Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Questing Slot - READ BEFORE POSTING PLEASE.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm
I know this was already suggested but I don't think it was really discussed equally. Please hear me out.
I think that the people who use the questing subforum work really hard to get their soq. So I think rewarding people who quest with a slot is a really good idea. If they work hard; they deserve it.

While discussing this with a friend; an issue came up where she said that anyone could just start a quest thread and then go for the slot without really questing it.

So my suggestion is this; make the quest slot have requirements. For example; your thread must have been open for at least one month with like weekly updates etc'.
^ Just a suggestion.

Also; in the other thread I noticed people had issues with other people stealing their ideas. So I think that just have a quest saying you're questing for a certain soq (you don't have to put the form/idea) will be enough.

Maybe if they just set up a thread in the questing charity/what have you; that would be fine as well.

In my honest opinion; if you really, really want to quest something you should put up a thread so that people notice you and hopefully give you a hand. It shows that you're working hard for something and you're deserving of it.

The slot could also be like a once every x ammount of time thing, too, so that it doesn't get abused.

I know there is a newbie slot but what if you won all your Soqs and you want to get a cosplay/OC/whatever; if you work hard you should definately be given some kind of 'reward' < i use that term loosely because there's no definate chance of winning.

But yes; I think if it's really thought through it could help people who are questing get their dream Soq. I don't think it'd be that hard to organise really. And when you think about it; with every suggestion there's always going to be at least one person whose toes will be stepped on. D:

Um yes. *hides*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:03 pm
Issues:
People can edit their old threads to make it appear as if they have actually been questing a long time.

Just because you don't have a thread DOESN'T mean you aren't working as equally hard as someone who has a thread, some just don't want the hastle of keeping one up to date on top of teepees and such -in fact I have seen people with quests in their teepees. How would dates be tracked? If someone wasn't being honest about it. The only way I can see for tracking dates officially is when someone posts the form in a custom thread attempting to get a slot..... and by then they should already have the funds so its more a slot obtaining rather than a quest.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:30 pm
I mentioned this in the other thread, but there are those people who have been questing for ages - just not publically. And you can't punish them just for not questing specifically in a public forum. My own quest thread is incredibly old and outdated, but that doesn't mean I've given up on it; it just means that I am keeping my quests elsewhere, whether in my own personal guild, on a notepad, in a test thread, etc.

Like Sya said, just because you don't have a public quest thread doesn't mean you don't want it. I've been working very hard to achieve my own quests, but I prefer to do it quietly and without the hassle of an open quest thread. It's not the same in all situations, obviously, but I can't honestly see this as being very fair. It's a good idea in theory, just not in practice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:33 pm
Just because you don't post publicly or keep up a thread doesn't mean you don't quest just as hard as everyone else.

Some people think quest threads are tacky... like you're begging or something.

Some people just don't like adverting their concepts in fear of concept theft.

The point is... quest threads are mainly for PERSONAL USE. But you shouldn't get a perk or extra advantage just because you choose to keep a quest thread or not.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:44 pm
I really only have quest threads just to have a place to hold my forms. I try to keep the thing updated often at first but eh. I forget easy. But my luck with computers suck so I make quest threads just so I have a place to save my forms in case my computer dies. Then it's less work for me to do to have to keep remaking forms. -is lazy-

I fail at keeping things updated, be it quest threads, or teepees. Heck I only keep my siggeh updated because I look at it almost every day. I'm a busy person and I don't want to lose out on things just because I don't have my quest thread reguraly updated when it's simply a storage place for my forms. But just because I don't update my thread, doesn't mean I don't quest just as hard as someone that does keep a thread up to date.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:47 pm

I have to agree that I only use a quest thread as a storage for my forms.

Otherwise, I totally agree with Kamiki on feeling tacky, like your begging as well as fear of people stealing my concepts. Especially since someone has already stolen a concept of mine before.

Ktns

Lunatic

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:00 am
I've tried for my current concept over 20 times, (an unedited Cerynei) but the concept isn't in my quest threads as a) I have the funds necessary & b) I don't see the point, I have the form filled out and saved in a txt doc. and so I just copy and paste that whenever slots are opened.

By your logic though I haven't worked hard to get the Soquili, even though I've been trying to land a slot for her since last year. Just because I don't have in her my quest thread.

And there are many other people who I am sure are just the same as me, trying over and over for a specific custom but that don't have a quest thread, or have simply not put their current wanted one in said thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:08 am
I have an extremely outdated quest thread. I updated it for a little while, but then just let it go. I have all my quests saved on my computer, and all the funds/means I need to get them. A quest thread is absolutely pointless to me. =/

I can see no fair way for a quest thread slot to work, because everyone quests differently, and you can't reward one set, and not another.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Dixie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:35 am
Just a thought on this. Using the quest thread would be too hard to track considering that, like mentioned, people can update posts but it won't change the date. I update mine when I get a new idea I really want, but it still says it was created years ago.

If something like this were to come to fruition, I think it would be easier done like the LL breeding attempts. Owners should be responsible for tracking the URL of attempts made for a particular soquili. Once they've tried 20 (?) times to get that particular custom, they could be moved to a LL Custom slot or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 am
I find the concept of a "questing" slot rather puzzling myself - isn't everyone who's going for a custom, by definition, questing for it?

Unless you mean before they've gathered funds, at which point they wouldn't be able to get their custom yet. sweatdrop  

Felmino

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff