Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I/S] About Stats ~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Stats should be used for more things?
Yes!
69%
 69%  [ 16 ]
No, I like things how they are.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I have another idea for Stats! (please post!)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Meh, I'm indifferent. *shrug*
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 pm
Sorry for using two letters, but it's kind of both. XD;

I know that what Stats are currently used for is the following:
-- Elder status
-- Chances for extra baskets
-- Discounts on items/familiars/etc

The only one of these currently listed on the About Stats post is the ability to use them for Elders. It's also mentioned in that post several times that higher stats can increase chances in certain games/raffles/etc. I'm not sure if they can be used for something else... Sorry if I'm missing anything. If I am someone smack me. lol

But in the whole time I've been at Soquili, I have not seen even one event where Stats matter in the ways that are outlined in the About Stats post. Maybe there's been one or two and I missed them, or maybe the extra chances are added secretly or something ...I don't know. XD;

But here's my suggestions/ideas on this~

User Image Have more/start having games where Stats matter! Prizes for these games could be things like the Soquili dollars (mentioned in another thread in here), Familiars, Stock Items, or even sometimes unedited Soquili. I think these games could be really fun in big events, and an added perk for those who RP more and raise their stats.

User Image Some sort of system could be worked on where ... for example, a stat of 10-19% alters your dice roll by +1, 20-29% by +2, 30-39% by +3, etc. For each game, you would have to pick a Soquili that had Stats in the area(s) the game concentrated on - high speed for racing, etc. To lighten the load on staff so far as having to look up things and add them in, owners could add their own modifiers, along with a link to their teepee. Then staff would only have to check and ensure the correct modifier was added.

User Image Maybe also start having some raffles where you choose a Soquili to enter the raffle - or else an average of all the Soquili's stats in your teepee is used to add modifiers (as above) to the tickets in some special raffles that crop up now and again.

User Image A suggestion was made to allow owners to assign stats where they want. My thought on how to keep this fair/organized: Simply randomize the correct number of times, then in the last post assign the numbers where wanted. Require owners to link to their rolls when PM'ing final stats for checking rolls (I do this anyway with all of mine XD) Deemed infeasible at two staff meetings - see Fel's post. Apologies, this was before I was hired so I didn't know~  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 pm
Long ago, back in 2006-2007, there used to be Soquili Races or Quizzes that pitted stats of a Soq against one another. The winner got a small stat boost while participants got a boost in the single stat that was being used for these events. That much I do remember but disappeared when the person in charge of them left.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 pm
I don't know what Mouse has planned but she said in another thread about stats that she had big plans for her RPers... dunno what they are or what they include but I am sure in a few months we will find out =D hehehe.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 pm
Oh, she did? That would be awesome if more things are planned for them later whee  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:21 pm
Personally, I'd love to see a change in the way starting stats are assigned.

Right now it's just so much luck.

I'd suggest either having x number of 'stat points' that could be put into stats as desired, or at least letting people move their rolled numbers into their stats as they choose - thus, if your background for your Soq was an intelligent but clumsy mare, you could make sure your stats where whey they needed to be to reflect that.

As for more things that the stats are good for, I think that could be fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:24 pm
Agreed; I'd love to be able to assign whatever my rolled numbers are to whichever stats I want to reflect the personality/background that I wanted for my soquili.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm
From the opposide side of that argument: the main issue with people assigning stats themselves is that it becomes much harder to keep track of and since soquili is a big store similar is better.

Samus does a great job of updating teepees but I wouldn't want to make her job all the more harder by her first having to figure out what numbers where rolled and then cross reference them with those assigned.... would mean slower teepee updates and more work for her.

Plus... in many ways once you have RPed your pet to higher stats the differences start to make little difference....

That said, I can see the point and the idealism from being able to assign the stats to each catagory to match the plan you have mapped out for the soquili.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Higher stats also give a discount for familiars! *not sure if i read it in here yet* xD;

It could always be like those games with the little hexagon thingies XD the image was just amusing >3<; Like... if you want higher luck you get lower X or something XD but then again, it gets complicated o.o;

And even if starting stats are low, that's why you RP them c; <33  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm
Oh I also like the idea of assigning stats where we want o: *adds that to first post, along with a suggested way of keeping things fair/organized for it*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:38 pm
Well, you could also say person has XX amount of stat points o: Like... 25?, etc Cx  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:41 pm
Syaoran-Puu
From the opposide side of that argument: the main issue with people assigning stats themselves is that it becomes much harder to keep track of and since soquili is a big store similar is better.

Samus does a great job of updating teepees but I wouldn't want to make her job all the more harder by her first having to figure out what numbers where rolled and then cross reference them with those assigned.... would mean slower teepee updates and more work for her.

Plus... in many ways once you have RPed your pet to higher stats the differences start to make little difference....

That said, I can see the point and the idealism from being able to assign the stats to each catagory to match the plan you have mapped out for the soquili.

She already has to check that we rolled what we say we rolled, how is it any harder if we get to choose where we put the stats? We link the roll when we send the form, and just link the appropriate roll to the stat after we decided which one is going where.

I only have one Soq - and I got it from the WoW event - it's a cosplay of a mechagnome. To my mind, it should have high intelligence and stamina [and maybe strength] but low speed and luck with moderate courage [and/or strength]. However, the stats fell very much different from what made sense for him.

I don't mind random stats, but being able to assign them where they make sense for the character wouldn't make any difference in how quickly he/she became an elder or any of the other things stats can be used for, because you'd still have the same numbers that you rolled, it would just make it easier to play your character if you arn't having to justify the logical conversation that would come from that character despite abysmal intelligence.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 pm
Changing the way stats are assigned has been brought up before and it will not be happening. We ALREADY have issues with people trying to cheat the system and it's enough of a pain without making it more complicated. I know samus will back me on that.

The About Stats thread does need to be updated, and it's on my to-do list. Right now you can find more information in the IC RP Subforum sticky.

And more stats games will not be happening for a while simply because there is an awful lot going on right now. It is on the board for the future, but there are a lot more issues to be fixed for the time being.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm
Thanks for letting us know.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 pm
LydaLynn
She already has to check that we rolled what we say we rolled, how is it any harder if we get to choose where we put the stats? We link the roll when we send the form, and just link the appropriate roll to the stat after we decided which one is going where.

I only have one Soq - and I got it from the WoW event - it's a cosplay of a mechagnome. To my mind, it should have high intelligence and stamina [and maybe strength] but low speed and luck with moderate courage [and/or strength]. However, the stats fell very much different from what made sense for him.

I don't mind random stats, but being able to assign them where they make sense for the character wouldn't make any difference in how quickly he/she became an elder or any of the other things stats can be used for, because you'd still have the same numbers that you rolled, it would just make it easier to play your character if you arn't having to justify the logical conversation that would come from that character despite abysmal intelligence.
To explain my point =D
It will be harder because currently Samus looks at the dice and then looks at the next post to ensure the correct number was placed. Simple and she doesn't need to remember the number once confirmed.

If we changed the system to roll them all first and then assign them Samus has to write all the numbers down and then cross check them with the stats assigned.... for one soquili this may not sound bad or alot but you are forgetting this is a BIG store and when there are booms we are talking ALOT of pets needing checking. The more complicated the system the more mistakes, the more cheating is allowed to slip through and in the end it becomes a big mess where more people become unhappy than happy. smile

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 am
Assignment of starting stats /different ways of rolling them was discussed twice at staff meetings and deemed unfeasible due to increased workload and error checking.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff