10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
No, but this might work instead . . . [post in thread]
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 120

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 am
Sorry, a lot of this is probably repeats (in fact I know some is)

1) Custom MCCL: I love it, but I think it might be better to limit how many you can enter in your one post.

2) Cosplays: I also think that it should not be allowed (unless something in place). When it comes down to it - if two people want the same cosplay, how can you decide A gets it and not B when they put up the exact cosplay? What I might think here, is... if the colorists wants to do the cosplay, list those that want it in that month and raffle between them? That's the only way I can think of - or have those trying to play a game or dice (in another thread)? OC should be okay. And there is the fine line when you are talking about inspirations (like a song, poem, picture, etc), so I don't know how that might be decided.

3) Favoritism: Yeah, it happens. Technically, even if a colorist were to pick someone who's been trying for YEARS for the same thing... that is favoritism, even though they are being nice about it. But I don't think this should stop the opportunity from being opened/created.

4) Cool down: If CC'ed, I do think there should be a longer cool down for CC, but not from regular customs. It can be used as a way to prevent drama from CC favoritism. I remember that CC month (which I think is where the discussion here was spurred from).... some people walked away with 5+ soquili and many walked away with 0. I am NOT saying it will happen again if the list were created, I am only saying that the past will dictate how people feel of the present or future. And the fact of the matter is it did happen, even though the staff was different, and I know a lot of people felt burned and/or cheated. So there is that bitterness to contend with yet. So, by having a long cool down, it might seem like a way of the shop (not one colorist or all colorists, but the whole shop "sending a message" -of peace? xD- as it were) visibly taking a stand against talk of favoritism? And who knows, give it a try, and if, for example 6 months (as Roni threw out) is too long, can always change it later. And it might even work down to the same cool down as regular customs in the end. Just a little growing pains.

5) (Mandatory?) Rolls of MCCL: Um. I don't know. Guess I could go either way. But making it mandatory doesn't seem like CC anymore.

6) Opportunities: Only when the colorist is caught up. I think custom MCCL should be almost like one of those "perks" for colorists. Yes, it's more work... but CC something that you really WANT to do. It's almost like mini-bribes? Except for... custom rates? And more to pick from. (yeah, don't know where I was going from there)

7) Info in the list: I would like to see a "Plot" section added. That way, colorists can also see why someone might be wanting this particular custom. Maybe the design doesn't inspire them, but the plot of the soquili if/when it comes might inspire them.

8 ) "Congratulations, you won": I don't know how the 72 hours could be fully fair. People may not be able to get on for a week or two for many reasons: grounded, vacation, moving, school finals, etc. And unlike normal customs where there is an end date and so you can check (or have a friend check) to see if you won in order to send the trade, this would not be the case. You could have people put in there "Hiatus from this time to this time" so the colorists know, but then if something just came up (for example, I was gone/busy for about a week and a half because I was taking care of a friend who got injured and needed home care and did not have computer/internet access) then how would that be taken care of. Not everyone can get online every day. And I know where people can argue "then they don't care enough to deserve it" (kind of valid), I just... don't know - it's puts a sour taste in my mouth. But one way to help with that (sorry, more work), have someone designated (colorist or a specific staff memeber) just send them a quick PM "Please see the custom MCCL, for one of your forms has been selected." Standard, there, easy, and done.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:05 am
EchoLimaFoxtrot
8 ) "Congratulations, you won": I don't know how the 72 hours could be fully fair. People may not be able to get on for a week or two for many reasons: grounded, vacation, moving, school finals, etc. And unlike normal customs where there is an end date and so you can check (or have a friend check) to see if you won in order to send the trade, this would not be the case. You could have people put in there "Hiatus from this time to this time" so the colorists know, but then if something just came up (for example, I was gone/busy for about a week and a half because I was taking care of a friend who got injured and needed home care and did not have computer/internet access) then how would that be taken care of. Not everyone can get online every day. And I know where people can argue "then they don't care enough to deserve it" (kind of valid), I just... don't know - it's puts a sour taste in my mouth. But one way to help with that (sorry, more work), have someone designated (colorist or a specific staff memeber) just send them a quick PM "Please see the custom MCCL, for one of your forms has been selected." Standard, there, easy, and done.

I put 72 hours, because that's three days - if we go too long, the colorist might not have time anymore - and he/she shouldn't start until there's a trade so the work isn't wasted.

I do think that if selected a PM should be sent - by the colorist makes the most sense to me - so that people know they've been selected and to get the trade out. Given that you can set up your account so you get an email when you are PMed - it means that even if you have limited time, you should still be able to get the info unless you're completely without computers. In which case, one would hope you managed to at least make it to a library or something before going incommunicado to post your hiatus.

But there needs to be a penalty for those who post in the mccl but don't have the funds on hand. I know it might catch some people who had unforeseen circumstances, but I'm sure the staff can be lenient with proper explanation. After all, there's a stat on a person's profile page that says when they last logged on - so that could be checked before a penalty was given.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 am
If no funds... definately, there should be a penalty - all the way! Don't try for something you cannot afford.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm
I just wanna bump this thread because I don't think an answer was officially given?

I'd love to know if this was going to be implemented or not, realistically it's an awesome idea and a great treat for colourists to colour something they want to colour.

My points; (some may have already been said, I'm just agreeding with them).

1) Penalty for not having the funds - I have to say, this is a bit.. irkish with me because colourists deem edits differently. What is heavy to one colourist may be extreme to another and that's a big difference. There's the custom info in the thread but even that says it does not dictate pricing, as every colourist is different. Perhaps a PM from a colourist stating they would like to CC you and the price. If the price is what they thought it was going off the custom info, then they have the gold. If it's different because of a way a colourist prices, they may be able to borrow gold from a friend. If not, then they simply say 'I'm sorry, I can't afford as I based pricing on x edit' and they don't get to get CC'd. I'm all for people who don't have the gold not getting the slot, obviously, I just don't think they should be penalized, y'know?

2) Cosplays - I think cosplays should be allowed on the list, but perhaps a seperate mini list? You can still only have two entries (either two cosplays, two non-cosplays or one of each). This way, entries for multiple cosplays can be listed and if a colourist REALLLLY wants to do that character they simply roll amongst the people who are questing for it and that person gets it.

There's no dibs on cosplays. Multiple people can custom the same cosplay at once so I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed in the CC list. Just, the char be CC'd then rolled. If the person who gets it is CC'd then it's just gonna bring up favouritism claims.

3) Cool-down - I don't think the CC cool down should be any longer than customs, since CCing won't occur every month. But, I do think that one person can't be CC'd twice in a row, by any colourist, or twice in a row by the same colourist. Because, even though there's a cool down, there might not be any CC's in the month the cool down occurs. This'll just lower the chance for any favouritism claims. n_n;

Example: Colourist A chooses person Z.[cool down]
Colourist B chooses person Y
Colourist A chooses person Z again.
^ this should n'thappen.

Example 2: Colourist A chooses person Z. [cool down]
Colourist B chooses person Z.
^this shouldn't happen, either.

4) CC'd people - This is just a suggestion for people, not a rule to be put on the list. But perhaps list someone to PM if you can't be contacted. Someone you know IRL or who has your number or who can pay for the custom for you and then you pay them back. of course they'd have to agree but I think for people who get killed by RL, i.e. sickness or family issues, they shouldn't be punished. n_n;

ANYWHO. I just thought this was a good idea and it should be bumped up again to, hopefully, be answered.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 am
LOLTERNATIVE
I just wanna bump this thread because I don't think an answer was officially given?

I'd love to know if this was going to be implemented or not, realistically it's an awesome idea and a great treat for colourists to colour something they want to colour.

My points; (some may have already been said, I'm just agreeding with them).

1) Penalty for not having the funds - I have to say, this is a bit.. irkish with me because colourists deem edits differently. What is heavy to one colourist may be extreme to another and that's a big difference. There's the custom info in the thread but even that says it does not dictate pricing, as every colourist is different. Perhaps a PM from a colourist stating they would like to CC you and the price. If the price is what they thought it was going off the custom info, then they have the gold. If it's different because of a way a colourist prices, they may be able to borrow gold from a friend. If not, then they simply say 'I'm sorry, I can't afford as I based pricing on x edit' and they don't get to get CC'd. I'm all for people who don't have the gold not getting the slot, obviously, I just don't think they should be penalized, y'know?

2) Cosplays - I think cosplays should be allowed on the list, but perhaps a seperate mini list? You can still only have two entries (either two cosplays, two non-cosplays or one of each). This way, entries for multiple cosplays can be listed and if a colourist REALLLLY wants to do that character they simply roll amongst the people who are questing for it and that person gets it.

There's no dibs on cosplays. Multiple people can custom the same cosplay at once so I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed in the CC list. Just, the char be CC'd then rolled. If the person who gets it is CC'd then it's just gonna bring up favouritism claims.

3) Cool-down - I don't think the CC cool down should be any longer than customs, since CCing won't occur every month. But, I do think that one person can't be CC'd twice in a row, by any colourist, or twice in a row by the same colourist. Because, even though there's a cool down, there might not be any CC's in the month the cool down occurs. This'll just lower the chance for any favouritism claims. n_n;

Example: Colourist A chooses person Z.[cool down]
Colourist B chooses person Y
Colourist A chooses person Z again.
^ this should n'thappen.

Example 2: Colourist A chooses person Z. [cool down]
Colourist B chooses person Z.
^this shouldn't happen, either.

4) CC'd people - This is just a suggestion for people, not a rule to be put on the list. But perhaps list someone to PM if you can't be contacted. Someone you know IRL or who has your number or who can pay for the custom for you and then you pay them back. of course they'd have to agree but I think for people who get killed by RL, i.e. sickness or family issues, they shouldn't be punished. n_n;

ANYWHO. I just thought this was a good idea and it should be bumped up again to, hopefully, be answered.

I actually agree fully with this.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:03 am
I still think no cosplays - aside from the fact that some people who might not have otherwise thought to try for a character will once they see someone else trying for it - it's a lot of work for a colorist to go through the lists and find all of that character to randomize for who gets it - and if he/she misses one . . . it could lead to all kinds of bad. Besides - different people might want different versions of a character - but it's still only one cosplay per character - so if someone wanted one of the FF 10.2 characters with one outfit and someone else with another out fit and the colorist only wants to do one of those outfits they'd get stuck having to do whatever was rolled. It's just easier to say no cosplay on the CC list.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:28 pm
LydaLynn
I still think no cosplays - aside from the fact that some people who might not have otherwise thought to try for a character will once they see someone else trying for it - it's a lot of work for a colorist to go through the lists and find all of that character to randomize for who gets it - and if he/she misses one . . . it could lead to all kinds of bad. Besides - different people might want different versions of a character - but it's still only one cosplay per character - so if someone wanted one of the FF 10.2 characters with one outfit and someone else with another out fit and the colorist only wants to do one of those outfits they'd get stuck having to do whatever was rolled. It's just easier to say no cosplay on the CC list.

Agreed. As much as it would be nice to have them available for CC. There just isn't an easy way to do it without causing drama and a crap ton of difficulty for everyone involved. I think it would be best to leave cosplays out of it.

I do agree with everything else though and think it would be a nice addition smile I have yet to attain a custom and this might help increase chances at them. That way if colorists feel like they want to do some coloring really fast they can find something that catches their eye and work on it without having to go to the trouble of creating a thread, making lists, and rolling. I would think by the time they finished all of that the urge to color would likely be gone.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:56 am
I still fully agree with the 'no cosplays' notion, and others have fully highlighted why it'd be a problem - There's just too much trouble involved, and too much risk of something looking way too much like favoritism.

I also must express that I like the idea of an option in the post for "If I'm unavailable poke this person, they will poke me in turn" smile I have exactly two people who are on Gaia who know my cell #, and one of them knows I have frequent issues with either power or cable or both(Every time I think I'm getting ahead, one of those gets cut off! Argh!), though I do have a place I can haul my laptop and usually get online for a time there... But it's still a good precaution, in case of something like, I'm on a plane when picked, and I won't get internet access for a couple days.

And one last thing from me - I'm not sure if it was addressed or not xd Forms, I think, should be removed if we're both posting them in the CC thread and regular customs, and we land them in regular customs - Like with the MCC thread for breeding. Maybe even with LL status being reached for some forms. Say, 20 failed attempts to get a single custom concept? And it would ONLY apply in the CC thread, since depending on how someone feels, they could just as easily switch between one concept or another(For instance, I've lost count on how many different non-cosplay customs I want... And I've switched between them on a whim, sometimes depending on colorist).  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 am
I like the idea of tries being mentioned in the forms, I know a lot of colourists pick MCCL based on LL status, mostly.

Also, if you win a custom, you can't get CC'd during your cool down period. I think that's a given, but. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:25 am
I think A master cc for customs would be an excellent idea.
heart

I also think you should only be aloud to post 2 forms in your post.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:51 pm
I think this could lead to accusations of favoritism, but it might help if the length of time between getting a MCCL Custom and posting a new one was longer than the regular custom wait time?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:08 pm
slimycrow
I think this could lead to accusations of favoritism, but it might help if the length of time between getting a MCCL Custom and posting a new one was longer than the regular custom wait time?

Actually there are already 101 rules in place to cull favoritism already. Those rules would likely be enough to keep this from happening.

Ktns

Lunatic

AlexiaSilver

Welcoming Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 am
Etherial Requiem

Actually there are already 101 rules in place to cull favoritism already. Those rules would likely be enough to keep this from happening.

I don't believe that I have ever read those "101 rules". Feel free to link to them~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:10 am
slimycrow

I think that's an excellent idea smile  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:03 am
AlexiaSilver
Etherial Requiem

I don't believe that I have ever read those "101 rules". Feel free to link to them~

They currently aren't listed publicly seeing as they are rules for staff and not for the general democracy of the shop patrons. I'm fairly sure any staffy could back me up on this tho. Just because they aren't for everyone to see doesn't mean they don't exist. And again, since it's rules for staff it's probably safer they can't be seen by everyone under the sun. I'm sure they already have enough going on without non staff trying to police the staff as well c:  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff