Total Votes : 48

SylverStar

High-functioning Counselor

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 am
I was just thinking. I have Soq. that I would love to share with Newbies but I really have no idea who they are or what their preferences are.

I thought it might be cool to set up a thread like Lover's Rock but instead of for Unmated Soq make it for Soq Newbies.

They could put down info like how long they have been in Soq and B/C, if they like to RP, their favorite colors and themes, favorite type of Soq, how many Soq they have, ect.

It might also be good to through in that "Active in Month" code that is in the Master CC list. So we can tell when they were last active.

When they achieve 2 Soq. they can delete their post.

I know people can always add the newbie option in things and do contests and such. Just an idea that popped in my head and wonder what others thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:33 pm
If such a thing was enacted, somebody'd have to police it pretty hard. Otherwise people with a small number of soqs could very easily leave their name up there to try and snag more newbie sympathy.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:41 pm
Scaramouche Fandango
If such a thing was enacted, somebody'd have to police it pretty hard. Otherwise people with a small number of soqs could very easily leave their name up there to try and snag more newbie sympathy.

this is indeed true but what if it was ran like the way teepee's are done?
By sending an application to a mule?
People with absolutely no soq could even post an application for a common colorists custom?
They would still have to pay for it of course but it would be a hoops start for them.

Note: there is five votes in every option right now smile that's funny to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:34 pm
Personally, I'd like to see the newbies more active in thread, rather than have this method. If I see them more often in thread, then of course I'll remember them and take them in consideration. I'll also get to know them personally, rather than them just telling me in this small little biography. At least I'd feel like I'm talking to a person, rather than looking for plots for a Soquili, you know? There should be more dimension to it.

This shop is pretty newbie friendly already. They constantly have newbie RP contests, slots for newbies in flaffles, newbie owner breeding slots, and newbie custom slots. I feel like if they were just more active and aware of these events that they'll have a bigger chance of landing their first Soquili on their own. n__n;

If I remember correctly, there's also a newbie center in the Soquili Era guild, but personally, I feel like the best way to get a Soquili is just to stay active and try your best to try for events that are relevant to your interests.

I don't mean to be offensive at all, but that's just how I feel on the matters~

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

SylverStar

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 pm
I agree it would probably have to be regulated to some extent.

I was actually looking at it from more of a non-newbie stance. It seems like there are so many people in Soq. I don't know much of who has what.

But at time I guess it would be just as easy to do a co-owning contest or something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:49 pm
As a non-newbie as well, I feel like these things could be asked? XD I've met quite a few newbies in thread, and I'm also aware of non-newbies and can gauge how many they have.

Indeed, if an owner decides that they want to share co-ownership of a Soquili of theirs, then they do a co-owning contest. I feel like that's a common thing to do.

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:12 pm
It's something we've considered in the past, but never quite enacted. The concern is that a newbie list might reduce newbie's motivations to participate in the shop by posting and making friends. B/C is most definitely a social activity and simply sitting on a list waiting for a pet isn't very proactive (or much fun.) Keeping it up to date and accurate would also be of concern. That said, I think it'd be good to have some way of figuring out who the deserving newbies are. As a colorist, I don't spend enough time in thread to actually spot the shyer newbies when they de-lurk rarely.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 pm
As a newbie how (if I dont have a soq )am i supposed to be active, besides entering flaffles and contests and such. i think that a newbie thread would be a good idea to get people on their feet(hooves)  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:40 pm
Even if you don't have a Soq, you can still post in the thread and talk to people. It takes a little while to get used to things, and to get to know people, but if you just talk, usually people will talk to you.
I'm a newbie (technically speaking), but I like going in the thread and trying to talk to people. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:19 pm
If there needs to be any say in what newbies are active, non-newbies can always nominate active newbies they see? <3

@ Team Edward Cullenation - Activity could just be chatting in thread. I've known a lot of newbies that came to be co-owners of Soquili just because their willingness to be active in thread. A lot of people are friendly in there. Once you become noticeably active, there's a higher chance that you'll get offered co-ownership of a Soquili, given that there isn't whining or poutness about not having a Soquili. nwn;; I'd encourage thread activity because you'll be more aware of in-thread events. For example, there was a mystery raffle held by a colorist, and 5 people (newbie and non-newbie) who won a semi-custom Soquili and a newbie who won a premade Soquili.

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 pm
@team edward; another aspect of the shop to consider is this. If you wanna get involved with roleplay.. it doesn't necessitate an actual soquili though that might be the desire.

You can always create an indian persona to work with. You could try for some familiars that you write with your indian persona..and interact with others in teh shop with those until you get your soq.

on a side note, the shop has really come a LONG WAY in the past year in making newbies have a lot more even keel towards getting soq's. also, i don't really like the idea of putting so many newbie plans in place that it takes away the need for them to do any of hte work to gain one. Everyone goes to some lengths to get their first soquili. Why shouldn't you? Anything worth having should also be worth at least some effort. Not here, but once upon a time, there was a shop i would have given my right arm to get a pet from. I was there for almost a year trying in everything to get one. One month i got lucky, and they rolled me in a custom raffle. Till this day, that is one of my all time favorite pets from the b/c.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm
k thank you for the advice smile  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

SylverStar

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:07 am
I do like the nomination idea. And I think I saw that brought up before. I also agree with the activity thing. If the thread thing happened...maybe their could be a spot for them to link thread activity (like post link 10 or so conversations). This might actually encourage thread activity as well.  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games