So...this is a one shot I wrote about the Gallagher Girl Series. You don't really have to know the books to get it, all you really need to understand is that, Rachel, Matt, and Joe Solomon are Spies. So yeah. Please tell me what you think. Thank you. smile ~Linda~

I kept glancing at the door, anxiously awaiting Matt's return. Cammie was in the living room watching the show Totally Spies. Ironic, huh? I noticed she kept glancing at the door as well, she knew her dad was supposed to have been home yesterday. I looked at the clock, it was 6:00pm. I figured Cammie would be hungry by now, so I asked her.

"Cammie, are you hungry?"

"Not for anything you're cooking," she said. I laughed a little; everyone knows I'm a horrible cook.

"How about we order a pizza?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady, and void of the fear I was feeling. But off-course I'm a spy, hiding and lying are what we do best.

"Sure mom," Cammie said glancing at the door again.

"Ok, I'll order it, the usual?"

"Yeah," she said. I went into the kitchen to grab the phone, I dialed the number, placed my order, and right as I hung up the doorbell rang. At the sound of the bell, a terrible feeling of fear filled my heart. "No," I whispered. I calmly walked out of the kitchen to find that Cammie had gotten the door, it as Joe Solomon, Matt's best friend. My heart skipped a beat.

"Hello Rachel," he said. His voice was calm.

"Solomon." I said my voice equally as calm, though my heart pounded in my ears.

"Cameron, may I have a word with your mother alone, please?" Solomon asked. She looked at me as if to ask if it was all right, I nodded, and she went to her room. We stood in silence, the only sound being the show Cammie was watching.

"Matt…" I trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence. I looked Solomon in the eyes, begging myself not to cry.

"I'm sorry Rachel, he's not coming home," he said, his voice broke on the word home. My heart seemed to slow to a stop as he said it. He watched me as my hand covered my mouth.

"No...," I said as tears slid down my cheeks. My world was falling apart.

"I'm sorry, Rachel, I really am," Solomon said. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug. Matt's oldest and closest friend. I knew that this broke his heart as much as it did mine. It was then that I remembered Cammie. I had to tell her daddy wasn't coming home. I pulled away from him. "What?" He asked.

"I have to tell Cammie," I said. I could hear the roughness of my voice from the crying.

"Right," he said. He looked as if he were getting ready to leave.

"Don't go," I said. He sat down and winked at me. I walked over to Cammie's room and knocked on the door. "Hey, Cammie, sweetie, I need to talk to you about something," I said as I knocked.

"Come in mom," she said. I opened the door to find her sitting on her bed, reading a book.

"Hey sweetie," I said, sitting on her bed across from her. "I have to tell you something about daddy." I kept my voice calm, all my years of training and working in this field helping me.

"He's not coming home, is he?" she said closing her book.

I shook my head, and pulled her into a hug as she started to cry. The doorbell rang. I heard Solomon answer it, he paid for the pizza. I wiped away Cammie's tears and kissed her forehead. "Come one sweetie, let's go eat," I said. She nodded and stood up. She followed me out to the dining room. I went into the kitchen and grabbed three plates. The three of us, Cammie, Solomon, and I, started to eat. I watched Cammie. I knew she would be starting Gallagher Academy soon, and I had received an offer to come be the headmistress. At that moment, I decided that I would accept their offer. I was going home.