Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:35 pm
Soquili could always do it like Shadows of Africa does it - Once every six months(March and September), SoA has a Major Customs month, when people put in as many forms as they can afford, and colorists peruse and pick as they please. Granted, of course, that SoA doesn't have edited pets to the same degree as Soquili, and you get one additional custom every month in the form of a litter custom(Customing into a breeding), BUT Major Customs functions fairly okay, and this month is actually the first one since SoA went on a temporary hiatus of its own, and so far almost everybody's gotten at least one custom(Some exceptions for a colorist doing related customs, IE, siblings). Point being, as I get slightly off track, Soquili could do it twice a year, when more colorists are likely to be free. It sounds like there's already rules in place for the staff to avoid favoritism, too, so...

And I still stand behind cosplays not being permitted in it, to keep things fair.

I also like the idea of allowing, to some degree, mutants and hyper-hybrids. The staff can lay down some heavy prices for hyper-hybrids and mutants, to try and keep them from being common in customs. Or, each colorist can only do so many mutants/hyper-hybrids, so they'll need to pick something they REALLY want to do, and people can only post a form for either two mutants or ONE hyper-hybrid.. Something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 am
There have been a lot of interesting ideas to be tossed around. I think a staff member should pop in here and give there opinion or input. I mean there really isn't much else that can be discussed I feel on our side, we need someone from staff to comment now.

I feel pretty happy with how many comments were said and how many people posted their opinion though biggrin I didn't expect there to be so much input but it was awesome because I got to think about it in a different way.

I wish I had of been around for this custom month thing too though because I don't really know much about it other than what others have told me.  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 am
Staff here! Not an official announcement but we do have an ongoing discussion on a potential customs month. However, we need to flesh out the rules/how customs get picked/other needed details, to keep things fair before we can consider posting the idea out into the public forums.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 am
I would love! to see this again!
I remember several years ago there was a customs month just like this where everyone had that unique opportunity to gather their customs and toss them all up for all staffers to see. If they wanted to take one, they could, just like with the CYO event.
As long as the customers could afford it, and the staff had no problem with it, this would be amazing to see again down the line.
<3  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash