Procrastination

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:03 pm
I am guilty of it.
I am currently procrastinating from a chemistry project (probably worth 5% of my mark) and an essay in english thats worth 15% of my mark.
So how about it ladies...
Do you procrastinate (and if so, how bad is it?)?
How do you deal with last-minute projects?
And, how do you get yourself to work?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:30 pm
i procrastinate way way too much. i was doing science fair (worth like 75% of my grade for the semester) and I waited until my partner started yelling at me to actually do some work and put it all together around midnight of the night before it was due... or should I say morning of since it was midnight?  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Wumps

Tipsy Tipper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm
I've procrastinated to the point it was embarrassing. The worst was 8th grade, I had procrastinated about a month's worth of assignments. It wasn't hard to catch up, but still.

For last minute projects, I literally sit there with the materials I need and work work work. I have had times where I had to beat the clock to turn it in in time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:51 pm
One of my teachers actually claims my school teaches students to procrastinate (it annoys him sooo much). What happens is pretty much all classes will have work assigned 24/7 so it's impossible to try and finish everything before you rest. So most freshmen will be like: "Yeah, whatever. I can TOTALLY get all of this done and still have time to have a life!" And then sometime between the first and second quarter they realize that it's impossible unless you are super genius, and procrastinate like the rest of us. >_>;;

For example, right now my English teacher wants us to read 150 pages of a novel by Monday my Physics teacher wants us to read, take notes, and do all example problems from 12 pages of our textbook.

And what am I doing? Posting here... hooray.  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Sweet Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 pm
I procrastinate when it comes to French and English, I love them both but, studying/writing is just sooo less enjoyable then lurking.
aheh.... sweatdrop

*~*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:30 pm
It's a really bad habit.
Right now I have a French review, math review, social studies review and science project due Monday/Tuesday, (we have block scheduling, so we have four classes one day and the other four the next...an 'A Day, B Day, thing"). Guess how much of it all I have done.
e-e

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 pm
Uh. Yes. Most definitely. :'D
I actually do better when I'm rushed, though. ;;
So procrastinating isn't my biggest problem, really.

I just forget to do stuff, a lot. .-.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm
Procastinate a lot. Usually leave it til the last day to do it, but sometimes i do it ahead of time cause there's nothin else for me to do. (:

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 pm
I'm guilty of it too : (

I procrastinate to much... crying

I pass my projects with good grades but if I know that if I don't procrastinate i would do so much better. I'm trying not to do that anymore, but it's hard XD...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 pm
I procrastinate so bad to where I have been known to write a paper an hour before I have to go to class. sweatdrop It's awful, and I get so angry at myself for procrastinating. I just do it though. I've gotten better since I've gotten a couple bad grades on some of my procrastination projects/papers.

There comes a time when you just got to buckle down and do it. :3  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:36 pm
It's all about will power. I usually procrastinate on large projects that are long term. I get them done the last week or so. I just finished 3 papers for science that apparently aren't due tomorrow. I'm so proud of myself. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:58 pm
::Alex:: User Image

I procrastinate, just not to the point where I'm dying the night before while trying to finish all of my work. I'm actually surprised I'm following through my New Year's Resolution: finish work ahead of time. I never thought it would actually happen. I'm tearing up... ; u ;

hasarose

Shy Explorer

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces