[A] Requesting breed variants in breedings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 pm
I have a question regarding breed variants in breedings! For the most part I love all the new breed templates available... but there are a few of the new ones that I'm not as fond of. I've noticed that sometimes colorists use different version of breed features than the ones seen in the parents. I was wondering if it would be legit for me to ask that a colorist please not use a certain set of wings or whatnot.

There's just one set of wings that I don't like too much and I'm a little afraid it will pop up in my breedings.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:52 pm
I'm curious about the answer to that as well.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 pm

I was told a bit ago, that you can request certain sets in your form.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:19 pm
As it currently stands, if you say "yes" to throwbacks in a breeding, then colorists can use alternate templates from that same breed.

IE, if there's an unedited breeding, you can use different hair templates that neither of the parents have, or you can use one of the alternate wing poses from the same breed. I don't think you could do something as drastic as, say, using the cat-o-nine tail kalona tail in place of the demon tail, but you COULD use demon tail 2 instead of demon tail 1.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 pm
Sabin Duvert
As it currently stands, if you say "yes" to throwbacks in a breeding, then colorists can use alternate templates from that same breed.

IE, if there's an unedited breeding, you can use different hair templates that neither of the parents have, or you can use one of the alternate wing poses from the same breed. I don't think you could do something as drastic as, say, using the cat-o-nine tail kalona tail in place of the demon tail, but you COULD use demon tail 2 instead of demon tail 1.

Oooooooh... ok! So if you say no throwbacks then the colorist will absolutely never switch templates on you?

And can you request throwbacks but ask a "but please don't switch the wings to wing template X", or are you not allowed to specify?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 pm
From what I was told, if you don't want to take the chance of the other templates you have to say N to throwbacks.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:54 am
Kamiki is correct, though most colorists will honor your wishes if you put it down politely. It's not extra work for us, and we do want you guys to be happy. 8>  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:13 am
I, for one, am chill with people request certain things to not be used in throwbacks, within reason. As long as it's requested politely. <3  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:41 am
Could the same be done with, like, (unedited) hairstyles and such then?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:02 am
Thanks, Fel and Bee! biggrin

I'll just make a note in my breedings from now on!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:52 pm
Kamiki
Could the same be done with, like, (unedited) hairstyles and such then?

If there's something you really hate (like, hairstyle X) I don't see why you can't make a note of it when entering; be aware though if we see people doing ridiculous lists of "I want this trait but not that trait, and throwbacks from this side but not that one" the whole thing's likely to be kaiboshed.

So please don't abuse it. It's not acceptable to request specific features for a breeding - that's up the the colorist if they feel like including them or not.

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games