11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
No (add suggestion)
88%
 88%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 60

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 am
To get right to the point I think you should only be able to get one soquili a month, tops. You may say, "But wait now a custom slot is open but I won a flaffle! Customs are more rare!" Well that's what I'm getting to, I think you should only be able to win one soquili a month, NOT including breedings, basket ginving, and customs. This will keep it more fair so that say person #1 can't win a soquili from a flaffle, then a another flaffle, and yet another from a guild event while poor person #2 didn't win anything. The number could always change to two if people are worried. This is just a suggestion so that one person doesn't win multiple times and another win nothing, please feel free to comment and add suggestions.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am
That... just doesn't seem fair. You're basically saying that if you win a flaffle or raffle, you'll spend the rest of the month punished for your luck. Even if you have the gold or the RP talent, you got lucky once and so it doesn't matter. That doesn't seem right to me. neutral  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:06 am
User Image

....No.
Not fair.
Some people might win one soquili a month per month.

Other might win none for months, and then win 3 in one month.

This isn't a good suggestion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 am
But don't you also think it's be unfair if you win once then a year later you win again while in between that time someone else has won multiple times in multiple months?  

vballlvr5

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 am
Actually I find it to not be unfair at all. Sure it is frustrating but hey life is never easy.
For the longest time I only ever managed to get one soq a year, that is up until this year where I've hit a lucky streak and have managed to get a few over the course of the year. But if I end up next year only ending up only getting one I'll be fine. I love seeing people get pretties. Besides, if I got a ton of pretties...I wouldn't be able to rp with them together since I suck at self rp. xD Gives me more reason to hunt down rp if I don't win any.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 am
Rp and Basket contests run by owners cannot be dictated over. They are in charge of judging and handing out the prizes themselves.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am
I also disagree with this, sorry ]: This takes away from people being able to give out baskets at their own free will, and winning customs, breedings, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:26 pm
No, youre right baskets should be up to the parents, but with flaffles it really isn't fair if someone keeps winning them.  

vballlvr5

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:32 pm
Well, for the flaffles, if you look through other suggestion threads, there is one that talks about a 'cool down' period. I mean, even if someone waits that cool down period and then wins another in another month, it's not their 'fault' really, it just happens. Just because their luck gives them something extra, i don't really see it as 'not fair'. Blame the RNG c; <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:47 pm
I disagree.

Customs are really hard to get (my most recent custom, took over a year of trying to get a slot), and few and far between. I wouldn't want to be afraid to enter flaffles in the off chance that I'll win, only for customs to open the same month and be unable to enter.  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:57 pm
Isn't this pretty much already in place - I mean you can only win once per raffle/flat (and its pretty rare for there to be more then one shop run raffle in a month) and the events lately have had a one free event pet rule and you can only win one custom and then have to wait X amount of time for another..soo...for shop run things this is already in place for the most part...and owner run things should be left to the discretion of the owners/basket parents etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 pm
As one of those people who has been trying and trying and trying to win anything and not having any luck at it, I will still say it is entirely unfair to limit people's chances to win more Soquili like this, even barring it only counting for regular shop sales and events, and not counting against customs or breedings or whatnot.

And, generally speaking, in any one sale or event there are already limits to try and prevent one person from winning everything being offered. The shop has safeguards in place to try and make sure more people have a chance already. To say someone could go and win in a flatsale at the beginning of the month and then be barred from a surprise event at the end of a month is simply not fair. I may be frustrated with my difficulty in gaining any new pets myself, but that doesn't mean I'd want to penalize someone for being more lucky or having a roleplay entry more to the taste of the staffer holding a contest than I do.

I understand the frustration, really I do, and I understand the sentiment behind the suggestion, but it really isn't fair. It's just catering to the unlucky group instead of everyone.  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:32 pm
Lunarflowermaiden
I disagree.

Customs are really hard to get (my most recent custom, took over a year of trying to get a slot), and few and far between. I wouldn't want to be afraid to enter flaffles in the off chance that I'll win, only for customs to open the same month and be unable to enter.
(: I said that it wouldnt include customs because I know that they come rarely  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:16 pm
vballlvr5
Lunarflowermaiden
I disagree.

(: I said that it wouldnt include customs because I know that they come rarely

Well then it just doesn't make sense. If it doesn't include breedings/customs, and mainly is applied to free raffles. It is very rare for there to be more than one free raffle in a month if there isn't an event going on (and there are already rules in place in regards to what you can win in an event).  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 am
Due to the greatly varying availability (some months there may only be a couple of breedings, others there may be an event, customs, breedings, flaffle, surprise game, Rp event, etc.) it's simply unfair to punish customers who win a pet early in the month by preventing them from participating in other things that come along, especially when they cannot foresee what is upcoming.

Flaffles are already limited to one win per month, as are raffles and mini-events.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff