darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:48 am
Felmino

Flaffles are already limited to one win per month, as are raffles and mini-events.

This, given the fact it is EXTEREMELY hard to win in any event. Hell a lot of people here waited for years to even win a custom or breeding.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:59 am
darknightcavalier
Felmino

Flaffles are already limited to one win per month, as are raffles and mini-events.

This, given the fact it is EXTEREMELY hard to win in any event. Hell a lot of people here waited for years to even win a custom or breeding.

It is nothing that the staff can help. It is all based on luck and the dice. It would be unfair to make people stop trying just cause they had some luck one month. People sometimes have flashes of luck, and then they don't win anything for years.

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 am
i wouldn't say what she is suggesting is unfair. In fact i think its very fair one soq a month? That sounds just right. in fact i would actually suggest including breeding's ones a month.
one soq peiod.
one breeding
one flaffle
one auction
one raffle
one custom
One bribe
or one whatever other event they can think of.
Were a HUUUUUGE GUILD GUYS with limited artists hence capping the wining streaks of some people.
For example i have been playing for a year now and i have yet to win anything other than the two soq i got when i joined from the wow event. and i see some people getting multiple soq each month.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:26 am
But that is the thing, as someone already pointed out, no event is ever 100% guaranteed.

We don't always have an auction every month. We rarely pull more than 2 bribed every YEAR at certain times.

While the shop tries to keep customs and breeding a monthly thing, still, sometimes colorists get breaks, or something important comes up and those things have to be shut down.

Yes, flaffles are meant to be a monthly thing, but again, sometimes things come up and it has to be put on hold.

Nothing is a guaranteed monthly thing.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Kettyn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 am
Pollack
It is nothing that the staff can help. It is all based on luck and the dice. It would be unfair to make people stop trying just cause they had some luck one month. People sometimes have flashes of luck, and then they don't win anything for years.
I would have to agree with Pollack. Capping wins would be an insult to most members of the shop. Luck is fleeting - but you would seem to want to punish people for being lucky.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 am
DemonWingedPoetGirl
For example i have been playing for a year now and i have yet to win anything other than the two soq i got when i joined from the wow event. and i see some people getting multiple soq each month.

And I've been here for two years and if not for the generosity of a friend who co-owned one Soq with me and finally happened to get an extra basket in a breeding that she was allowed to pass to me, I would have nothing. I can't even state how frustrating it is for me that I frequently miss out on a win by one or two numbers in an RNG roll.

Even so, I still think it would be entirely unfair to limit people as suggested. It's all chance and it's not their fault if they simply have luck at this shop more frequently than most.

I got lucky as heck at another shop or two in the past (they've since died or quieted considerably) but it just goes to show... this sort of thing happens. There is no fault to be had and it is entirely fair as far as odds of winning go, it's just frustrating for those of us who aren't getting much of a share in those odds compared to others.  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:46 am
Pollack

Yes yes. Being extremely hard to obtain isn't exactly the reason why they should limit you to one win per month. what if they roll on the same day (Flaffle and a Breeding) and you won in one each. Wouldn't be fair to force one to pick up which one to choose and re-roll or force them to give the slot to someone else. Hell I waited for 3/4's a year for a custom and still trying for half a year for a breeding...and that's just the nothing compared to many here who still have been waiting for two years for any win. Plus there is already a monthly cooldown for flaffles, breedings, and customs + events comes once in a blue moon only. So not exactly in full favor of this thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 am
I think you misunderstood Pollack DNC. She's against the limiting. Unless you are saying that you are for it. Then I could understand your post. But it looks like you are arguing with her on the same point.

I believe that the system should not be changed. I mean, yes, you feel a little disappointed when you don't have luck with the RNG and others do - but patience is always a good virtue to have with things like this.  

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:40 am
I'm leaning to more of a "No Once a Month" limit due to the existing cool down already implemented and how hard it is to get a soq even with said cool downs and you need every opportunity to get one and it doesn't seem fair if people are forced to give up a slot or win. Though the system can be better (Still raking my brain how on earth that can work.) its not very fair to fully tax someone trying hard enough to get a soq.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 pm
I find this totally fair i'm all for it.

and in no way see it as someone getting punished for haveing good luck.
I doubt I'm going to win a soq and go oh boo I can't win another one this month.
Because
One soq a month allows for so many more people to be happy in a month.
More winners = more people for me to rp with more people to create teepee ties with and maybe one more noob who won't be a noob anymore.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 am
I think you mentioned that already DWPG. Yeah it sucks when you don't win. Sure we all wish we had better luck. But sometimes you win multiple soquili in one month and then never again for the rest of the year. That's why it's called LUCK. We don't need to go around putting a 1 soq per month limit on anything. It just seems selfish to me. Just keep trying, and eventually get your own little bit of luck. I've been here since 2005 (though not necessarily very active) and it wasn't until this year that I got my first soquili and since then they've multiplied a few. Get over it. Don't be a poor sport. Just keep trying and wish everyone the best of LUCK.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:56 am
I'm sorry DNC, I didn't understand your post, and thought that you were with the 'limit one per month.' I think the system is fine how it is.

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 am
Lol
I know I posted basically the same thing twice. Story is I posted that first post a day or two ago then found this thread again thinking it was a differnt one went OMG I totally agree with this and made another post by the time I relized my over zelous mistake I decided "awww screw it I will explain later if I have to." so here I am.

As for what yor saying I don't think I'm being a poor sport. I'm not complaing that I don't win. I brought it up as an example point but not whineingly I don't think. What I mean is the ratios would be better all arround. If it were a limmit of one per person.
On the other hand I can also see that, that is indeed what makes this such a highly reguarded shop.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:33 am
I think there's a limit SOMETHING like this in place... Aren't event rules generally '1 event section win per person' or something? Like, an event made up of multiple raffles, auctions, RP contests, and games, person can only win one Soquili in each section(1 auction, 1 raffle, 1 RP contest, 1 game Soquili). I was gonna say something else, but then remembered this xd And the chances of a person winning at all of those is actually pretty slim, since they'd need to have not only a ton of gold/items, but extreme luck(raffle) and skills(RP, Game), all at once.  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:23 am
Andranis
I think there's a limit SOMETHING like this in place... Aren't event rules generally '1 event section win per person' or something? Like, an event made up of multiple raffles, auctions, RP contests, and games, person can only win one Soquili in each section(1 auction, 1 raffle, 1 RP contest, 1 game Soquili). I was gonna say something else, but then remembered this xd And the chances of a person winning at all of those is actually pretty slim, since they'd need to have not only a ton of gold/items, but extreme luck(raffle) and skills(RP, Game), all at once.

Yes, you're right. In the big shop events you can only win:

1 auction
1 paid-raffle
1 freebie - and this is regardless if it was a free raffle, a game, a random in-thread give-a-way

As I've said before, once a month is overly restrictive. There are already cooldowns in place to make sure people "spread the wealth" so to speak. It's not extremely common for people to get multiple Soq in a month anyway. And if they do - they may go months with nothing at all.

Fairness can be viewed in two ways. Equality in opportunity and equality in distribution. I'm personally a big fan of the 1st. But I don't think limiting people on SO MUCH is productive at all.

Have you even noticed a trend with the people who have a LOT of Soquili? 9 times out of 10, they are a) extremely active in the thread b) enter every event they can c) are willing to spent massive amount of their wealth they accumulated on Soquili d) ACTIVE in the event threads

Some people, yes, seem to have better luck than others. But it generally comes in waves.

But if you started limiting people so dramatically, saying you could ONLY win one Soquili a month no matter what - it would cut down in event participation. People would be upset if they happened to win an Soq on Dec 1st but then the shop threw a HUGE, fun Christmas event that you couldn't even participate in.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff