[A] Mock Breedings Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:52 pm
Could someone on the staff explain to me what mock breedings are?

Below are some points covered in the thread so far to the question above.

What are Mock Breedings?
User ImageMock breedings can be obtained through either a normal custom or a bribe.
User ImageThe cost of a mock breeding is equal to the breed/crossbreed basket-adult plus any edits.
User ImageIn breedings, the mock bred Soquili would not be able to have their parents listed as generation because they are a first generation.
User ImageIn roleplay, mock bred Soquili can be played however the owner sees fit--that includes interaction with parents and so forth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:31 pm
Mock breedings are when you take two Soquili, show them to a colorist, and say "make me a baby!" They do not use up a breeding slot but do require a custom or bribe slot.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

RavenFyre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:54 pm
I add a question to this: Can mock breedings be done for same sex of different species in the soquili world?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:04 pm
I believe, at the moment and from what I can remember, though they are bought through custom slots, they still work like normal breedings, which mean they follow breeding rules. If it can't be done through a breeding slot, then it can't be done in a mock breeding.

So, naturally, if they can breed in a normal slot then they can breed through a mock breeding. If they can't, then they can't.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 pm
Are there limits on how many mock breedings of a couple you can do?? Just curious <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:44 pm
Faithofthefallen
Are there limits on how many mock breedings of a couple you can do?? Just curious <3
I don't believe so... but getting a slot via customs/bribes will probably be the hardest part XD hehehehe.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Ishtanballa

Romantic Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:02 pm
I have a question as well, if you do a mock breeding and win a custom slot, can you get two children made from it like you could with twins? Or no?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:02 pm
This is probably true ;3 Thank you <3  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:08 pm
Ishtanballa
I have a question as well, if you do a mock breeding and win a custom slot, can you get two children made from it like you could with twins? Or no?
I think you have to make them twins if wanted more than one from normal customs... but I could be wrong XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:45 pm
What about pricing? Would it be the going rate for a basket of certain breed/crossbreeds? And also could the mock breeding make an adult and not yield baskets?  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm
Lady Evelyn Nyht
What about pricing? Would it be the going rate for a basket of certain breed/crossbreeds? And also could the mock breeding make an adult and not yield baskets?
I am assuming pricing will depend on what breed you want.
As for getting an adult.... I believe the answer is yes, Epee bought one from Sisi. I also believe she designed him completely smile
User Image

This all said.......
I believe that mock breedings that include mutations can only be recieved through bribes or RL customs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 am
So if I said I wanted to breed wind x wind + their minor edits = 750,000 for the adult from the mock breeding?  

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:01 am
Evening Night
So if I said I wanted to breed wind x wind + their minor edits = 750,000 for the adult from the mock breeding?

Wind base: 650k (adult only) -- 850k (basket--->adult)
Minor edits: + 100k
---------------------------------------------------
750k (adult only) -- 950k (basket-->adult)

So yeah XD

*just did the working so others can see incase they are wondering or confused*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:07 am
Unless the rules have changed and I was not aware (which is possible), the breeding status of the base 'parents' is not applicable. I have had a mock breeding done with my Luca when she was maxed. The thing about mock breedings is that they cannot be treated ooc as being related to their 'parents'. I'll never be able to use Luca as a throwback for my girl. IC she is Luca's daughter, but OOC she is gen 1.

Also, you do obtain them at the price of customing that breed. They can be gotten as any other custom, at whatever stage you are willing to pay for. OOC, for all intents and purposes, it is exactly like ordering a custom. The basis for inspiration simply is two soq with permission, and you can determine the colors, patterns, nuances thereof. The trickiest part of this, of course, is if you want more than one offspring, you need to obtain two slots or a twin slot.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:09 pm
I recall that Epee has been having her mock breeding boy interact with his parents like he was one of their offspring...  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff