Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm
As Talencia said, in character, yes, a mock breeding soq is a child of the parents. They can be RP'd as the parents' child, a sibling, grand-child, ect.

However, when it comes down to a technical sense, the child will be a 1st generation soquili, like a customed child not done by a mock-breeding but by normal custom.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am
So to cover what's been said in a nice lump is as follows:

User ImageMock breedings can be obtained through either a normal custom or a bribe.
User ImageThe cost of a mock breeding is equal to the breed/crossbreed basket-adult plus any edits.
User ImageIn breedings, the mock bred Soquili would not be able to have their parents listed as generation because they are a first generation.
User ImageIn roleplay, mock bred Soquili can be played however the owner sees fit--that includes interaction with parents and so forth.

Is anything there incorrect?  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:11 am
Here's a question . . .

Can I get a 'mock breeding' sibling - ie - I have a custom soq - I would like to get a sibling for that soq but don't want to detail it and would rather have a colorist draw from the original to create something that could have come from the same breeding but isn't the same. Is it possible to do that with mock breeding?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 am
No real input here
I just wanted to say this is a really helpful thread. Thanks for bringing this up I'm sure I Will make use of all of this info later on.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am
LydaLynn
Here's a question . . .

Can I get a 'mock breeding' sibling - ie - I have a custom soq - I would like to get a sibling for that soq but don't want to detail it and would rather have a colorist draw from the original to create something that could have come from the same breeding but isn't the same. Is it possible to do that with mock breeding?

Yes, you can get a customed sibling (or parent, or offspring) of your own custom Soquili. Permission would be required if you were going to custom in a sibling/relation for someone else's Soq, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 am
Awesome - she's my custom - I just back storied her with a lost sibling [and mother - but I think the mother will have died] - so I now kind of want to get the sibling. Thank you for answering.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm
This is all great info for me because I'm wanting to eventually custom my Mutant alicorn's parents, well at least her mother anyways(but she wouldn't be a mutant i don't think...if ever I try for her father he might be and then I'd have to try for a bribe or RL slot)

Thanks everyone for asking the questions and thanks staff and everyone for adequately answering them ^_^

heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:19 pm
So to expand on this craziness and get an idea of rules for Mock Breedings, I'm adding another question. So far we know that:

User ImageMock breedings can be obtained through either a normal custom or a bribe.
User ImageThe cost of a mock breeding is equal to the breed/crossbreed basket-adult plus any edits.
User ImageIn breedings, the mock bred Soquili would not be able to have their parents listed as generation because they are a first generation.
User ImageIn roleplay, mock bred Soquili can be played however the owner sees fit--that includes interaction with parents and so forth.

Since the parents cannot be listed as generations because they are first generation, does the rule of no incest still apply? Or would this still be under the mock bred Soquili can be played however the owner sees fit? I know, gross, but I felt this needed to be addressed before too many start popping up.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm
lilmissy4205

User ImageIn roleplay, mock bred Soquili can be played however the owner sees fit--that includes interaction with parents and so forth

These are all good points, and we've agreed on a couple other notes.

"They could still RP a customed kid as being born from a surrogate mother, but the spirits blessed it to look like a combination of the two fathers," or, they could consider it something of a 'spirit given gift', like they found a basket gifted to them from the spirits.

About the incest - no ic rped siblings can breed with these cases at all - we all agreed that although they are not blood related in any way, it would still be morally wrong to consider them a couple in any way, and have agreed that this will still be denied.

So this is our final answer c:.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:37 pm
Nerpin

Thank you. I wanted to make sure this was cleared up before anything could possibly creep up in future RPs.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas