What do you do if [!!!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:29 am
Someone you know [ ex-boyfriend ] is going to kill themselves and you have no way of contacting them at all?

'Cause that's what my ex is doing.
I don't know why.
I can't say I really care about him, as he keeps doing stupid s**t,
but I do care for human life.
He is just going to waste his, and it's stupid.
Nobody needs to die, just because they think their life sucks.

This is the message he sent me:
Quote:
i hope you can forget about me...im at the end of my road and i give up...so i doubt you'll ever hear from me ever again...im sorry to do this but i feel like i should give someone as close as you were a few words before im gone...i think ive hidden alot of things even from you cause i hid them from myself as well. i just cant feel happy anymore and its because theres nothing to hide the secrets behind anymore...ive done some shity things to you and others and now i cant cope with it so im going to put it all to an end...good bye genean and im sorry...

And this is his profile.

For the record, he didn't do shitty things to me.

So what do I do?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:43 am
[~+~]

Do you know any details of his (e.g. his full name and/or where abouts he lives) that may lead you to contact information? Or anyone else on here that are friends with him IRL.

The problem is, as i'm gathering, you haven't met him in real life.
The internet is the internet.
I'm not saying he's lying.
But i'm not saying that he's telling the truth either.
It's very difficult to judge. The only thing i can think of is to PM him, and see if you can investigate to find out anything else. D;

-edits-
From looking at his profile...
I don't mean to sound really harsh or out of line, but generally, someone who is serious about that wouldn't put anything like their account is closed because they've gone and killed themselves.
I don't know. D;
This is a hard one really.

User Image

Empty Spiral

tiannaaaa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:02 am
User Image
User Image
That's Terrible. ♥
Sometimes You Never Know For Sure, Some People May Say Something Then They Never Do It. And Looking At His Profile When He Stated "...ACCOUNT CLOSED..", It Doesnt Sound Like He's Serious. (:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am
You should never assume that he will do it or not (I read that in my psychology book)
I think what you should do is just make contact to the guy and I think he shouldnt kill himself because once its done, its done..... he has so much more to live for.
I hope he doesnt kill himself even if his life is bad, it'll always get better. ^^  

twistedmx

Tolora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:51 am
...He's online!

Try PM'ing him, ask him to just talk it out with you and tell him that you'll help in anyway possible, even if you can't help that much.

edit: well he WAS online like a minute ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:04 pm
If irl: call the suicide hotline.
Talk to his family and friends.
Don't try to handle the situation alone. That never works out well.
If you have to, call the cops or a youth detention agency.
It is illegal to attempt suicide.

If the internet: I'm sorry? =/
But he's probably venting and doesn't really mean it.
Just try talking to him.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Aularen has quit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:33 am
From what I see, he's online he was online. And from his profile, it doesn't sound serious, but I wouldn't take my chances. If it were me, I'd talk to him until he responded and hopefully talk him out of killing himself. After all, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Maybe suggest that he go see someone, like a therapist or someone along those lines?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 am

I'm sorry you have to go through that, Gen. I'm sure he'll come to his senses.
I'm really not sure what advice to give you other than to be there for him. He definitely needs a friend right now. And from knowing you, I know you'll be a good friend to him. 3nodding

He will need to come to terms with his issues/problems, and accept them before he can become happy again. I've been there, being adopted and all.

Dark Mistress Rissa

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 pm
Yeah, he was online, and he PM'd me that he just couldn't do it, but he still wanted to.
I was telling him stuff like that,
but not being... I guess "soft" about it. Just outright, bluntly telling him those things. He hasn't responded to that,
but he did say before
Quote:
...im sorry i just hate how ive become an attention whore and now that i feel rejected from everyone but my last few friends i hate feeling like this but i just dont see anything good about myself or anything i do...all ive become is a liability but no one wants to addmit it...

I hope he is just being an attention whore about this.
I'm just so worried, because almost three years ago before we got together he was in the same situation, except he didn't tell me about it. He almost did, but kept talking to me in general, and then we got together.
And I know his full name, and I think he had to move to Michigan for some reason.

And about his profile, yeah, that kind of made me feel weird too, "Account Closed",
but he's taken all of his friends off of his friends list,
and deleted all of his comments [ or hid them? I dunno, mine showed up fine ].

I'm just worried.
I guess the worst thing is that I can imagine everything.
Him ending it in any way,
when I can't do that for anybody else.
Not even myself, or somebody I've known for longer,
or another exboyfriend, or anybody. It sucks, because those images are probably going to haunt me until this blows over.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games