25%  [ 22 ]
Yay but (explain)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 85

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:37 am
I really like this idea and while I'm far from being LL, I have a feeling we'll all be there at one stage (if we haven't already).

And I'm pretty sure guild mods can check when stuff's been edited? Though I think it's only back a short while..

Perhaps someone could keep record.

I.E - So and so - Species - Gender - Type (cosplay or w/e) - and a brief description of the form so that it's always there?

but it maybe too much idk. /flails.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:50 am
I really would like this to happen, I know there are a lot less custom opportunities than breedings which means that there would be a lot of LL, I know that a great many people having been trying a long time - and I'm one of them - and a good deal of those have probably also been trying for the same concept.

Maybe it's not logistically feasible due to the fact that not every custom opening requires a form to be posted but almost 2years & over 20 attempts for the same concept have become a little tiring XD (I ain't damn well stopping trying till I get her but yeah =P )  

Sayuri_Nitta

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 am
The easiest way to keep track of this would be to go by the owner and not the concept. I.E., if the PERSON has not gotten a custom in a year (or x many of tries), they are eligible for LL.

Unlike breedings, where you can win 2 per month, customs you can only win (at max) once per month anyway.

Because some people don't like posting their forms publicly, and others will chose different concepts depending on the colorists.

I don't think those people should be considered any less unlucky than someone who is going after the same concept.

Just if you could prove you've tried for ANY custom x number of tries, and haven't gotten ANY custom in that time, they should be considered LL.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 am
I agree wholly with Kamiki.

But isn't it you can win 2 breedings a month, but including the waiting period on a custom, you can only win one custom every 3 months? (the month you won, plus two more months)

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 am

Kamiki is correct. Its only 2 months. 60 days from the day you got your custom, not 90.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:40 am
That would be a lot easier than worrying about concept attempts, Kamiki - You're right. :3

Either way, I do wholly support this idea. Because while I understand that this is a massive shop with an epic following, it can be a little discouraging to try and try again and come away with nothing while watching others come away seemingly regularly with customs. LL Customs would be amazing.  

shtrdrngry

Space Pumpkin

24,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Demonic Associate 100

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:35 pm
I disagree with Kamiki mostly because putting a time stamp on attempts instead of track number would get very very messy and the argument "infrequent customs" would work here. I have had people in my charity who were waiting on winning a slot for five years max. Just because they have a higher number of years than average would not increase their chances on getting a slot in the LL section, just like it was brought up for breeding LL that multiple levels of LL just gets redundant.

However, I think one way to counteract the massive number of low luck would be to pretty much cut the losses and say "starting from this point, customers have to keep record of their attempts." This would seem very unfair to some people who have been waiting so long, like myself, but it's a simple solution to keep from having 50+ people already on low luck for customs.

Also, it's a little worrisome that some customers might play with the system and make sure they have all their concepts getting close to the point of LL if we did use the attempt number system.

So now I can see some of the loop holes with low luck customs that can crop up instead of the argument simply being "infrequency."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 pm
Oh, my point wasn't going by time stamp vs number of attempts (personally I prefer number of attempts myself) - my point I was just saying it should be tracked by the user and NOT the concept. Therefore it doesn't matter if you've been going for the SAME concept 20 times, or different concepts 20 times... if you've tried unsuccessfully to get a custom in 20 attempts, that should be LL.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I have to say I agree with Kamiki as well. I mean, I have different concepts for different artists as well. I just feel some artists are at a different level than others, and would rather try for what I feel is best suited for them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:34 pm
I too agree with Kamiki, in the beginning I wasn't trying for only one concept. I kind of swapped off between two but I have been entering religiously for a while now. I think it would be fair to say that if you have entered and lost 20 times, regardless of what you entered, you should qualify as low luck.

I realize it would be another thing to count but I think if someone has been dedicated enough to the shop to try for something for such a long time they deserve a little credit. ^^

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:07 am
I think the problem of going by user is that half the shop is probably low luck on customs right now. But, a lot of people (myself included) pick different customs for different colorists. I know that the custom I currently want the most and have been wanting since the day I came to Soq, has too many edits for some of the slots offered. Not every custom concept fits into every raffle. So I understand the by user and not by concept thing, but I think that the low luck for customs slot would be way too long right now if it was done that way.

On a side note, I did like when the occasional "custom newbie" slot did crop up. People trying for their first custom should get cut a little slack.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:43 am
I know that, occasionally, a colorist will have their entry tags set up where people can state if they are a newbie, or whatever, and get entered for newbie AND the open slot rolls... maybe LL would just be an extra tag like that, if the colorists felt like doing it?  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:02 pm
Hey guys!

So, we've been talking in the staff meetings about this issue. We're still debating details on whether or not this is something the shop or colourists want to adopt, but don't have a definitive answer. We'll let you know officially what we decide at a later date, but currently it is in long-term discussion with all the staff. ^_^

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:13 am
I'm not sure if Uta's post means that discussion must stop or not but I wandered over this thread when looking round the forum so I thought I'd post some thoughts as this is a topic that came up in a conversation with some soquili friends the other day.

I very sorry if this was supposed to be dropped, but as nothing official was decided that I could see on either page I thought that you could still post thoughts here. *begs forgiveness if this is not the case*

I agree with this idea and I think Kamiki has a valid point as do many others. Customs are not a common thing, and how frequent they are varies. However if you can link yourself to 20 (or whatever the decided limit will be) tries for a custom, be it the same or different then you should be able to qualify for LL.

However... Some concepts you might want more than others. I know I have one at the moment that is close to my heart. So it will be pure luck if you swap your concepts around on if you get the one you want most or one that fits the slots...

Usually the only time I swap an idea is if the slots are unedited only as I have an unedited I've tried for since the July customs month. But other ideas have been more important to me for sentimental reasons.

No new thread would need to be created I dont think, owners can keep a log in their teepee with links.

The Big issue I see is that many at the moment could qualify for LL customs. My one and only customs win was a year ago in newbie slots. So yes if I went and found every entry I had in customs I might well have 20 or close to.

So what is to be done with that? IF the shop started LL customs next month how do they cut down on the number of LL customers without upsetting everyone?

Idea: (might upset those been trying a long time already) IF the shop start LL customs, it goes from a stated month (for example January 2011) so any custom tried before that wont count, that way the LL customs will trickle in at a manageable speed rather than starting out with a huge pile that would put anyone off.

I'm not saying that is the most fair way of doing it, however with so many at a year or more of trying, a few extra months wont kill us, and having a chance at LL customs would be a huge thing, if it became unmanageable with loads right away the colourists will never agree to it, so I think there needs to be a little give and take in this idea. I know as a colourist I would probably die if suddenly I have even more customs lists and suddenly found that I have a LL custom list of 100 or so.

So yes I'm all for the LL Customs idea however I think there needs to be a way found that makes it fair on the colourists, and not have them swamped by a huge list. I know Uta said the staff are talking it over but I don't think that should stop us trying to come up with useful suggestions to try and help them decide.

Again I'm very sorry if this thread was supposed to be left alone sweatdrop

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:28 am
Roniel Targaryen
xNephilim Queen
Unfortunately since Customs are so rare at the moment, it'd be extremely easy to rack up entries necessary to achieve LL. LL Customs could be a good idea if customs were as frequent as breedings. As of right now, however, that isn't the case. So in that regards, you're then going to be fighting the same people for the LL slot(s).

Sorta what I've been thinking. It seems to be very rare that someone wins more than one custom in a year. Everyone would be LL, practically...
indeed even if ll were 40 tries for customs that list would be crazy long.
Personally I think all customs should be cc any way that way artists have that happy place outlet for their creativity anytime they wanna use it.
just post them in quest threads and cross your fingers.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff