25%  [ 22 ]
Yay but (explain)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 85

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:24 pm
I believe having ALL customs being CC is a very bad idea. There is already enough drama surrounding CC because of favoritism so I think that is just poking the sleeping dragon even more. People would start complaining that they are never chosen because they are not close to the colorist and that would just create more drama.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:36 pm
Having all customs be CC would be a tragedy imho.

For one, people who aren't popular, or just don't poke around the thread much, would have a much harder time (than it already is) to get a custom at all.

Also, sometimes people go for custom concepts that are very near and dear to their hearts but might not be what a colorist would normally pick as a CC. Anything from an obscure cosplay that no one's ever heard or, to a irl pet that has a face only a mother could love, to just not 100% in line with a colorists own tastes...

... I'm all for colorists being able to CC! Just nothing should be completely CC all the time.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 pm
I agree with having LL slots for customs like there is for breedings. Those with physical proof and links.
Yes I understand they are far inbetween sometimes and that they aren't as consistent as breedings. But I can see from certain viewpoints how frustrating it can be to have tried for more than 2 years+ and still not achieve the custom you have been waiting for many months.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah I know this thread was answered but Im curious what the answer really ended up being?

Ktns

Lunatic

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:22 pm
Kamiki
Having all customs be CC would be a tragedy imho.

For one, people who aren't popular, or just don't poke around the thread much, would have a much harder time (than it already is) to get a custom at all.

Also, sometimes people go for custom concepts that are very near and dear to their hearts but might not be what a colorist would normally pick as a CC. Anything from an obscure cosplay that no one's ever heard or, to a irl pet that has a face only a mother could love, to just not 100% in line with a colorists own tastes...

... I'm all for colorists being able to CC! Just nothing should be completely CC all the time.

I totally agree with Kamiki. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:46 am
What did the answer to this end up being? *Curious*  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:43 pm
I know this is a very old suggestion thread and the shop answer way back in 2011 was that the staff were thinking about it but I just wanted to bump this issue back up as I still feel there is still a continued lack of support for LL customs. Hoping we might be able to discuss the options for this again and maybe get some new staff feedback.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:09 pm
... I don't think this ever WAS really answered, just a "We'll discuss it" post Oo

If I can still put my two cents it about it - Maybe a Low Luck custom can function like the breedings. 10-20 tries minimum to qualify, and then if colorists feel like it they can have a Low Luck Custom Slot that will span either all slot types if they opt to not do a Super Rare, or Mini up through Rare... And like the breedings, attempts need to be logged. Or, alternately, if a concept's been attempted 10-20 times and it's all linked properly, that form can have a second ticket. No new lists, and that's just one extra chance in that customs thread, with the option of, if a colorist feels like it like with LL breedings, they can CC a form that's been trying a while... Again, IF they feel like it. No pressure.  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Malomy

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:06 pm
Yes, I'd love a low luck custom slot. I'm facing a year of trying for basically the same custom with no luck so far. Granted, there haven't been that many customs that have been open since then, and there have been people who have been trying for longer, but still. As someone who is newer than most of the people in the thread, it's very off putting to badly want a custom, and know that your chances of getting that custom will never be any better, unlike LL breedings, which reward people who keep trying. And I'm not blaming Sirenz, nor am I mad at anyone over this, but I would have paid IRL money to get this custom if I'd ever gotten the chance, but I know that's never going to happen now either. I just want to know that if I keep trying, I'll actually get my custom eventually.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am
I agree Malomy. With over 4 years of trying for a custom with no luck I would just like to have the hope that if I continue to try I will eventually get a custom.

For me personally though my interests have changed so much in that time that I have tried for a few different ideas so I would prefer not to be penalized if there was a LL slot for not sticking with one idea. Perhaps the number of custom slots entered for rather than times entered for one idea could be tallied.

Other options could be more newbie custom slots or longer custom cooldowns though I suspect the latter would get less support.  

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 am
I think a lot of people flop though different custom ideas partly because of the colorist's preferences and partly because it takes so long to win one that you do get new ideas you want to try for. I would think that if there were LL trackers for customs, you would just only count the times you entered for a specific idea.

Like if I entered for Custom Pony A three times, and Custom Pony B two times my tally list would look like:
A: try 1, try 2, try 3
B: try 1, try 2
even if I alternated when I entered them and went A, B, A, B, A. I mean, I don't think anyone would be punished or penalized for having more than one idea, just like how no one is penalized for rotating their breeding couples.

My only concern (if it did happen) is would this be a "moving forward, you can tally" thing, or a "all your old tries count" thing?

Also, always love for newbie slots of any kind. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:20 am
I think LL would be nice. I agree, though, it should be by the person trying, not the concept. In part because I try and play the odds. If there are more of a particular type of slot and I think there won't be as many entries, I'll try for that type of custom. I have a lot of concepts, I work on whatever makes the most sense for that colorist at that time with the slots open in that raffle.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 am
I dont like this idea. It sounds like more work for the colorists and more work for me to keep track of. When I enter for custom slots I pick the concept that I think the artist would do justice, and will switch the concepts according to the artists talents and ability's. I just have so many concepts and if i had to tally each one it would take forever anyway and probably wouldnt matter much in the end.
I'll just keep taking my chances until I win a slot.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 am
I also switch my custom concepts up a LOT depending on availability of slots, and the strengths of the colorists.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 am
Same in that it should be the person not the concept. I can recall quite a few custom openings where a certain slot type or edit range wasn't offered and thus people had to change forms or their idea completely.

Definitely a vote from me for LL customs and would love to hear more from staff again on this :3  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff