking for gender. Could add breed to so you can find mini, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:08 am
I don't think this would work because it would make it more of a pain to find malexmale or femalexfemale pairings. I like looking and reading all the plots and going, "Oh, there's a pretty mare I wouldn't mind breeding my boy with, and here's a stallion I could see mine really falling for and staying with".

Also, sometimes you go to the list looking for one thing, but find one that just fits well with another Soq. I think if you break it down by gender, each post gets less exposure, and one could miss out on potential pairings.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:18 am
There's no reason you can't look at both lists if you need more than one pairing or more than one type of pairing. But for those who are just looking for one mate, it would make things easier.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 am
LydaLynn
There's no reason you can't look at both lists if you need more than one pairing or more than one type of pairing. But for those who are just looking for one mate, it would make things easier.
biggrin  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Phoenix_soarys

Romantic Hunter

10,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:29 pm
i like the idea of male and female posts...
i think that should be sufficient,
would make it 4 threads long, and personally i don't' think that would be to bad...

i do wish people would be more diligent, I don't know how many I hunted through where the response back was "oh... gads... she was mated long ago... guess i should take that down huh?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:35 pm
I have to agree with this I know they tried to help with Plot and non plot LRs but... People post in BOTH anyways. And not to mention no one read the rules, and asks you to DELETE your post. People just cross off... Write 'trying something out' or... just leave them up. And it's so annoying >.<

But I think this is a good idea. Because right now there are far more mares then stallions~ And it's annoying through the pages of mares looking for those few stallions.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 am
i think just one thread for males and one thread for females would be perfect  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 am
Yeah i think 4 threads would be great. And just a good deleting entirely of the old lovers rocks and enforcing the rule of people deleting their posts  

Renegade Athena

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:56 am
So soquili peeps have also made a term for couple who cannot bred or who aren't naturally compatible 'lovemates'.
now the demand for loves mates isn't a high as it is for soquili on the lovers rock who want to breed, but I think that this should be looked at for the sake of plots. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 am
Ok so looking over the many suggestions and issues here's a few thoughts:

3 LR threads - one for male "regular" style, one for female "regular", and one for combined genders for Usdia/Seathi/Mers who often get lost in the larger LR threads.

Different color forms for plot/non plot - the easier to differentiate for those seeking companionship for their Soqs while browsing. If not color, perhaps at least a format for the title where they have to specify if is RP, plotting, or otherwise. Perhaps they can also simply list in the form's title whether it is a Lovemate/Lifemate or Surrogation/Fling they are looking for.

Time stamp to show a post is still active - This way if someone doesn't delete a post after acquiring a mate for their Soq, any person browsing through will be able to see if the time stamp has expired and can assume that it is no longer an active advertisement. And any staffer that feels so inclined when browsing could also delete it themselves if they had time. As for the duration, I suppose that would best be left up to staff to decide what is reasonable, but I'd think between 1-3 months?

Did I miss anything big? XD  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:20 am
Everyone's opinions are great! thanks everyone for your feedback, i hope staff take notice ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 am
heart  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Reeve_Tuesti

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:09 pm
Just wanted to toss it out there that this was talked about in the last meeting. And that there will be more divided Lover's Rocks up in the near future. Just keep an eye out in the breeding forum. ^^

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff