[Q] Roleplay dos and don'ts. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:33 am
I went over the RP guidebook and it states that rape is just a flat NO, yet skinwalkers (cursed and pure) can't technically breed unless it is through rape or OOC. Wouldn't it be prudent and fair if the rape situation had the same pg-13 restriction as everything else has? Or is this another one of those rainbows and kittens idea to keep everything happy?

If the concern is people who frequently just skim over roleplays would come across something offensive, the solution would be to enforce RPers to place a disclaimer in their first post just like movies, games, and music does to shield the younger/softer individual.

Warning: Please do not flame this question just because you are completely against this sort of roleplay plot idea. Rape is no joke, but neither is someone being honest about points not really matching up. So think before you start typing up about how horrible people who RP rape and how wrong this kind of plot idea is because you do NOT know what the other person has experienced in their life.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:08 am
It's just one of those things that is not meant to be RPed. We all know how skinwalkers breed it doesn't need to be mentioned in actual RPs.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 am
Then does that mean that skinwalkers would never be allowed a chance for the RP slots in breedings because you just can't have that kind of roleplay?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:01 am
The actual act of mating isn't depicted in any RP's, consensual or otherwise - this is not a Soquili rule, it's a Gaia Online Rule, and one we cannot bend or break. See the Gaia RP rules here

I don't see that it'd be necessary or preclude them from obtaining RP qualification. Allowances are made for Kalonas/SW's who cannot express the usual "love/affection" relationship.

Felmino

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:14 am
I imagine the Soq rule is a result of this Gaia rule:

The Admin
Gaia-Appropriate Content in Detail
Romance

Roleplays that revolve around two or more characters meeting and falling in love are perfectly safe on Gaia. However, certain romantic interactions and themes are not considered appropriate and may result in a warning for those involved. Roleplay threads based heavily on sexual themes or fetishes, such as cybering, rape or bondage, will be removed from the forums, and participants in the violating content will receive appropriate penalties against their account.

So, though theoretically yes, that's what would happen, Soq are trying to avoid having problems with Admins for the players/owners and the shop. Because even more than the 'Keep it PG-13' and the 'no mating depicted' - Rape rps have been specifically mentioned as not okay.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:15 am
Okay. I was a little concerned about the explanation on this. So you could technically have everything leading up to said sexual parts and then just do the whole Scooby-Doo timewarp?

-edit-
And yes, I'd already figured that was the reasoning for the rule, but whenever this topic has been approached, many people get quickly offended and arguments ensue to where the person who wanted to know the clear cut depth they can go has more often than not been chased out of the shop.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 am
Felmino
The actual act of mating isn't depicted in any RP's, consensual or otherwise - this is not a Soquili rule, it's a Gaia Online Rule, and one we cannot bend or break. See the Gaia RP rules here

I don't see that it'd be necessary or preclude them from obtaining RP qualification. Allowances are made for Kalonas/SW's who cannot express the usual "love/affection" relationship.

I have a question about this actually. What level of...."fondness" must a skinwalker show to breed? Obviously, it's easier if they're both pures or both cursed since they are equals, but what about a skinwalker breeding with a not skinwalker?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:21 am
Nyx Queen of Darkness

I have a question about this actually. What level of...."fondness" must a skinwalker show to breed? Obviously, it's easier if they're both pures or both cursed since they are equals, but what about a skinwalker breeding with a not skinwalker?
My pure SW Kimi is only going to breed with Dardanos because she wants to destroy the Miakoda herd and since her and Nos's attack on the herd failed they have come up with a plan that if they have kids and try again they will slaughter every last one. So more of a common goal than an actual liking.... that said this does no justice to the RP/plot! XD *ish crap at summing things up* hehehe.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:39 am
For the rape thing.... I thought that it had been absolutely unavailable even as a plot device for a while now. This is what I found in the RP subforum information:

"Rape is an absolute No
Not overtly, not implied, not in roleplay - non-consentual pairings are not allowed. "

It could be that it's outdated info... but yeah... I thought that you weren't even allowed to have a nonconsentual pairing, even for skinwalkers.

*head scratches*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:41 am
Wait... and I think I confused myself. I reread the post and it looks like you're asking if the rule can be changed, not about the definition of the rule... right?

XD Sorry... I'm a bit out of it today.

I do agree that it somewhat limits skinwalkers, though.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:52 pm
Sya: Okay, that makes sense, I think XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 am
Isn't it more impled that 'wlakers are more into "nasty hardcore stuff" than rape?

coz that's how I interpret it.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 am
Risky thread is risky
>.> <.<
jk
but no really it certainly does limmit skinwalkers rp qualification.
Perhaps a special skinwalker breeding slot is in order instead? Or maybe they could pm the rp in for their rp qualification?

However Puu awsome storyline for rp qualification for skinwalkers romance. Take a +3 to you int and +4 to your deplomicy skill checks.
(that last bits dnd humor.)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 am
Yes, it would require owners to be sensible in their roleplay, but Sya's example is for SW x SW. For a SW to even be able to breed with anything else, it was stated a long time ago that it would fall in the "rape" category.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:37 am
Lady Evelyn Nyht
Yes, it would require owners to be sensible in their roleplay, but Sya's example is for SW x SW. For a SW to even be able to breed with anything else, it was stated a long time ago that it would fall in the "rape" category.
Yeah I don't think anything would want to breed with a SW because the SW would just be so rough, they are the most notorious creatures of soquili after all.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff