Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm Having Issues With this Guy at My School

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Please add a poll to every thread!
  Thanks.
View Results

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:24 pm
There's this guy at my school who I've liked since 7th grade(I'm in 9th grade now. My school is a middle school connected to a high school). My friend likes him too. She swears she gonna marry him one day. She doesn't know that I like him. She says that he said that he likes her too. The thing is that she found out that he likes another girl too. When she found this out she started acting cold and distant to me. She would(and still does) cut me off in my conversations and constantly ignore me. She even talked behind my back. I've known the guy longer than she has. Me and him met up at a concert of our favorite band and hung out the rest of the time at the concert. He made two cds for me with songs of our favorite band on them. He let me win at a go kart race at my b-day party. He went out his way to help me when I couldn't turn in my book report online. He tried to help me find the log in for our class. When we couldn't find it he texted the teacher and told her about it. He then got worried when he found out that I wouldn't be getting a grade for my book report, because I couldn't turn it in. He got a sad look on his face when I told him about the other guy I like(I like the guy I've been talking about more). My mom also swears he has a thing for me. Help? I don't know what to think. I don't want to be wrong about this.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm
I think you should talk to your friend first, tell her that you like him a lot, and that you know how she feels about him. Also point out that while you wanted to tell her first, as the two for them are not dating that you do plan on telling him.

I do think you should tell him, if you have had these feelings for so long then it would help to tell him. Nothing might come of it, or something might, you don't know unless you tell him.

And i think if you explain how long you've liked him and how you feel your friend should understand.  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:07 am
First of all, I'll sound like an a** for saying this, but please add a poll to your thread, it's a rule of the guild.

To your problem, I'll agree with U.H.C., speak to your friend first and try to resolve her being cold towards you. If you're calm and mature about it, there's no reason why you two shouldn't be able to work through this. I'd deal with that first though, in my opinion, your friends are more important than a love interest, even when they're not acting the best.
Then talk to the guy, I wouldn't ask him outright though. If you honestly think he likes you, ask him to go see a movie with you or something. You can gauge wether or not he likes you back by his reponse. Good luck with it, let us know how it goes smile

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm
I think what you should do depends entirely on the extent of your relationship between your friend and you and the guy and you.

I definitely think you have to talk to your friend, but with what I've seen of high school girls, most teenage girls aren't going to be fine with their friend going out with the guy they like even if the other girl liked him before she did. Going out with him could danger your friendship. If she doesn't mean that much to you as the opportunity to go out with the guy, then go ahead. If you don't want to ruin a friendship over this specific guy, then you might just want to pass him up.
It all depends on your priorities.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm
To be honest everyone else's advice is probably a lot bettter than mine, but I think you should just do whatever feels right.
Flipping it back, & forth in your head 's just gonna make it more complicated a situation than it already is.
And letting the situation get too complicated's a good way to end up hurt, or hurting someone.
Or kicked in the shin, & pushed down some stairs.

But seriously talk to the dude, you can't go wrong being honest.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:23 pm
I thank you all for the advice you gave me! Sadly enough it turns out he only likes me as a friend. gonk I told him that I like him and that's what he told me.  

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 am
If you liked two guys, one more than this one, why is it so bad if he's not romantically interested in you? If anything, that could salvage your friendship with this petty, jealous girl. Tell your friend she's more important to you than dating some guy, because friendship is stronger in the long run. She doesn't have to know you asked the guy out. She could think you rejected him out of respect for her.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games