32%  [ 25 ]
OMNOMNOMNOM
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 77

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:42 pm
Except this isn't to decide the gender; it's for when the baskets are actually delivered. Just like a child is you know the gender when they're born.

/shrugs/ Personally I agree with Etherial in that it's a personal choice of the owners and/or colorists. n__n

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:42 pm
Okay... I don't think anyone here is referring to real life and honestly it's a pet shop so I don't think that you can. Look at all of the soquili we have, ones with modern day edits and such. I don't really see the harm in wanting to know the gender of the babies and I don't understand why it's such a horrible thing. If you don't want to know, then that would be YOUR choice.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:44 pm
Lady Evelyn Nyht

-edit-
Not only that, but these colorists normally have all stages done before baskets drop.

Yeah... That's why we'd be getting the Genders. Not choosing them. We'd only find out what they are AFTER they've been colored before we chose who gets what.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:44 pm
You know what... I'm not going to point out other reasons against this if the reaction is going to be "you have a choice to do or not to do." I thought the whole point of feedback was for others to voice their pros or cons to suggestions.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Actually, Lady, your first post wasnt really pointing out a point of view, and it was pretty snarky. And in fact, people are just posting their own feelings of pros and cons to your own posts *shrug* Theres no reason to get upset because people dont agree.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 pm
You can voice your pros and cons. But the point of the suggestion is that you would have a choice.

If you disagree, then that's fine, you're entitled to. You have your reasons for it. That doesn't mean anyone is required to change their own opinion if they still don't agree.

/Shrugs/  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 pm
I think people may just be confused about what point you're offering insight on. It seems sort of like you're saying this thread is a suggestion to allow people to choose what gender their baskets are, which are bribes, yes. I don't know if that's true, you would have to clarify. This thread is merely saying once the colorist is done rolling genders and coloring and they drop off the baskets, the owners would be told what gender each basket already is.

Considering the canon of the shop, I agree that they might not have the technology or knowledge to tell the gender. But on the other hand, since some Soquili have cell phones, for example, the canon is a bit iffy as is.

I don't think it would hurt to be able to know the genders after the baskets are dropped off. That's it. :3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 pm
I think it's a good idea. Frankly, the babies are born at the point when they're put into baskets. Their care-takers would have some idea as to what the gender was (or one would hope!). It makes a lot of sense ic-wise.

For OOC reasons, it would make things a lot easier. Say for a plot person A wants a female and person B wants a male- problem solved. With baskets, you really never know. I don't see what the problem is. XD  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 pm
A horse fetus develops gender approximately 6 months in and is born (on time) at 11 months. You really should be able to tell the gender of preemies at that point. I don't think the time between moving them from their mother to their basket would be a factor either. They still need to be washed, don't they? Surely someone can take a quick peak while they're washing the birthing guck off. =p  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:01 pm
You know I can easily see both pros and cons to this.

But in the end, I have I'm leaning towards against it. I see what King is trying to say about maybe be pressured to take a certain basket or not because someone really wants a certain gender.

I guess, they way I see it... the Soquili wouldn't know so it kind of makes sense that YOU as the owner wouldn't either. Sure, I can understand the appeal of knowing, but at the same time, the same argument could be used for a whole array of features. If you were allowed to know the genders, why not the breed? Edits or no? It just seems like a slippery slope to me.

But at the same time, gender probably means more to some people than others. Like for me, I will always chose a basket for colors over gender (even if I know, due to a bribe or what not). Even if my herd is mare-heavy (which is is right now, terribly) it hasn't diminished the joy of seeing my new baby fillies heart But, some people might care about gender-ratio more than me?

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 pm
This is only my own matter of opinion, not a shop/staff based one, but if it is agreed that something like this can happen, at the choice of the colorist, then I myself would have no problem with it.
There is no harm of knowing a gender of the foals within the baskets if it would really help with making choices.

It would be the choice of the owner/owners if they wish to know, if it is their own "surprise to ruin".

However, as I said, I agree it could be a colorist based choice, and I myself would not agree to it unless BOTH owners are for it, since it would be weird for one to ask and to the leave the other owner in the dark.

Also, shop time-line wise and such, I think there is no harm. The owners don't have to have the parents running around RPing as if they know the genders. It could always be put on a OOC thing if it has to come down to it.
As someone one made a comic of a long while back, you never know what you will see in that basket if you peek.... C<

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 pm
Kamiki
If you were allowed to know the genders, why not the breed? Edits or no? It just seems like a slippery slope to me.

I would have to agree that these are things that are best left up to the imagination until baskets pop/grow. I think there could be a line drawn though. Gender is something you can't control while if you cross breed your soq you have to understand that you will be guessing at the contents. Edits are an outright open book.

My biggest reason I care about gender right now is due to the fact that I love RPing female characters and I really don't know what I would do with yet another boy. I may not care so much in the future, though.  

one over three

Feline Cat

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:18 pm
Ririka
It would be the choice of the owner/owners if they wish to know, if it is their own "surprise to ruin".

Took the words right out of my mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 pm
I can see both sides of this, and like Riri said, this is my own personal opinion on the matter, and not an opinion of the staff as a whole.

If it were to be done, I think both owners would have to agree on it and the colorist would need to allow it as well. However, I do believe that if this goes through, the next thing that will pop up will be people wanting to know the race of the foal as well.

If you want to know the gender of your foal to help you choose which one you want, the next thing you'll want to know is the race of that foal, to help you choose even further.

I also don't really see what the issue is with waiting the week to find out, but if you're that desperate to find out, I think it'd be the colorists' prerogative to allow or deny this.  

ButtPuppetry

Super Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 pm

I guess I dont see where gender and race have anything to do with each other. There are plenty of couples where race doesnt come into the picture, and thus is less likely to 'go down that road'.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff