89%  [ 25 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:13 am
Just wondering if there are any plans to open up new custom accessory/scar shops like Acotas in the near future? I'd love to see a few more...or even just a few slots opened by the familiar colorists ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 am
User Image

I would ADORE to see this.
I think the idea of having something like this for existing soquili is AWESOME.

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:10 pm
I agree with this! More little custom accessories would be great for people who want to spice up Soq they get in flaffles and stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 pm
Maybe it could be put into the rotation of some of the familiar colorists? I think that it's always cool to be able to get a custom accessory/scars for an old soq... it can be a nice way to show some of the plots they've gone through!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:14 pm
I would love to see this!
The added scars as well as accessories is really good and can really help a character to look like their plots/stories.

I am sure we all understand that custom accessories can be touch and are extra work for the colourist -especially when trying to match an exsisting style- but I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more for them. =D
Seeing a few more of these slots (on at varying times since I always miss the Acotas slots due to timezone) would be wonderful!
*nodnod*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 pm
User Image

Yes, timezones are a difficulty - perhaps custom accessory raffles or something?

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:30 pm
Yeah 24hour raffles work well, I have got to participate in quiet a few familar raffles because of such things. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:32 pm
Staff have talked about this before, but at the moment, familiar customers are only limited to familiars and the trading post items.
This is mainly due to the fact that the familiar colorists are still new, and we don't know everyone's limitations and the full extend to who can do what.

Maybe it could happen with other colorists, but no one has yet to raise their hand to taking it on.

However, some are running through ideas for more trading post items to open up more variety item wise. :3

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 pm
This would be fun, if possible one day.

I have a question, because I don't know about colouring, is it possible/probable/looks good enough to template some scars? Like smaller ones in predetermined places?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 pm
The main sticking point on after-market accessories is deciding if they pass on or not, and how that'd be marked if they don't. If they do, then we run into the problem of large numbers of unedited ponies turning into editeds, though minor.  

Felmino

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:16 pm
Felmino
The main sticking point on after-market accessories is deciding if they pass on or not, and how that'd be marked if they don't. If they do, then we run into the problem of large numbers of unedited ponies turning into editeds, though minor.

Just my two cents:

I know most colorists do it this way anyway, but I think minor-edited Soquili should always be able to be entered in Unedited breeding slots: just as long as they have the understanding that the offspring will be unedited.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:25 pm
I've always allowed that, I think most other colorists do as well. Not everyone with minor edits *chooses* to go for unedited slots though, that's the issue. It causes more crowding in the already fierce competition for edited slots.  

Felmino

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:55 pm
Thanks for the info Fel and Riri! And I agree that it's be awesome to have some trading posts scars like Nyx suggested. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm
Felmino
I've always allowed that, I think most other colorists do as well. Not everyone with minor edits *chooses* to go for unedited slots though, that's the issue. It causes more crowding in the already fierce competition for edited slots.

That's true *nodnod* Of course, I haven't seen too many "edited only" slots, though? It's generally open for all, and then specialty categories.

So yeah, I can see the potential drawbacks.

But.... it's a cool idea. I like the little easy ways people can customize/personalize their existing pets. I love the necklace I got from Mind for my boy Spellbound <3

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:11 pm
If not all of the familiar artists can do them I would love just maybe two that can, so that you dont have to wait like 6 months or more for slots to open.  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games