Reply General Discussion
Problems with others grammar/spelling/word choice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Todd186

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:40 pm
Okay, so I love my mutual other (not going to get into specifics just because). However, I sort of have this problem whenever they send me a message. Most of the message is fine but there is at least one word that is not the right one to be used. For example: They meant to write, "I'm their butler." but actually wrote, "I'm there butler." This bugs me but I don't say anything.

How many of you have this problem?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 pm
OMG SAME HERE. Not even kidding. I love my boyo to death, but damn. He's horrible at spelling and homophones. rofl I'm like you though, I don't bring it up. XD When he's on the computer and I'm around though, he'll ask me how to spell certain things, so he's aware of it I think.

It works out though. He can't spell, and I confuse my left and my right still. X3  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

Todd186

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:51 pm
I don't think my mutual other knows I think this. I really could care less though, it's not liked it impacts me that much. However, if I see something that really (and I mean really!) irks me, I bring it up all smooth-like. Then I correct him and I feel better. Now that I look back on that, I'm a bit pathetic.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:05 pm
Heil Grammar.

Yep, I'm a Grammar Nazi. It irks me that some people are unable to use proper grammar and spelling. I understand if: a) The correct grammar is used in an odd fashion; b) They spell a long, complicated word wrong, just as long as it's obvious what the word is; or c) In a long series of writing, they only have one or two typos.

Then it gets me when the person with the bad grammar and spelling get angry with me for trying to correct them. stare  

SSBBrawlerBitF

5,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200

Todd186

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:34 pm
SSBBrawlerBitF
Heil Grammar.

Then it gets me when the person with the bad grammar and spelling get angry with me for trying to correct them. stare

I hate when people get mad at me for that as well. It really bothers me that people don't know the difference between constructive and destructive criticism. It is very rare that give destructive. When I do, it's usually at the people who get mad and cuss me out.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:44 pm
My boyfriend intentionally uses incorrect grammar and spelling because he knows that it irks me.

Todd186
SSBBrawlerBitF
Heil Grammar.

I hate when people get mad at me for that as well. It really bothers me that people don't know the difference between constructive and destructive criticism. It is very rare that give destructive. When I do, it's usually at the people who get mad and cuss me out.

That annoys me, too. I'm trying to help; I don't point these things out just to be a b***h.  

Feline Anachronism

Demon Born of Ashes

Dangerous Genius

6,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 pm
a friend of mineis not the best when it comes to spelling but it dosn't really bug me,and I don't bring it up much,but she gets on me about the space bar.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:19 am
I have a friend who occasionally gets their/there/they're wrong, but I don't bug her.  

Appelsina

Friendly Friend

asdfghjkllove x o x o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:15 pm
Appelsina
occasionally gets their/there/they're wrong

oh my god. i hate those mistakes the most .___.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:47 pm
I'm a well-known grammar fiend, so I complain about it openly. xD People don't really care.

It's funny, though, when we have to do peer grading and someone tries to grade an essay of mine and they say my grammar was incorrect somewhere, but it's actually correct xD That doesn't happen too often, though.  

deliciously

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:33 pm
It happens. Do you count text abbreviations? Those aren't necessarily grammar, but I'd much prefer words spell out instead of numbers (even though it may cost more)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:22 pm
Lately I've been finding it somewhat insulting that Rps that look as though they have been thrown together in about ten minutes are usually far more successful than the well thought and planned literate Rps that have had at least two weeks work put into them, only to never go anywhere. Does anyone else feel this way as well?  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces