88%  [ 16 ]
Good idea :)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Pink Pandah Bear

Sparkly Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm
I was just thinking before about the current breeding slots being available, and I know there is a lot of slots going around already but I just had a thought. (Sorry if this has come up already)

Just say there was a raffle with maybe, 2 Unedited slots, 2 Low Luck slots, 2 RP and 1 Open.
What about the couples that only fall into the Open category? Since every couple that enter go into that which is usually 150+, it seems less likely to even have a good chance of winning that Open slot, yet other couples that do fall into those categories get more shots at it.

I don't really know what to suggest to help, possibly Edited slots. You could even just enter one category and not have a slot that enters every couple into it, but have one that enters everyone else who doesn't fall into one? I don't know. xD There was probably no point to doing this thread anyways, but yeah! <3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm
I prefer it when LL couples and RP couples get rolled more. Yes it leaves less chances for my own couples, BUT those other couples have obviously worked harder at trying, or worked longer. Also, unedited soquili can be created a bit faster then edited ones can. It really just depends on the colorist and what they're looking for and willing to do. Sometimes they do roll separate slots for edited. I figure that if I don't win a breeding, it's just one step closer to that LL slot and when I get there I hope I get more chances like everyone else has.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 pm
Um.. I think there are no 'edited' slots because of the details some of the edited soquili have, meaning they take up -a lot- more work. it's understandable that it sucks they're only in the open, but i'm pretty sure it's possible to get them into RP slots as well (:

so i'd have to disagree with this x.x  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:53 pm
Well, I'm sure things will balance out somehow. :3

But yeah... I do think those with LL and RP's should have double priority. LL obviously has been trying a long time and deserves extra help; and people who take time to think up rich plots and rp them out... they deserve it too.

i mean... if all someone is doing (like i have as of late) is just entering open raffles and not taking the extra step to try and get their soq to qualify for more slots.. then that's on the owner and not the shop.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm
The reason for the other slots is to motivate people to Rp and lifemate, etc. Flings are great, but there are so many Soq, there really arent many more slots they CAN fit in.
Doesnt seem fair those that have LL pairs or RPed pairs, get rolled the exact same, or less, than people who just throw two Soquili together and go, OH BABIES. [Which this isnt a jab, as Im guilty of a few thrown together pairs for pretty babies myself<3]  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:01 pm
True, and they do deserve to get more of a chance. (:

I was just thinking because it could be a way of minimizing LL couples too, because it would take longer for a couple that don't qualify into those slots to actually win one? But, yeah. I get that RP are more important, and I fully agree that LL is too. S'okay<3333

Pink Pandah Bear

Sparkly Bloodsucker

Parue

Tricky Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 pm
Pink Pandah Bear
True, and they do deserve to get more of a chance. (:

I was just thinking because it could be a way of minimizing LL couples too, because it would take longer for a couple that don't qualify into those slots to actually win one? But, yeah. I get that RP are more important, and I fully agree that LL is too. S'okay<3333

I thought the point of a LL was a minimalized version of the open listing? It seems kind of silly to be finding a way to minimalize the minimalized list. XD

I mean, if you think about it, people open a ton of other sorts of slots, not just the LL and the RP. There are unedited only, newbie owners, mini's, colorist choice, Year-long LL (for those that are really unlucky). Mixers and the like as well, though those don't really count towards the LL slots. They can only do so much without starting to cater to specific people. ( at least, that last part is my opinion. )  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 am
Low Luck is (to my knowledge) never segregated further so any couple who are dedicated to entering will eventually get picked up.

There are no "Edited" slots generally because you never know what you're going to get with them - it could be a simple pair with just a few edits, or a OMGWTFBBQ pairing where you can't find the horse under all the edit flotsam. >_>; That's why colorists steer away from having more than a couple Open slots.

If your couple only qualifies for the Open, you'll either have to settle for lower chances or take measures to improve them yourself, such as getting the couple RP qualified/entering consistently to get LL status, etc.

Breedings are very low cost for what you get out of them, and thus in high demand - slots are structured to favor customers who put forth the extra effort. wink

Soquili

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:11 am
I like the slots as they are.

But I think it's great to bring up more options. I remember seeing LL RP a couple times too.

I have editted pairs and I agree with not having as much "Editted" slots - they are sometimes a LOT of work for the colorists and if they really want to do an editted, they can pick from the CC list, too smile

However, I think it's the colorists' decision. If they want an edited slot, all the power to them <3

And if all I can enter is for one "Open" slot, then I am happy (yes, sometimes I feel rather pathetic) because some raffles I cannot enter at all because they are pretty restrictive to gear towards LL/RP/etc. I am ok with that, even though I have lots of plots on backlog for breedings (hello filler RP plots smile )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 am
Just one consideration to further this. Almost every raffle has at least one open slot. The other slots that a colorist works in changes from raffle to raffle -it might be RP, it might be Low Luck, it might be unedited, but there have only been a VERY few raffle where there hasn't been an open slot. Therefore, when you add them all up, you probably have at least as many open slots being offered as any other kind of slot.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 am
Buffy_the_Bloody
The reason for the other slots is to motivate people to Rp and lifemate, etc. Flings are great, but there are so many Soq, there really arent many more slots they CAN fit in.
Doesnt seem fair those that have LL pairs or RPed pairs, get rolled the exact same, or less, than people who just throw two Soquili together and go, OH BABIES. [Which this isnt a jab, as Im guilty of a few thrown together pairs for pretty babies myself<3]
My Kalona flinged couple was RP qualified! XD I tend to aim for most if not all of my couples to be RP qualified. Hehehe. *nodnod*

But yeah like Buffy says they are to encourage people to give their pets the best chance or just suffer along until they are LL.

So yeah.... I don't think they need changing.
Even with my pets being RP qualified they have never won a slot that way, in the end of the day the competition for slots is rough for everyone smile you just got to hang in there and keep trying. One of my currently trying couples is only two links away from LL for example smile

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games