Other.
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 68

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:36 pm
My only Soq right now is an Usdia - I didn't realize when I won him how hard it was going to be to find rp for him. Particularly steady rp. I hate that I'm anxious to get a full sized Soq so I can find some rp because my Usdia deserves good rp, I love him to pieces and was so very thrilled to get my first Soq only to realize that most people see Usdia as 'second class citizens'.

I think it might have to do with the fact that they can't breed with other Soq. My thought was that if there were other mini races - not duplicates of the full sized races, but something new and different, but that could breed with the Usdia, maybe people would be more interested. I don't know.

But I don't think just having tons of mutants running around is really the answer.

I would, however, love to see an event that focused on the Usdia and maybe tried to address how little love they get.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 pm
Yes King is right that the usdia are not meant to be edited. These pets are small like foals, which also don't get many edits, so mass editing would not suit them. Usdia are mostly geared towards soquili newbies who want to get a foot in the soquili shop to see if they like it. We have several long time owners who enjoy collecting usdia so they do have a well grounded fan base. The issue may be that there isn't enough usdia in the shop when there should be more because they are common pets.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm
Sirenz
Yes King is right that the usdia are not meant to be edited. These pets are small like foals, which also don't get many edits, so mass editing would not suit them. Usdia are mostly geared towards soquili newbies who want to get a foot in the soquili shop to see if they like it. We have several long time owners who enjoy collecting usdia so they do have a well grounded fan base. The issue may be that there isn't enough usdia in the shop when there should be more because they are common pets.

Somehow that just doesn't seem right to me... why should the size of the usdia effect their edit amount or their worth? You can rp them the same as a full soq so why can't you edit them the same? A foal is still in the process of growing up, so it hasn't developed its edits yet (and some have...there are more edited foals then edited usdia out there). But a usdia is grown up, but small for life. That's kinda like saying a small person can't be as fancy as a full sized person just because they're small.

Which brings me to the next question...why are they meant for newbies? That's essentially saying they are tester soq until you get a full sized soquili and not really as important/worth as much. That is effectively downgrading them to second class citizens as Lyda said. It's no wonder people don't want to have usdia if that's how they are represented.

EDIT: @Lyda: There are people out there who do rp with usdia...and once I get off school (mid December) I'll be rping Drith...8D  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:58 am
I'm not saying that they need to be ********, but should have some of the same traits as full sized ones. The wings wouldn't need to be SUPA HUEG, but proportionate to their bodies and like them, small and cute.

And yes, it would be really really awesome to have a skinwalker Usida (and it does make sense that the corpse powder would effect them too).

Sadly though, it does feel like "starter horses" are getting a bit neglected. I'm also kind of sad that they're thought of that way. Of all my Soq, the one I've RPed the most (to date) is my Usdia, Birthday Marzipan. I love his personality, and I think he's one of the most attractive Usdia around; which really isn't saying much.

Again, to make people (other than the most hardcore Usida fans) want to show them off or RP them, I think they need to be prettier. AT VERY LEAST, we should see more Usdia with minor hair and accessory edits. Admittedly, this shop does have a problem with too many edits, but you can never roll back from there. People just don't like unedited Soq as much, and the Usdia need to catch up with the times.

And no matter what is decided about how they're colored, it would really be wonderful to have an event dedicated to them. If they're "for newbies" then have an auctions that's only for people who haven't won auctions, and a newbie only raffle and games. There could even be a game for people who have no Usdia (because I'm sure there are owners who only have full-sized Soq).  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:23 am
FitzRoyal
@Lyda: There are people out there who do rp with usdia...and once I get off school (mid December) I'll be rping Drith...8D

I know there are, but it's harder to find, and if they're running behind on their rps - the Usdia are usually the ones that don't get tagged. There are always exceptions to this, but it's what I've discovered so far in trying to rp my boy.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 pm
StarieMichie
I'm not saying that they need to be ********, but should have some of the same traits as full sized ones. The wings wouldn't need to be SUPA HUEG, but proportionate to their bodies and like them, small and cute.

And yes, it would be really really awesome to have a skinwalker Usida (and it does make sense that the corpse powder would effect them too).

Sadly though, it does feel like "starter horses" are getting a bit neglected. I'm also kind of sad that they're thought of that way. Of all my Soq, the one I've RPed the most (to date) is my Usdia, Birthday Marzipan. I love his personality, and I think he's one of the most attractive Usdia around; which really isn't saying much.

Again, to make people (other than the most hardcore Usida fans) want to show them off or RP them, I think they need to be prettier. AT VERY LEAST, we should see more Usdia with minor hair and accessory edits. Admittedly, this shop does have a problem with too many edits, but you can never roll back from there. People just don't like unedited Soq as much, and the Usdia need to catch up with the times.

And no matter what is decided about how they're colored, it would really be wonderful to have an event dedicated to them. If they're "for newbies" then have an auctions that's only for people who haven't won auctions, and a newbie only raffle and games. There could even be a game for people who have no Usdia (because I'm sure there are owners who only have full-sized Soq).

I think people are missing the fact that Usdias, like Seathi, are -not- supposed to be that heavily edited. Even with mini wings, they are useless. Even if they had pelts, it would only be a dead animal on their body. They would -not- have the same characteristics as the current regular Soquili species.

I don't know how pretty they can get? I love my Usdia. People are just picky and they want more, so they don't aim for Usdia. Usdias -can- be edited. They don't have to be heavily edited like some regular Soq, but they look cute with just like... hair and tail edits. I love them. I even want to get a Shaymin one. So in this, I don't think it's 'prettier', just peoples' preference to have regular over the minis. Same if others prefer minis over regulars.

And yes. An all Minis event would be cute.

Oh. Just a point I want to make. Usdias are cheaper to quest for if someone was questing for their first Soquili. It is just their choice if they want to aim for something higher.  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:46 am
Corpse powder in essence can affect all Soqs but Angeni, who are so "pure" and "good" that they cancel out the effects of corpse powder. So yes, if you think of it that way, Usdia should be affected too. However, skinwalkers are meant to be bloodthirsty, etc, etc. In fact, in the RP events featuring skinwalkers that I had seen (meaning since last year), when it came down to 'Describe the Soq's past and why Oyohusa would want to use his precious powder on them'.

Yeah... They might be empowered after turning into a skinwalker, but I don't think the darkest shaman of all time would go hunting for Usdias to turn into evil creatures of the night?

Anyway, that's the IC reason of why I believe skinwalkering should not be allowed on Usdias... Anyway, would you really pay over 4 million to get your Usdia turned into a mini skinwalker? I probably won't...

As for edits, Usida and Seathi are both "Common" Soquili - this means that they are meant to be more affordable, for newbies who might not have much gold... They are 200k to 250k cheaper than a regular Soquili after all! In fact, Seathi costs as much as a 'rare' familiar - something I'm not pleased with but shall not bring here. xD

Also, Usdias are allowed to have minor/moderate hair edits - its the only two type of edits allowed on Usdias. Anyway, most colorists don't do heavy edits on a regular basis in customs, not even on regular Soquili. So yes, edits-wise, regular and mini Soqs get the same treatment 90% of the time. If you want an edit monster from the 'heavy edits' category, you'll probably end up weighing down the poor Usdia and I'll rather you not do that if you love it.

I started off with 1 Usdia as my second Soq ever. When I got my second Usdia (third Soq ever), they magically clicked and seriously, their love story will not lose to that of a regular Soq's... Their son had also found love after I found him a couple of RPs; he ran into his lifemate. We didn't even plan on it... And they are all either unedited or with minor edits.

However, I admit that treating Minis as second class citizens is getting tiring. I would admit to favoring my regular-size ponies, but it would be nice to see the Minis get some love!

From experience, however, when the Seathis were first introduced with a whole event dedicated to them, its not like they became anymore popular. >.>; So yeah... It takes more than just an event to change a perception that had been around for over a year. I'm in support of it though - an event might still help make the RP more Mini-friendly!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:14 pm
I think it'd be fun to have new mini breeds - that arn't Usdia - but that can breed with them.

Like the Wooly: A long haired pony that's cute and fluffy. Real world examples: example 1, example 2

Or one that's like the Cerynei - but is based on a goat instead of a deer. So it'd be of slighter build and have horns - but spiraling goat and/or ram horns - and could have a little chin beard.

And maybe Buzz: A mini with small insect wings - I think it'd be really cute it if was beatle wings, with the hard outer wing and the wings for flying underneath [example]. It'd be like the flutter, in that it could get smaller to fly into flowers, but not have customizable wings and it could only fly in it's smaller form - not in the full sized form.

I'm sure there are other things that could be done. But those are just some basic ideas.

Generally - keep the minis simple - but give variety that isn't just edits - so that Usdia can breed with other than just Usdia.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:12 am
Rambo Usdia. Problem solved. 8DDDDDDDD!

(But srsly, Usdia are cute ponies, why mess with a cute thing? <3 ! )  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Personally, I'm interested in finding a way to get more people interested in them and in rp with them. My thought is that different breeds of minis that could have foals together could get more interest into the whole group. To a large extent because, so far as I can tell, that's what most people seem interested in, getting breedings to see how the different breeds and edits mix.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:26 pm
I think it'd be cool to have different mini breeds.

I personally wouldn't want a skinwalker mini (or maybe I would depending on how they looked xD ) but why wouldnt the powder work on them? I think it should I mean, if the evil devil guy (sorry I dont know his name) was at all cunnning he would think to use the powder on minis because they could easier trick other soqs into believing they are harmless but then they could be powerful. If you were a soq wouldn't you think it would be easy to overpower a mini? So the mini could trick the regular soqs into seeming harmless but actually be dark and sinister giving them extra strength that they seem incapable of having.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:04 pm
I think Usdia would be cooler if they could have up to heavy NON-ITEM edits(IE, JUST hair and fur). That massively-furry little pony there? That is adorable. That is just EPIC levels of adorable. And we couldn't get that as an Usdia, because it'd be more than moderate editing.

I think one sub-type that an Usdia would look cute as is a mini-flutter Soquili. After all, if you look at the My Little Pony line, some of THE smallest -adult- ponies are the Summer/Windy Wing ponies, and they're just very very adorable. It would compensate the fact that they're small, and make them that much more desirable(Along with up to heavy non-item edits).

Another is a second deer-type. There's some incredibly small species of deer out there - Give the Usdia the antlers/hooves/ears/tails of those tiny deer species, and that's something else utterly adorable people would want.

There could also be specific little kinds of skinwalkers - Small animals you wouldn't otherwise see as a skinwalker. Like a strange side-effect of the Corpse Powder - Since they're so small and harmless-looking, Usdia could turn into... Bunnywalkers(With two forms - Erect ears, and lop ears), or mouse/ratwalkers. Something to go with the 'small' theme. And since rabbits and rodents tend to be very prolific, they could come with a small(Like, 5-10%) bump in chance of a third basket, bumped even further with RP and stats. Hey, look, even more incentive for people to RP their Usdia smile

I dunno, just tossing ideas out there, as a 'for the edits' thing. I'd personally love a Bunnywalker Usdia, it'd be adorable. Nobody suspects the bunny... ninja  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:21 pm
Andranis

Another is a second deer-type. There's some incredibly small species of deer out there - Give the Usdia the antlers/hooves/ears/tails of those tiny deer species, and that's something else utterly adorable people would want.

Yeah. You could base them on the Dik Dik which is a very small Antelope.

Or The Leaf Muntjac

Or the Pudu, the males having short horns like this guy.

An Usdia based on any one of these deer/antelope, I would totally go for.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 pm
Yes, exactly! Something utterly adorable! heart They don't have to be bad-a** to make people want them more, and they don't even have to cost TOO much more than a plain Usdia. Maybe to get it as a 'type', it could be treated as 'edit levels' for an Usdia, even though it'd be templated(IE, a Flutter Usdia would be either Light or Moderate, as would a Deer, but a Skinwalker(Bunny Usdia!) would be considered Heavy since they're wearing a skin and getting ear/tail changes).  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 pm
yes I think that bunnies would be adorable (I was thinking that too xd ) or perhaps a meercat, porquipine, or squirrel?  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff