Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[Q/S] Twin slots!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should "twin" slots be expanded to include father-son soqs... etc?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 42 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
I want to say something more specific! (post in thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 52

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm
So I have this fuzzy notion for a pair of customs in my mind! I'd like to get cosplays of two members of a family from this book series I like. Their designs would be uber similar and I was wondering... could I use a twin slot to get say... a father and a son instead, assuming they looked similar enough to be twins?

If that isn't currently an option... I'd like to formally suggest that twin slots be allowed to include father-son or cousin-cousin... whatever the family relation is, as long as they look similar enough to be twins.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:40 pm
I like this idea... especially since they can't breed which I think is part of the reason why twins are allowed and not potential mates.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 pm
:: I like the idea of this, but wouldn't the dates on the certs be sort of odd if it was a parent & offspring?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:43 pm
The age people RP a soq often has little to do with the age on the cert, so I don't see it being a problem.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm
I love the idea of being able to get father/son or mother/daughter sets!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:21 pm
Or for that matter Father/Daughter, and Mother/Son "twins" as gender, personally, ought not be an issue!  

Lilly_Foxx

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm
I like the idea of being able to get a parent/child in the space of a twin slot.. And the date wouldn't be an issue because it is listed as "found" so one could simply assume the parent/child were wandering together into the Soquili lands. Right?
Anyway, I love this. ^.^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 pm

I think this would be an excellent idea~ Mother/Daughter would work too!

GallusDomesticus

Desirable Sex Symbol

Felmino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:21 pm
Hm, well the reason twin slots were allowed/added was because it would be mighty odd to have one twin, and not know when their identically aged sibling would show up (not to mention they'd be disparate ages.) Secondly, twins are easier to do together since they often share at least part of their coloring and/or pattern; an identical match is possible if they're done by the same colorist at the same time.

I dont' see any justification for getting a pair of non-twins together at the same time beyond "I want to have more of this family faster." If we extend this, what would be the reasoning beyond not allowing any two Soqs in twin slots who weren't going to breed together? what about lifemated couples, they have good reason to show up together too. Family slots? Entire herds? Good intentions, yes, but that does not make it without danger.

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games