Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S]Quality not Quantity ((suggestion to the Owners)) EDITED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quality vs Quantity (please comment no matter wich answer you choose)
Quality
52%
 52%  [ 25 ]
Quantity
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Other
33%
 33%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 48

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:47 pm

I can understand being jealous because you don't have as many Soquili as someone else. However, there is a point where jealousy becomes out of hand. That point is when you state that someone else is being greedy simply because they have more pets than you do. I have helped other people to get their Soquili in the past. I have given away baskets. I have co-owned Soquili. I still have a large herd, and I would not give up even one of them. Like many others who have larger herds, I have been with the shop for years. It took time, effort, and a lot of heart and soul to get them to where they are now. I also have a backstory and quite a lot of roleplay for most of my Soquili, and I love each and every one to pieces. No one is obligated to roleplay their Soquili, but don't assume that owners of large numbers of them are neglectful of what they have. In general, I do agree to the sentiment that quality is greater than quantity, but when you go and suggest that an owner is being rude by having more Soquili, well, I think that's pushing it too far. Explain to me how it is rude to possess something which you, or someone else, does not yet possess?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:39 pm
I know people who have breed-able pets totaling near 200's and ACTIVELY role-play, love and appreciate all of their Pets. This thread is ENTIRELY for you to cry about having a streak of not getting anything. There are people who waited a year or MORE to even win their first breed-able, its just the luck of the draw most times. Soq is considered the best breed-able shop for the reason that they are in fact, that hard to get.

Soquili isn't a starter breed-able shop either, If you have no pets anywhere, go to a shop where pets are more accessible, make friends, establish yourself and then move onto bigger shops. I was very fortunate that I got to start off with a fair size hoard over in SoA but that's because I took the time to make friends, learn the shop and eventually that effort was recognized by my friends and others and I started to receive gifts and getting picked out of CC draws.

If you have 100 Soquili, and you want to win more, that's not being rude, greedy or anything underhanded in the slightest. That just show's a true passion and love for the shop, and I salute those people who spend millions and millions of Gaia gold just to collect what they enjoy.  

inglorious D

Dapper Citizen

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:31 pm
LydaLynn
Sure, these are pets - but they are also ART. I don't have much money that I can collect art pieces irl - but I can earn gold here and get some amazing art that is lovely to look at - and has the bonus of being something I can rp. But wanting the art for the sake of the art is perfectly okay.

Quoting because this is a really good point and something I hadn't really voiced as a thought before.

And hey, for every disgruntled jealous person, there's five or six more who use those huge herds as inspiration and drive for their own goals.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:14 pm
I am all for newbie slots and for not entering if you don't want the prize -after all why go to the effort if you don't like the pet? For example I know people who haven't entered the SW RP event because they don't feel they could play the evil well enough..... and I also haven't enter events in the past because I felt no inspiration for the pet.

Also... proxies are sometimes NEEDED. You have to remember that not everyone is in the same timezone, or they have issues in RL going on, for example I have proxied people for custom slots when they can't get on.... I personally tend to miss all the games that are not 24 hours since they on at a more appropriate time for the colourist (which is fine XD) which is when I am asleep. But it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to try for the pet or participate in some way!

As for 'being rude' by having a large herd... I have never won a pet in a flatsale, RP contest or game of any sort... so yeah.... doesn't mean I haven't tried, but I don't see why someone who has less should have more of a chance than someone who has a larger herd -that's what newbie slots are for! I am more than happy for there to be lots of newbie slots... but if a slot is open to everyone then it should be open to EVERYONE not with a limitation of herd size or the such.

I love all my pets! For about a year I haven't been on much because I have a baby and RL got super busy... you have to remember that people have RLs, and they will ALWAYS come before gaia...! I know my Annabell is my priority... but now I am back I am trying to RP more and more, but in the end of the day it doesn't matter if I RP them or not since this isn't an RP store. The art is just as important -which is why the store goes to such lengths to find great colourists!

Just like Kamiki you could ask me about any of my pets and I could give you details about them all! So large herd often means just as much love as for a small herd.... maybe even more!! =D

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:00 pm
Allright clarification time.

!!!Haveing a huge herd dosent make you rude!!!
I will probablly one day have one as I plan on being active in this community for a long time.
!!!Takeing something just to take something and thus have a larger herd does!!!!
Like putting more on your plate just to brag that you can eat more kind of thing.
I'm not saying everyone who has over two soq does this im just saying if you don't want it don't take it.
Also I know allot of owners who have a ton of pets and have amazeing back rounds for each one.

I appligise for not clarifying properly.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:12 pm
Oh and I also did not enter any of the skin walker things because I didn't feel I could properly rp them either.

- I also never used the tearm underhanded in any of my posts.

And I also appligise for spelling errors I'm on my iPod and it's spell check seems to only be good for telling me not to curse or spelling total nonsense.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:04 am
Erm... I don't think that anyone takes soqs just for the sake of having a larger herd and bragging about it or something like that. They might take the soq because they like the soq... or because they don't have a kirin yet... or they like angenis... and all of them are legit reasons. I seriously doubt anyone is cackling behind their computer going "I'm going to get another soquili just so I can make people jealous and miserable!"

It's fine to encourage people to limit their choices in raffles... but you're still making pretty insulting implications about other soq owners.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:46 am
Look *sigh*

I didn't make this thread to bash people I made it to make a simple suggestion about how to spread winnings more evenly about so there might be more happy soquilli owners.
A small community offten is a small world and a small world is offten easily toppled. We are getting small i dont want to recgnise everyone in every event in this shop. I want to see people I don't know at least some of the time. I guess you could say I want this to be a bustleing city not a sleepy village. I want to see this shop prosper and flurish. More so than it already has and To do that we need new blood ie more noobies more diversity. we can't very well get those/that if we've got the same people winning everything now can we?  

If I have offened you it is because you have chosen to take my advice as a slurr. wich was far from my intention if you are a resonable, responsible, owner (wich I'm fairly certain you are) and not one of a show off greedy weedys (wich I'm fairly certain you are not) I talked about.  
We have conversed via pm once or twice In those times have you found me to be unresonable, Or sladerus?  Why would you asume it of me now?
Yes I was a tad harsh in my wording perhaps by some standards but that's just how iam. 
If I had a cert drawn up for myself I would certainly put my temper up as 
blunt maybe even brashly blunt.
In the future I will take more care to censor myself though I doubt by the way this is going that I will ever make another of these things again unless under dire need as oppsed to this supposed to be giveing sprited suggestion.

Oh And one thing I have learned about people not just in real life but in cyber space as well is just beacuse you think no one is doing it dosent mean they aren't.
Reguarding those who have PMed me to name names about these people I have deleted your messages mail me again and I will block then ban you. I'm not one for back door slander nor will I  ever be.   

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:42 am
The issue is arising about how you said it.... it wasn't blunt it was accusing and rude. What you are asking for and what you said are two different things... you could have said it and put your point across in a far nicer way that wouldn't have offended anyone. There really was no need to mention herd size at all, or that RP is overly important since this isn't an RP store. People seem to be forgetting this lately, I have seen it in a few threads now.... Soquili is a community where you can RP if you WANT to not because you have to.

What you should have said was:

"My suggestion is that everyone thinks twice before entering to allow those who really want to win a particular pet to have more of a chance rather than someone entering and not really being bothered about winning. I know people are already doing this -example being the SW contest- but it could also be extended to flatsales and the such as well.

Take a moment to look at what is up for grabs, if you feel drawn to a one or two of them then go for it! If you are not that bothered perhaps consider standing down this round."

When it comes to breedings... I am afraid it's more complicated, although there are people who aren't a fan of particular colourists they are willing to risk entering simply for the low luck link... which since breedings are one of the most popular areas of the store can come in handy. I personally love all the colourists and think they would be a stunning job of any of the couples trying. *nodnod*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:14 am
suggestion taken post amended  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 pm
I know lots of people want to get their first soqs and the chance to build up little herds of their own. Of course, right? I mean.. who's going to go through the trouble of attempting to brave the waters of soquili and learn all the ins nad outs if you didn't.

But, in a shop that offers such a wide variety of lines like this one; that makes their pets also a collectible. Lots of people like to collect various types. I don't think an owner who just collects is in any way a worse owner than someone who has only 3 or 4 and rp's every single one of them into infinity and beyond. We all have our personal ways of what we do with the pets we win. What those ways end up being are really noone else's business. Not one owner needs to justify how they enjoy their pets to anyone.

I often still think of my herd as small, but 4 out of my 10 are all in teh same family. I happened to get lucky and win a few flaffles and a few customs this year.

I don't always rp my soquili. Sometimes i enjoy the act of plotting and thinking up of the ideas for rp more than the rp itself.

I can say that while i'd love a skin walker; I didni't participate in any of the contests because I don't think I have the capacity to portray them properly. Also, i thought maybe there are people who really really want a skinwalker. Same thing for some of the recent basket rp contests. The owners asked for participants to be people to be active rp'ers. While I would have loved to enter for those baskets, I haven't been very good at maintaining my rp activity, so i didn't enter any of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm
Ok.. As a newbie, who owns one Soq, and just won that first a few days ago, I have to disagree with the front page. I don't want people to give me their pets--I have never entered in any co-owning contests. I want to win my own. I want to earn it. And while there is always the possibility of there being bias in contest judging, when it comes to rp contest, who would you give a pet to? Someone who you don't know who might take it and run, or someone who's proven that they rp their pets? I can't fault the staff for that.

And anyhow, why should we treat our soq differently from the pets of any other shop? Why should there be special rules just because people like this place more? Should people really be considered rude if they have a full list of preferences in a flatsale, or raffle? As a newbie I've never turned bitter and blamed the shop that I haven't won. People who do, in my opinion are childish. Any time I have lost a contest, I've thought that I should have done better. Any time I didn't win a raffle or such, I brushed it off as bad luck. This shop is swarmed by people every day, but does that mean things are not fair? This is probably the single most popular shop on gaia. That's why it's hard to win a pet. That's why it's under the scrutiny it is. I myself am for equality--and that extends to my pets. I'm not going to treat this place different from my other haunts. I'm not going to rile myself up and point fingers either. If I ever get the chance, of course I'll put a pet up for a contest--but does that mean I should be expected to solely because it is an Soq? I for one don't pay attention's to other people's hordes beyond drooling over a few of them. I'd much prefer to avoid the drama, as rl has enough of that X3 I applaude you DemonWingedPoetGirl, for bringing up these things, and reminding people that they should have courtesy....But at the same time, I don't like knowing that If I want a raffle pet, even if I want one of the last ones, I'll be looked down upon. I know that isn't how it was meant, but that is how some will look at it. And I do acknowledge that there is always the possibility of judge bias in contests and customs, but I for one would rather think that my idea simply did not strike their fancy, or that I simply am not at the level I need to be yet. ^w^

Sorry for the rambling, and I hope I didn't offend anyone or hurt any feelings ^^  

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:46 pm
I meant give as in a give a chance to someone who really wants it not give as in hand it over.

I'm not blameing the shop or faulting the shop that's why I said suggestion to the owners in the title.

Again to clairify I'm not saying likeing the full list is rude I'm saying takeing something just to take it is. There's a reason your last pick is your last pick. Am I really the only one who's grasping this? That I would rather be really happy maybe getting something I reallly want rather than probablly geting somethig I just kinda like.
Okay I don't mean this litterally because everyone knows all soq are pretty.
"one persons trash is anothers treasure."
again
!!!I don't think any soq are trash!!!

Only take what you really want.

And I use this way of doing things in every shop not just Soq.

No offense taken and I hope none given. Just getting a tad frustrated that no one sees this like I do. I am Starting to think I'm nuts.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:45 am
Graceangel
I know lots of people want to get their first soqs and the chance to build up little herds of their own. Of course, right? I mean.. who's going to go through the trouble of attempting to brave the waters of soquili and learn all the ins nad outs if you didn't.

User Image
HEY! What am I, chopped liver >_>?
Sorry Grace, couldn't resist. lol

In all seriousness though, preference lists do not include how much someone would like their choices, it's just a straight ranking. To illustrate, someone may have had a very hard time ranking the pets at all and be thrilled with any one of them, but they have to rank them in some kind or order for the list. Just because a pony is someone's last choice doesn't mean they are going to hate it.

Felmino

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:13 pm
I agree with Felmino. Like... take the WoW raffles. We had to post preference lists for them, and those were the hardest prefernece lists I had to write up for anything. Even though some were on the end of the list, it didn't mean i wouldn't have been ecstatic to win any of them. I think there've been a few flaffles with music themes that were the same way for me.

In the end, I didn't even end up winning anything out of those raffles. In fact, the only thing I walked away from the wow event with was my rudolph mount. I saw lots of people win wow pets who either don't like wow or know a thing about it. Still, I didn't complain and say.. that's not fair that this person got this wow pet. I was really happy so many people opened themselves up to the idea of wow even for that little while. Lots of people got their first soquilis during that event. I love seeing all those soquilis entered into various events and such.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff