Yay but (explain)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 85

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 am
Instead of counts at all...maybe just make a new slot? Call it the LL slot but it's for anyone who hasn't gotten a custom for 2 years?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 am

I'd adore some custom newbie slots.

And I'm all for a longer custom cooldown, haha. >A>;
But I know that would be super unpopular.

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:34 pm
-[The Spoof]-
Instead of counts at all...maybe just make a new slot? Call it the LL slot but it's for anyone who hasn't gotten a custom for 2 years?

I don't think two years works. I'm only a month out from that. In the Cool Down thread there have already been two people who say they're four years of trying and not getting a custom.

Plus, that means anyone who never tried would be considered LL as they haven't gotten a custom.

I think it needs to be a number of tries - but just an individual's number of tries - not tries for the concept. So that no matter what concept was entered in any given attempt, it gives one towards an LL count.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:08 pm
LydaLynn
-[The Spoof]-

I don't think two years works. I'm only a month out from that. In the Cool Down thread there have already been two people who say they're four years of trying and not getting a custom.

Plus, that means anyone who never tried would be considered LL as they haven't gotten a custom.

I think it needs to be a number of tries - but just an individual's number of tries - not tries for the concept. So that no matter what concept was entered in any given attempt, it gives one towards an LL count.

So turn it into a custom newbie/LL slot or something. As much as I love the idea of LL customs because I've been there at right around 2 years of trying for the same custom concept, I just don't see it being a...effective method. Either way you cut it, if they decide to implement it, I don't think the number of slots would outpace the number of people who would be hitting 'LL' at the same time. Say they decide that effective March 1st this year, you can keep track of your LL count for custom attempts of the individual, not a specific concept and that in a year or so colorists will start to have LL slots. On that note, if they said that it was not retroactive then it would be over a year before anyone even hit LL, or if it WAS retroactive, the list would already be flooded with entries as per my later comments in this post.

Anyway, Neza just had customs which were only open for 24 hours, 116 people entered into them and 10 left with a win. That's 106 people who now have 1 attempt towards their LL count. Say the next custom thread is open for a day and a half or two days and the people who missed Neza's make this one. I'll throw the number 150 out there, only 100 of which overlap with the losers from Neza's. There are 6 slots rolled, we'll take 3 out of that 100 and 3 out of the other 50. Now you have 97 people with a count of 2 and 47 + 6 from last time, so 53 people who have a LL count of 1. With the ineffectiveness of the current custom cooldown (I won a slot last March and was uberlucky and got rolled again in August; I think I missed 1 whole custom thread during the cooldown, and from that win to now I was in CD for just one custom thread) the same people can (and by virtue of luck, sometimes do) win multiple times a year, thereby taking up slots that would serve to reduce the list of people who will reach LL eventually.

I'm rambling a bit. Anyway, my point being that depending on the LL count (and if there was one I think it should be somewhere around 12-15 instead of 20 like breedings, because custom opportunities are more rare) required to get to LL and qualify for a slot like that, you will have quite a few people reaching it at the same time. Customs typically only have one (sometimes two for the common breeds or if the colorist is feeling ambitious) chance in each category, ergo if there is a list of 20-30+ (which I think is actually low-balling a little) in the hypothetical LL slot, the odds are not much better than they are in normal 'mini,common,uncommon,etc' slots. You could argue that it's still another chance you wouldn't otherwise get, but let's look at some numbers again. Say that 10 people from that original group starting this month make it to LL by...next October. Keep in mind that people miss threads, so this isn't because 80 people have gotten a custom. Likely there will be waves of people making LL every time there are customs. Anyway, the colorist will only have one, maaaaybe two LL slots in their customs. I'll go with 8 remaining after the customs are over, either with the thought that the colorist is being generous OR one of those LL people got lucky for once in normal slots, since I'm assuming LL slots would be 'in addition to' normal slots/overlap lists. So 8 people are still LL, and that thread was the last tally needed for another 8 people to get LL. Now there's a list of 16. One or two get knocked out, a few get added. There's probably some kind of terminal list size at some point, since there's only so many people in the shop, but I believe it would actually be pretty long. I just don't see LL customs being feasible unless colorists did the same thing as they do now, and knock out a bunch at a time. Personally, I would not like to see colorists doing LL ONLY customs, because presently customs are rare as it is. At least if they decide to do Mini only customs you can make the choice to pull out your mini custom form/create one, and still get to enter.

I'd rather see a custom thread like the last one where the colorist has 10 regular slots, or like I said, create a new slot which would do pretty much the same thing without the hassle of keeping track of links. Yes, it would be open to newbies, but it would also be that 'extra chance' that many seem to want after two to four years of trying.  

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:26 pm
I think LL count should still be at 20. Yes, customs are more rare, but they are more rare across the board, it means that to become LL you have to try for longer, you have to actively try, and you have to actively keep track of your tries. Does this mean there will be a lot of people making LL all at once when we finally have LL - yes, probably. Does that mean we shouldn't do it? No.

I have another thread open to discuss cool down changes - I do think cool down needs to change. You already made the point for that change. If it is all part of the same changes - cool down is increased to opportunities instead of time and LL options are given, I think it could make a difference.

No one is going to force LL slots on the colorists - it would be an option, like it is for breedings. And how they choose to approach that is up to them. But it would be nice to have the option of tracking and the occasional shot at a higher chance because someone has been actively waiting for so long. This shouldn't be for those who don't put forth the effort, but to help those who are trying. Just my two cents.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:18 pm
Personally, while I like the IDEA of LL slots. I think actually implementing them would be a pain. Custom newbie slots would be great however smile

I've been in the shop for years now and I only JUST got a custom and only because a staffer bought it for me. Never had any luck with the RNG or CC in any custom raffles.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 pm
I would be interested to know how many people are already at 20+ and 30+ LL custom attempts, just to see how big of a pool of people these potential slots would be catering to. I think 20+ would actually be quite a large number of people and 30+ might be fairly large as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 pm
It depends on if you're talking about particular custom tries, or not winning a custom in general. Not counting the custom on the way (since Idk how SC would effect that) I'm pretty sure I would be over 20. Though I'm not even sure how many customs the shop has even held since I joined.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 am
Honestly, if this were implemented, I'd suggest doing it as a 'here forward' kind of thing. With possibly a newbie custom thread to open it up - to give those who have never won a custom a chance as a way to try and help those who have been trying forever and not won anything.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff