Maybe this...?
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:10 am
I was wondering if anyone though that it would be nice to change the 2 month wait period for customs. Hear me out <3;

I was thinking on still keeping it two months (per soq, so if you got twins, it would be 4 months), but two months that the customs are actually open.

Example:
Say a person wins a custom in January. There are no customs in February or March, but then April and May (two months) have customs open. After those two months with customs open, then the person could try for another custom.

I know that the wait is longer than the actual two months, but then I'm thinking of people who win a custom, have a two month wait period that there are no customs open, and then customs open again and they're able to try. There are quite a few people wanting customs and I feel like this way would help spread the custom-ness (*shot for weird word xD*).

Keeping track wouldn't be too hard, I don't think. There's already a list of people who have breedings each month, so it would be a similar list; it would just be checking which months customs were open (even if it is one colorist, it would count as open).

I thought of posting this when i read in another thread that someone (i think fel) posted that senior colorists are on a rotation between what they're supposed to color. (customs, breeding, and something else, i think).

Edit; Ideas are changing XD gimme time to update before people post again o3o;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:44 am
I believe the wait for twins is already 4 months smile
Even if you only own one of them.

As for the idea of waiting two months of slots to get customs.... while in theory it sounds good I can see mistakes being made, people trying to cheat the system and generally a giant mess.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 am
Also, If you're against this, I'd kinda like to know why o: <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 am
I voted against it due to similar reasons as Sya. I think that it would be an overcomplication. Likely, there will be a lot fewer months with no customs available once the new colorists start moving up in ranks, too.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 am
Though I understand how it could be a mess, I don't think it would he hard to keep track of o_O;

Custom threads for the month are pretty much always in the customs areas. If they were kept in one sticky like breedings are, then why are breedings not messy?

Example:
January
Custom Slot Winners
- Person A
- Person B
- Person C

April Slot Winners
- Person D
- Person E
- Person F

May Slot Winners
- Person G
- Person H
- Person I

*Note ;; Winners of Slots in January are now able to try after May*

June Slot Winners
- (ETC)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:30 am
Revolutionary Roniel
I voted against it due to similar reasons as Sya. I think that it would be an overcomplication. Likely, there will be a lot fewer months with no customs available once the new colorists start moving up in ranks, too.

*should of replied to everything in one post* XD;;

Um~ Well, if you think about it, even if there are fewer months that would not have customs, doesn't mean there won't be some months with no customs o_o; Even with colorists moving up in rank doesn't mean that they're not still following their rotation...

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 am
The breeding list is different... I can see your point but with the breedings the people are added, in the title of the quote it says the month they won and the month they can try again and when that month arrives that quoted section is simply deleted. This would require more thinking... whoever is in charge of it -and you would need someone to be- would have to look through the forum see when there wasn't one and adjust as needed... which is fine as long as the person is active. The problems with that method arise when there is a lapse in either recording of award slots or moving/deleting/checking when there are slots... the difference with breedings is that even if this occurs the person can clearly see (as its stated next to the month they won) when they can breed again, so even if the lists haven't been updated or cleared for a while there is no confusion.
*isn't trying to be a pain or annoying just trying to see the issue from all angles*

And like Ron says hopefully more customs will be avialable soon. Customs are hard to come by for everyone smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:48 am
I know XD; The breeding list is much more straightforward, but I'm pretty sure the colorists update who has won what in the breeding thread each time they're rolled, right? It would be the same thing for a customs list o_O;

Even though the list won't be as 'straight forward', but if the colorists update each month that they have slots open with the winners, and the people just used the list to look how many months have passed by, I don't think that's hard.

It's also possible to hire another 'list helper', which I think there's one for like the owners list and such anyways?

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 pm
Suggestions about hiring staff or helped to do other things have been shut down in the past so no I don't think that will be possible either. From what I hear the staff meetings are already near impossible to organise and adding more just causes more chaos.

I can see what you're saying, but there can still be mistakes... even if colourists update the list that doesn't take much extra work... just copy and paste the winners, but you're asking them to then decide who is then eligible to try again next time and stuff.. which although simple ends up adding more complications since it would be placing more work on the colourist. Ok, so a few minutes to scan and see when the last customs where starts may not seem like a lot... but what about threads that start in Nov but actually count for Dec? May not be obvious at first glance and would need more investigation by clicking the thread, which leads to each being clicked, checked and double checked to ensure no mistakes.

It really does just seem to spell trouble... o.O

Anyways, thats me done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 pm
Then don't hire? XD; You could always re-use people for more things c; <3

Well my question would be, what is there to 'decide' exactly? I mean, if the person got a custom, they'd have to wait 2 months. What would the colorist have to think of? You could also delete the list of the people that don't have to wait anymore o_o;

If the thread was in November but if it counted for December, it would say so in the title "December Customs" not "November Customs". If the colorists updated it, then they would know where it belongs.

Rofl. I probably find this easy because, as long as it's check regularly, I don't feel like it would be hard to upkeep...

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 pm
You are asking for people to have MORE work.. XD they already work damn hard. I just fear that adding more to their workload... making lists, checking months, working out if its been two months of slots (despite the fact that one month may have only had one slot and the following several). Errors in lists happen all the time, especially with how popular soquili is and I really do fear it will just spell disaster by complicating matters.

Not all the custom threads have the month listed in the title.

*huggles*
I really can see your point of view, and yeah at first glance I would say it would be easy too... but just like people suggesting 'we should be able to assign our rolled stats to the catagories we want them in' things are usually more complicated than we think. We have to remember that colourist/staff have lives out of gaia and have better things to do than check and recheck things and make lists... remembering to move X---Y and Z---G or whatever everytime they open a slot of X Y or Z.

In the end of the day... I guess it comes down to the following:
What would you rather the colourists did.... make lists or work on pets?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:46 pm
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a colorist going " SCREW YOU PEOPLE! D: I'M NOT COLORING THIS MONTH" XD;; They do deserve a break, and if they had list, they could rotate who colored each month and who worked on lists (so yeah, dual jobs, but not overworking).

Like: *point* you're off coloring duty this month. you're helping with blahblahblah, Etc. I mean, the could still color, but not having any pressure on them (picking 1 couple off the MCCL for breedings, etc.).

It would also help colorist burn out, but that's only if the staff would be up to it~

Just a note, coloring pets and keeping things organized come as one. Neither is more important, in my opinion. Even though people want more pets dished out, doesn't mean that they should be rushed out.

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 pm
Two months is a nice easy measure. You start getting onto 'but there were no customs during those month' you then have to figure that some months people might be missing four or five custom opportunities - while other months they'd only miss one opportunity. How is saying 'but you didn't miss any customs so you have to wait' fair when there's a person who missed eight during his/her two month period and someone else only missed two custom opportunities.

You start nit-picking and the whole thing only gets more complicated. The two month wait is fine. It gives a cool off time - it's not the fault of the person who won that other people weren't able to enter in that time either because there weren't customs.

The system works as it is, let's not pile on more headaches for everyone in making a change that isn't any more fair, and might be less fair, than what is already in place.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:07 pm
How about those that wait two months and don't miss anything at all? That is the main reason why I am suggesting this because I feel like those custom winners didn't really miss anything. Just because they are unable to try for an XX amount of slots doesn't mean they hadn't won a slot at all. That can still happen for continuous months. What if they won a custom earlier in the month and then 8 other colorists open up their slots? They still can't win those, so what difference does that make?

If there was nothing happening in some month, what cool down is there, really? I just noticed just recently in Rapid's customs that a person that won in October just won again for December. (Btw... Isn't that only a 1 month wait?) There were no custom slots in November. What did they 'cool down' from if there was no action in the first place...

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 pm
Oh the side... There's kind of a conflict of information

For breeding

Quote:
• Soquili must wait two months between breedings
If your Soq wins a breeding raffle slot in January, they can't be entered into another breeding until April. This applies regardless of partner; any Soquili who has successfully bred must wait two months. Owners are welcome to enter other pairs who have not won a breeding slot. After two months have passed Soquili are free to enter for breeding slots again regardless of the growth stage of previous offspring.

For customs
Quote:
• Updated Customers can only get one custom equine every two month & one custom Familiar every month
Equine - any Soquili pet that is not a familiar. Ex: If you win a custom soquili slot in January, you cannot enter custom slots again until March. This includes co-ownership as well - so if you co-own a custom Soquili, both owners cannot order a custom for two months. RL customs and Bribes are excluded from this restriction. The two month wait applies to the month you win the custom in and the next month, regardless of when your custom is actually delivered.

The two month rule is kinda... Confusing o3o;

Soo~ I have just been informed that the two month custom thing is only really comparable to 60 days after you won your first slot...

Now i'm editing to want to make it the same cool down period for breedings... (meaning 2 months in between).  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff