Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Gamers Help Please (Star Wars Related)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Star Wars?
  Light Side
  Dark Side
  Jedi
  Sith
  KotOR
  Jedi Academy
  The Old Republic
View Results

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:01 am
Wow, it's been a long time eh? Sorry about that, been busy with college.

Ok so here's the deal, i bought Star Wars Jedi Academy (>.<) on the PC and i bought a controller for the PC, the controller is based off the Xbox 360's controller. I have installed the control, and the game, both work fine on there own, but they aren't happy together. I can go into my 'controls' on the game, and change them to the controller, but not all want to change, like the camera will not go to the second analog stick.

So what i'm asking is does anyone know away to set up the controller to the game easier. I have downloaded a program called 'xpadder' but i can't figure it out.

I just find it easier to use the controller, i've gotten really use to playing the star wars games with the xbox's controller, all weekend i was playing KotOR (1+2) at my boyfriends, and i just want to play more star wars.

Also the controller cost more then the game and i've already lost the bill so i can't return the $50+ thing, and there for REALLY want it to work.

Topics:
PC games
Star Wars Games
Star Wars
Controllers  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:43 pm
You might look for a mod, I always played Jedi Academy with the keyboard, & xpadder's the only mapping program I've ever used.
You might actually have been better off buying an actual 360 controller, they work seamlessly with windows, & come with mapping software.
You might be able to find a mod that'd solve your problem though.

All that said, KotOR is awesome, some of my favorite games.
Atton's the dopest.
Hopefully you'll figure out the gamepad.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:30 pm
It's the Microsoft controller for the PC, i'm going to pop the CD back in and see what i can do. It look just like the XBOx 360's just with a USB cord.

And yes i'm Loving sith lords >.< I already played and beat (good ending) the first one, and had to play the second. I like it a little better because i feel like the character is more 'my' character.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 pm
Hopefully that'll fix it.

I liked the characters from the Sith Lords a lot lot more. Like Atton, & Bao-dur
From the first though, Mission, HK, & Jolee were awesome, some of the others however, Carth especially, bugged me.
The thing about the second one though, like half of the game got cut, & it gets very buggy, so that kinda blows.
Past that though it's pretty grand.
Oh, & in both games Charisma is the ultimate stat.

If you finally get Jedi Academy working two lightsabers is totes the way to go.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm
Well i've been playing it with the keyboard and mouse, and i'm liking the game, it's just i like to be comfortable when i play and i don't care what people say i like controllers better.

and yeah i LOVED Jolee! My Boyfriend like's HK, i liked him too he was entertaining, but i always used the Jedi characters. I hated Bastal (sp) and i'm hating Keira in sith lords.

i find that Intelligences is more helpful gives you more points, and then i just up awareness and persuade .  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 pm
I'm with ya there, controllers are a lot easier to use, I'm just too cheap to shell out for one.
Bastilla's really bitchy, and Kreia's downright awful.

Intelligence is pretty good, the skill points can go a long way.
I generally get intelligence, & charisma the highest.
Charisma's nice though because your companions get bonuses to hit, & powers cost less fp. And in the second game, it gives your party small bonuses to all their saves.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 pm
oh i didn't know that, that's helpful, i might start to put that up now, i'm still some what early in the game (only seen 2 of the jedi masters). I like the influence thing that they added too, i think that they sort of had it in the first game, like as a small point, but in this game it's brought out more. It's neat how your party members appearance change as you go light side or dark side.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:37 pm
Yeah, the influence system's pretty cool. It can make it a pain in the a** trying to teach some of the party members to use the force though. Some of them just can't agree on anything, & Kreia'll b***h about anything you do.  

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:27 pm
I love those games, I haven't played Jedi Academy in a while wish they'd make a new one like it. They've come along way since Dark Forces.

I have a couple of Saitek gamepad that I use for games like that, comes with its own software that's really good... but its only for saitek products unfortunately sad  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games