OMNOMNOMNOM
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 77

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Just as the title says.

I think it would be a good idea for people to be able to pay a certain amount to find out the genders of their baskets, if they choose. Even before deciding owners.

Reason for this is, some people have herds that one gender is prominent over the other, or even people that have certain RP plots with families/couples where one gender might be better played by a certain person of that breeding, etc.

There are a couple of different reasons why this would be a good idea, and it would be ICC possible as well, as the caretaker who deals with the babies in the baskets would likely be able to tell what gender they are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 pm
I second this idea, mainly because my herd is almost entirely female, and it'd be nice to have some more males in it. And also for plot reasons as well. <3  

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:51 pm
Nah. It ruins the surprise =/  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Thats what its a *choice*. You dont have to if you dont want to.

Ktns

Lunatic

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 pm
Id say yes if it was definitely after owners picked baskets but either way youre going to find out. Definitely NO to the gender before hand because that will pressure the other owners to pick a basket theyd rather not have  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 pm
I've got no issue with this.

Though just as it's choice for the owners, I think the colorists doing the breedings should get to choose if they wanna offer it or not.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:57 pm

The entire point to this suggestion is so you know ahead of time, some people wish to pick accordingly and is no different than people pressuring others now over a more pleasing looking basket.

I agree, Bee.

Edit: Again, its a *choice*. You dont have to do it if you dont want *shrug*.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:06 pm
I Am all for this smile
the option to know or not would be a great asset to the shop and to the rp community.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:10 pm
I think this could be a valuable option. But I also agree that if customers have a choice, then colorists should also have a choice to offer it or not.

But ICly it also makes sense. Wild or otherwise, I doubt most parents would leave their foals to starve inside the baskets and never so much as look at them. So, the parents knowing the genders is not so unusual. That's my opinion on the difference between first stages like baskets and first stages like eggs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 pm
If a basket ultra sound was available I would take it. Only 1 of my 6 soq is female and more then anything I'm hoping for a female basket from Mahdi's breeding. If they all came out male, then fine. If there is a female basket though I would /very/ much like to know.

If I fell for a basket based on colour I would simply not ask after the option to have them gendered. If the other owner wanted it I could always ask not to see the results if I still wanted to be surprised.

Besides. There's always some cases where one owner wants a boy, and the other a girl, and they like both baskets equally and just gamble on the gender. They may very well have switched baskets if they only had the option.  

one over three

Feline Cat

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:29 pm
There is already an option to predetermine basket genders. It is called bribes.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:33 pm
Bribes mean you can choose. You cant choose in normal breedings.

Ktns

Lunatic

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:34 pm
Well sure there are bribes, but I've rarely ever seen them open, and out of how many people there are bribing, chances are slim. Not to mention you have to have quite a bit more money.

I think it'd be nice to have the option to chose if you want to know before you pick baskets. It might make the decision process a little easier and of course the colorists could decide whether or not they want to allow that option. Honestly I don't see any harm in it at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Right, and bribes are completely different than anything even posted here.

Bribes you CHOOSE your genders, this is just for allowing people the choice to know. Not choose.

Ktns

Lunatic

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 pm
Before medicine had evolved enough, women couldn't tell the gender of their child. My father and I can predict the gender of the child a women is carrying by the way her belly has formed (high, low). With cows, it was time of day for male or female. Neither of these are not foolproof.

With the era the shop is set in, I don't think it would be exactly fair to decide the gender. Not to mention that yes, there is a pregnant stage, but the reason why you get baskets is because these foals have been born pre-maturely and need a surrogate womb to help them finish developing. Thus if we wanted to have this be a "real life" ideal, you wouldn't know the gender of the foals while they're being put in the baskets because that part would be finishing development.

-edit-
And you are asking about if it's possible to add a moneytary value to find out the gender of a basket. That option is called bribes. The colorists use some sort of randomized tool to decide traits, genders, etc. Not only that, but these colorists normally have all stages done before baskets drop.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff