Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Fanfictions
No Title Yet!!! (open) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  OMG THIS IS AMAZING!
  It's okay
  DIslike
  SO HORRIBLE I DIED READING IT!
View Results

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Okay i normally don't do fanfictions but Clockwork Angel got me thinking and a friend who also LOVES the series said he liked it so tell me what you think.

I'm a horrible speller so please bare with me. i'm trying my best.

I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!!!! What do you think
Post it HERE!!!!

If you wish to send me a PM instead that's cool to. And when the tile says (closed for construction) it means i'm adding to it. I would suggest not opening it up till it's gone so you get the whole chapter at once but that is up to you.

I have ALOT more to add to it. So don't start asking me about it every day I have a live to i'll get to it when i get to it.

There are a few chapters that don't have titles get any idea PM me. Same goes for the Title. biggrin thanks everyone Hope you enjoy!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 pm
Chapter 1: New Home

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:33 pm
Melanie shrugged the bag on her shoulder as she stepped out of the cab. “Hey Miss!” he yelled at her “You sure this is the right address!” she stared at the gothic cathedral that stood in frount of her the spirals of it reaching high into the sky, the gargoyals perched menicingly around the edge of the top rim looking like they were ready to spring. She could feel the glamour that surrounded the building and knew that all the mundane could see was a run down church in the worse state of disrepair.

“Yeah it’s the right place.” She said handing him the money and walking up the path to the entrence. Inside was just as impressive as the outsided. She walked quicky threw the pues and to the back hitting the button for the elevator. She could hear the creak and rattle of the thing coming down the shaft. Guess this is hom now, she thought as the doors opened. She was about to step in when a boy stepped out of the elevator nearly bumping into her.

“Hey watch it!” he snapped looking down at her. He had short chestnut hair and stunningly dark green eyes that changed from rage to shock as he looked at her. “Who the bloody hell are you?”

Melanie’s eyes crincled in annoyance “The Queen of Shiba!” she snapped at him. “And I sure as hell hope you don’t treat all your new people like that or I’ll have to crack my hand across your face.”

The boy looked surprised that someone would talk back at him. He quickly recomposed himself menicing smile splitting across his face. “I’m sorry your majesty.” He said bowing mockingly “Leo Wayland at your service.” He stood up straight, “you must be the newbie that Jace was talking about.” He held out his hand, “Wasn’t expecting you this early. I mean, you surprised me.”

Melanie rolled her eyes that’s no reason to be rude.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:34 pm
“So do you have a name.” Leo said extending his hand forward “or will the Queen of Shiba be suficiant.”

She took his hand reluctantly “Melanie.”

He pulled her hand up to his lips gentally brushing them on the skin of her hand “Melanie” Leo seemed to be tasting the words on his tongue as he said it. He had an arrogant air about him, in the way he stood and stared at her, “well I’ll take you to Jace.” He spun on his heals and re-entered the elevator, Melanie on his heals. As the door shut Leo turned to her, “So what Institute are you from?” Melanie squirmed at this. She was very uncomfortable talking about her home. It was know for it’s friendly nature with the Downworlders and the fact that there were a few Shadowhunters who had married them there. Her mother being one of them. “Does a cat got your tongue or do you not know how to speak.”

Melanie glared at him. “I came from the Institute in Boston.” She flinched at the look he gave her. A mixture of loathing and pity. “Oh don’t you go feeling sorry for me.” She snapped “It’s a nice place filled with some amazing people. Not like you would know.”

The doors swung open to the elevator and she walked out wanting to storm away from the Wayland kid but stopped. This Institute was set up differently then the one back home knowing she’d need his help to find her way she turned back to Leo who was neeling on the ground scratching a blue grey cat behind the ear.

“Hey church” he said smiling softly “Where’s Jace?” the cat spring to it’s feet and started down the hall. Back hom they had a dog that had done the same for them so it wasn’t unusual. Melanie heard the elevator cland as it rumbled back down to the ground level, Leo on it.  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:35 pm
Good ridence. She followed the cat down the hall lit by witch light that cast a ghostly glow on the walls and doors. She knew they were in the housing wing as they passed door after door of unoccupied bedrooms, till it oppened up to a main room.

Finally the cat stopped a little in fround of two big ornate doors that were similar to the ones of the library back home. Sure enough when the doors opened she was greeted with shelves upon shelves of books. And on the back wall stood a desk with two angels wings spread holding up the slab above them there faces contorted in pain and anguish as though they were holding up the weight of the world. Along the wall not to far from the desk was a fireplace, a couple of armchairs plopped in frount of it. One of the backs of the chairs faced her. A small smile creaped over her face as she stared at the familiar books that lined the shelves.

“I see you are a book lover.” A voice sounded from behind the desk. A man in his mid 30’s, who she hadn’t noticed before, stood up his light gold hair spilling in waves down the side of his face, he wore a white shirt and blue jeans, the scars of a lifetime of runes etched all over his visible skin.

“Why would you say that?” Melanie said staring at him. It was true, she loved books but she didn’t relize it was obvious.

“Well I don’t think it’s me you’re staring at even though,” a grin split across his face “I am a fine catch if I do say so myself.” Melanie couldn’t help but laugh. Jace’s attitude was a nice change to Leo’s arrogant self pride. “So you’re the Starwood’s kid.” He moved out from behind the desk looking her up and down. “My god you look like your mother.” He stared into her eyes “got your father’s eyes I see.” He started to circle her. She hated how he seemed to be looking her over looking for a weekness. “Send them my thanks for having you come. We’ve been short handed since Clary is pregnant.”  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:37 pm
She smiled “Congrates, I’ve been wanting to come to Manhattan for some time now. It’s just that it’s never been a good time.” It was a lie but she figured she’d at least try to make the best of the situation.

“Well it’s my pleasure. How is your father?” The smile faded from her face Of course he would ask that. I mean he’s a werewolf what else is there to know. It happened 17 years ago he’s kinda use to it by now. She thought

“He’s… okay.” She paused feeling a little anxious at how he was looking at her. “I mean he’s not worse but not exactly changed in attitude to his… situation.” Nice she thought Dad’s a werewolf I’m a half breed and I call it a ‘situation’ she felt like kicking herself.

“Don’t worry.” He said “I’m not here to judge your father, or you for that matter.” His lips curled into a smile “I already know about your family, and you.”

“You mean the fact that I’m a freak.” She said feeling anger bubble up inside her. “Are you going to call me tainted blood. That my dad should have been smarter and killed himself after he fould out what he became instead of disgracing the starwood’s family name. OR!” she threw up her hands “that I should have never been born.” He wasn’t even being mean to her but that was always how it was when a new shadowhunter learned her name.

“You’ve heard that a lot, haven’t you?” he was serious, no trace of amusement or pity colored his voice. It had a calming effect on Melanie, she was still mad but she didn’t feel like she wanted to rip Jace’s throat out.

“Well when you’re a half-breed you tend to.” Jace placed a hand on her shoulder just like her father would.

“You are a strong fighter, quick on your feet, and have killed more demons then everyone else in your institute combined. I’m honored to have you here Melanie.” Her  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:41 pm
mouth dropped. This was the first time anyone had ever tolerated her for what she was, besides her parents.

“Thank you.” She mouthed feeling a little bit better about coming here.

“Anyway.” He said clapping his hands together “My son Jason will show you to your room and around the Institute.”

“Jason?” he smiled a little as a boy about her age stood up from the chair that’s back was to her. He had shortly cropped Dark gold hair with the same gold color eyes as Jace as well as the thin white scared etched on his skin. He smiled at her holding out his hand. Unlike his father who seemed to move like a lion, graceful and obviously strong. Jason moved like a kitten, a little akwardly and unsure of himself which was unusual for a shadowhunter.

“So you’re Melanie.” He said smiling a little at her “Come on I’ll bring you to your room.” He took off out of the library Melanie easily keeping up with him. “So your father’s a werewolf?” he asked after a long moment of silence.

“Yeah.” Melanie said readjusting her bag on her shoulder. “He was bitten when him and his buddy, James Ravenscar, raded a werewolf camp looking for the one who had killed a little mundane girl. James got knocked out. Dad didn’t realize it till the pack leader jumped him and bit him.

“So your father was a shadowhunter?” he grabbed the handle of one of the many doors in the housing wing swinging it open. Inside was the four post bed, a wardrobe, and night table, a chair, a pretty big size closet and a door into her own bathroom. Her other suit cases seemed to have made it there alright, her mom had sent them earily that week and she had been worried that they might not make it before her.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 pm
“He still is.” Melanie said going over to the bigger of the four bags and unzipped it. Inside was her wolf blanket that she placed over the bed then dug her hand back inot it. “He just changes into a wolf every now and then.” Her hand closed around a case that was a little bit thicker then her hand. She pulled it out placing it on the floor. It was just shy of 3 feet long.

“What’s that?” Jason asked obviously forgetting about the question he just asked.

“Dad’s going away present.” She smiled as she flipped open the case. Two long broad swords shown up at her. The runes of strength and accuracy was etched just above each of the hilts of the swords. She pulled them out of the case feeling the power that surged threw them. “Duel swords.” She grabbed the sheath and stuck them in “my dad had them made for me when Mom told him she was sending me here.”

“To sounds like you’re close with your father.” Jason’s eyes seemed to jrop which caused her to feel a little pity for him.

“Well he’s the only one who understands what I’m going threw. I mean I may not change like my father but people still say I’m tainted blood.” She spat the last words out like a curse. “I’m a shadowhunter what should it matter if I have some Downworlder blood in me.”

Jason chuckled a little “Well there’s something different about you that’s for sure.” Melanie cocked her head to the side confused. “Well… Your stance, your walk, if I didn’t know better I’d say it’s like a wolf on the prowel. It’s not realy noticable but it’s obvious that there is something different about you.” He gave her an apoligetic smile, that seemed to light up his features. She know that he wasn’t trying to be rude unlike Leo there was something about him that was just soothing. He was so different from his father it was startling.  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm
“You and your father don’t really get along do you?” she regretted asking as his face fell before contorted to an angry look.

He gave a sarcastic “Ha,” we get along fine. He just expects me to be a good warrior like himself. I mean Jace Lightwood.” His voice was filled with false humour. “the one who took down his father Valentine, the one who wants his son to follow in his foot steps, but I can’t!!! I’m not a good fighter. I’m not good at that sorta stuff. And he doesn’t except that.” His hands were yanking at his hair in fustration. Melanie took hold of his rist dislodging his hand from his hair.

“No body is good at everything Jason.” She smiled saying the same lines her mother used on her when she found out she couldn’t write to save her life. “What are you good at?”

His face brightened, “ I love to draw and paint. Dad says I have my mother’s talent when it comes to that but it’s always come easy for me.”
There was a bang on the door at that moment Melanie looked over to see Leo leaning against the door frame staring at them with a look of nonchalance.

“Well isn’t this touching.” He said striding into the room as thought he was invited “Jace told me to come get you two. Apparently we’re going to be tracking a demon nest down.” Melanie was stared at Leo he was looking at the wolf blanket that was spread out on her bed. “You do relize that the wolf is a demonic creation and that things such as this don’t belong in a church.” He sounded like someone who was trying to explain it to a slow child.

“Wolves are not demonic!” Melanie snapped she was sick of this kids attitude she was only here for an hour and she wanted to kill this kid. “There majestic predators not that you would know.”  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:46 pm
He spun arround to face her “why are you so quick to defend them.” His lips curled menecingly “oh wait I forgot you’re from the downworlder loving Boston Institute. You think there good wholesome creatures no capable of murder.”

“Get out!” she snapped “Get out before I make you.”

“Oh so scary what are you going to do.” He taunted. She moved so fast she knew he wouldn’t see her coming. She know he wouldn’t be able t react till it was to late. Before he could even blink she had her blade at his throat lightly pressing it against it. His eyes had turned to panic as she stared into them.

“You get the ******** out of my room.” She snarled at him “I don’t joke arround when someone insults my family.”

Leo took a step the color drained from his face as he slipped out of the room not uttering another word.

She turned to Jason as she slid the blade back into it’s sheath next to it’s twin. Pushing a strand of her black hair that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ear she saw the look of shock that passed over his face. “How?” he pointed beside him then over to were she was standing. “you were… but how I?” Melanie smiled at his confusion “I didn’t even see you move!”

“No one ever does.” She opened up her bag she had brought with her pulling out her shadowhunter gear. “Your dad wastes no time.”

“No not really, he’s been wanting to check out this nest for awhile aparently.”

“Ah.” She said pulling out the Black leather armour. “Now were did I-“ she reached into the frount pocket and pulled out her stele, the small instrument they always used to mark there runes on them. It was a few inches longer then a pencil made of a special  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm
metal that almost seemed to glow. “you any good with the runes?” she said to him handing him her stele.

Jason chuckled again, though this time she didn’t see why. “You could say that.” He moved the thing gingerly over her arm. She felt the stig as he burned the runes onto her skin “I thought you might not be able to do this. I mean with…” he looked like he was afraid to offend her, well she didn’t blame him. He had just saw her pull a sword on Leo and move so fast that he couldn’t even see her.

“Jason relax you haven’t pissed me off yet so you have nothing to worry about.” His face softened, a low chuckle coming from his lips as he scrawled another one on her lower back.

“Remind me to never piss you off.” He placed the stele into her hand. “Think you could do mine? Leo always lingers on a spot to long like he’s trying to turn me to charcoal.”

Melanie shrugged “Sure. Is it just you and Leo?” she watched as Jaon removed his shirt so she could place them closer to his heart. His body was so well muscled that it looked like he’d been carved from stone, she felt her eyes scan over his body, tracing the thin white scars a memory from were old runes had scared and faded.

“No.” his voice snapped her back to reality. “Leo has a sister and my younger sister lives here aswell. Plus other shadowhunters pop in and out from time to time.”

She moved the stele over his skin finishing up the rune for strength. “All set.” She tossed her stele on her bed. “now to get the rest of me ready.” She turned to the black leather armour on her bed and then to Jason he just stood there. “Hello.” She said waving her hands in frount of his face “Get out!”  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm
Chapter 2: Chelsea's Appartment and Houseing

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm
Jason was waiting outside her door for her leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest a couple of Serph blades sticking out of his jacket pocket. He watched her as she shut the door to her bedroom “Were are the rest of your weapons?” he asked lookng at the duel blades that hung on her waist. Melanie couldn’t help but laugh opening up her jacket to reveal the six some odd serph blades stuck neatly in the pockets so they layed flat.

“I told you,” she laughed lightly watcing as blood rushed to Jason’s cheeks. “No one ever sees me coming.” They walked back to the library.

Leo was already there talking with Jace a younger girl standing beside him with the same chestnut hair and dark green eyes. She was fairly short and delicate looking. She wore the traditional Shadowhunter gear. Black leather covered her chest, and legs. Her feet had black boots on and silver gauntlets protected her arms, on her wrist there was a gold chain that curled up her arm disappearing under her sleeve. There were some small knives just visible on the waist of her jeans, that disappeared as she shrugged her jacket on. Both of them had marks circled on there throat and wrists. Melanie’s eyes darted back and forth between the two. They looked errily similar, even there movement seemed to match one another.

“So what’s going on?” Jason asked as he walked into the library trying to match Melanie’s walk and tripping over Church in the process. He stumbled forward flaring his arms as he tried to regain his balance. Melanie’s hand shot out catching the collar of his coat and pulling him back up right. “Stupid cat.” Jason mumbled. Melanie caught the exasperated look on Jace’s face and the wide grin that appeared on Leo’s.

“It’s amazing you’ve survived this long.” Leo taunted knowing Melanie wouldn’t do anything in frount of Jace.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 pm
Anyway,” Jace said glaring at Leo who stood up straight. “A member of the conclave has contacted me about a potential demon nest that has been forming. No one is sure about how many or weather or not they are powerful, so I need you guys,” there was a small cough that came from Leo’s sister, “and girls,” Jace rooled his eyes as he said it. Melanie couldn’t help but chuckle. “need to go check it out.”

“You sure Jason and Melanie should be going on this.” The girl said as though she was the one running the show.

“Maria!” Jace said sturnly “They will be going we don’t know the numbers of this nest you will need the help.” Maria turned her noise up at this.

“They’ll only be a hindrence.” Melanie was liking her less and less she had never even talked to her and she was acting like Melanie was going to cause problems for there mission.

“I’m sorry Jace.” Melanie looked at him then back to Maria “We might need an umbrella, I’m afraid she might drown if we go out side.”

“It’s not rainging.” Jason said not catching on till it was to late. Jace’s hand smacked into his forehead.

“People play nice.” Jace looked exhausted.

“Well I’m not looking out for your sone this time. I’m still washing demon blood out of my dress from the last time.” Maria whined. Melanie couldn’t count how many cloths she had to trash from demon blood but it was never a problem she’t rather be trashing the cloths then burying one of her comrades. And people say I’m the monster.

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
Fanfictions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items