19%  [ 13 ]
Other.
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 68

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:10 am
There seems to be a problem where people just don't like Usdia. They're always last choices for raffles, and the Lover's Rock is cluttered with them because no one wants to bother breeding them. Overall, there just seems to be a feel that they're not "real" Soq. This is defiantly not true. Usdia can have all the RP fun and adventures as full-sized Soq (except for maybe reaching the cookies on the top shelf).

I think part of the problem is circular here. The customers aren't interested because they aren't as cool. They don't get wings or horns, and often don't even have edited manes and tales. So they don't really do anything with them when they win them. The colorists don't bother taking the time to do edits on them because the customers are going to scale them down in their signatures or not show them off at all, and probably not RP them. Why bother doing the work if it's not going to be appreciated?

The solution is this: Make some really, really badass looking Usdia. Nothing too ridiculous since the template is smaller and harder to work with, but it would be great to see Usdia with Wind or Kalona styled wings, Unicorn or Kirin styled horns, or maybe a Kelpi tail (which, yes, I understand are all mutations for Usdia). At very least, there could be more Usdia that have small accessories or clothing items, and there defiantly should be some that have non-standard manes and tails. The ones in the Halloween Flat where a great start! The idea should go further than that though.

Now the other issue is that edits are rare in Flatsales, and that Usdia are shoved into Flats as filler prizes. What would remedy this would be to have an all Usdia event! It would have an auction, paid raffle, free games, RP contest, the whole nine yards. The theme could be something like, "Attack of the Minis" or "It's Not the Size of the Boat, but the Motion of the Ocean" or what have you. You could even explain the high amount of mutations due to some black magic in the land or some sort of run-off waste from somewhere. Maybe colorists could also get bonus credits as an incentive for doing mutant Usdia and contributing to the event since it's not something they usually do?

If the Usdia were attractive enough, and they were the only thing available in the event, then the customers would want them. If they were earned or paid for other than just their 14th choice pick in a Flaffle, then there would be a desire to RP them, show them off, and then breed them. If more badass Usdia are filling the gene-pool and passing around edits, then the new cycle forms, and people will be interested in them once again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:11 am
They wouldn't even have to be edited or mutants.
Just a Usidia-based event with nicely-coloured Usdia.

I would love that! 8D  

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 am
I think having more usdias would be cute =D the part i don't really agree with is the having wings and stuff part. They're not really meant for that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:20 am
I already have a badass usdia which I adore XD

...that said I'd love to see kirin/uni/kalona/angeni style templates for them. If a uni horn is considered a mutant in a mini it means that you can only acquire it via bribes and there aren't many bribe slots at all. I think that's half the problem. ^_^  

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 am
ATh e a r t
I think having more usdias would be cute =D the part i don't really agree with is the having wings and stuff part. They're not really meant for that.

Says the person with a winged usdia hehe ♥

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:34 am
Etherial Requiem
ATh e a r t

Says the person with a winged usdia hehe ♥

Wings usdia just have their wings XD;; They can't really use them to fly or anything because of their bone mass o: Like... they could 'flap' but not get the Usdia off the ground. Tarala has tried D:  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm
Usdia are meant to be simple, cute, and easier to obtain. It was a conscious decision by the staff, as far as I know, to have them not be able to be mutants/wings/have horns etc.

Something doesn't have to be "bad a**" to be better imho.

I have always wanted to see Usdia skinwalkers, though. I mean, you'd think the powder would work on them, right? Like... with rabbit and ferret pelts and the like. Haha.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:58 pm
I think Usidia are ADORABLE. I've always wanted one, except for the simple reason that I doubted I could find anyone to breed with/have interest in mine. Doesn't change the fact that I want one, it just changes where it's at on my list. Same thing with Seathi.

Now, I'm in love with wings though. Some little bee type or butterfly types would greatly appeal to me, though I do understand not having them.

But it's a catch 22 like with mers. No one wants to go quest for something that's going to be EXTREMELY hard to find a mate for and since no one quests them, there aren't more to breed or more to have. The only way that I see to solve either problems is have a small event with unedited ones (more hair templates though) to have more on the market, which will increase people wanting some because there are more choices.

Also maybe occassionaly having a mer or usidia or seathi only spot in breedings instead of a an two open slots (if person is doing two opens)  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:34 pm
Kamiki
Usdia are meant to be simple, cute, and easier to obtain. It was a conscious decision by the staff, as far as I know, to have them not be able to be mutants/wings/have horns etc.

Something doesn't have to be "bad a**" to be better imho.

I have always wanted to see Usdia skinwalkers, though. I mean, you'd think the powder would work on them, right? Like... with rabbit and ferret pelts and the like. Haha.

Are they really easier to obtain though? I don't see a lot of them floating around, even in events  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 pm
@Kirowyn - that was supposed to be the idea, I think. rather it was executed... that's another story ^__^ But at least when they were first released that was the impression that I got.

Kind of like "My First Soquili" project.

But they are significantly cheaper than regular Soq to custom and such

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:16 pm
Cute: Yes...but customizable... No. I see some with pretty good coloring and some good edits, but not a lot coz of how limited these edits are.

so yeah, agree for making new edits for minis.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:31 pm
I think having a Usdia based event would be amazing.

And just because a Usdia is edited, still doesnt mean people will want to breed with it. I have a very edited Usdia and people shy away from him x'D. But I adore him and wish I had more time to rp him and his familiar. I think it would also be easyer if maybe durring breedings, colorists had a 'usdia only' slot. Then people might be more willing to obtain them. I know its especially hard to breed my Usdia since I am picky who to breed with him and really only enter him in mixers. Which are also unfortunetly rare.

I would LOOOOOOVE to see a usdia skinwalker. My dream is to get my kitten as a usdia, but I also wanted it to have the kitten ears and tail, which isnt possible if it isnt a mutant =(. Or just clothing. I would sign a petition to get Usdia skinwalkers x3. Even if it is just ferrits and bunnys xD.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:44 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
I think Usidia are ADORABLE. I've always wanted one, except for the simple reason that I doubted I could find anyone to breed with/have interest in mine. Doesn't change the fact that I want one, it just changes where it's at on my list. Same thing with Seathi.

Now, I'm in love with wings though. Some little bee type or butterfly types would greatly appeal to me, though I do understand not having them.

But it's a catch 22 like with mers. No one wants to go quest for something that's going to be EXTREMELY hard to find a mate for and since no one quests them, there aren't more to breed or more to have. The only way that I see to solve either problems is have a small event with unedited ones (more hair templates though) to have more on the market, which will increase people wanting some because there are more choices.

Also maybe occassionaly having a mer or usidia or seathi only spot in breedings instead of a an two open slots (if person is doing two opens)

xD Im questing for a Usidia I wnat it to look my dog (:  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 pm
For my own part, I don't really like the look of the Usdias and Mers. RP difficulty or not... they don't really appeal to me. XD; I actually kind of like the Seathi but I don't really see a lot of them put into the raffles and things.. *shrug*

HOWEVER,

I do think an Usdia-based event or two would be a good thing. I've seen several Usdia enthusiasts or people who think they're cute and would like one making comments in the thread as such. I'd like to see you guys get to have some mini-fun. :3  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:08 pm
I have no desire to see Usdias become ******** out the a** like regular soqs so.. no thanks on bad a** Usdias. Im sure you can request facial expressions that would make them look like Kawaii Desu xD

As for promoting them more, YES YES YES  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces