Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Cure for homosexuality Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:46 am
If there was such thing, would you get it? would you go and get "cured" or maybe something to prevent homosexuality.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 am
Not at all. I am proud of who I am. I was having a discussion with my sister the other day about saying if it was a choice that I would chose still to be homosexual. I'd rather be happy with who I am and with someone I love, than to fake it and be miserable.  

Vega Futago

Don Caballero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 am
Nope. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am
Not one bit. I'm quite happy with my homosexuality. =3  

KenjiKuragawa

4,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Outremangeur

Dapper Fairy

8,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:45 pm
no.
i don't see my sexuality as something 'wrong' with me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:35 pm
no! if theres nothing wrong with me, why should i get a cure?  

TheDollxxHazuki

Elohim Called

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 pm
Hm...In the beginning I probably would've. But, now I love who I am and all the people I've met. So, no. I don't think I would.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 pm
Nah. I like feeling diseased. lol  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

KillingOurAngel

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 am
Cure? I shudder at the thought. I despise when people say something like "its a choice, so choose to be straight" Honestly, if it was a CHOICE would i want to be rideculed day in and day out? So back to the question, even if there was a cure...i would stay who i am!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:05 am
Naah, at times I feel bad for being gay, due to my parents being christian, but I'm secretly also wiccan ( reading leads to lesbianism and witch craft sweatdrop ) and although I respect their beliefs, I don't believe them. So in the end it doesn't matter {:

They technically do have a "cure" for homosexuality. It's called brain washing. They had a documentary a few years back about these christian camps who would starve the homo's and stuff, until they believed they were straight. A lot of them were sent there by their parents while they were teenagers and are now married with children, a few of them still have feelings for men, but are basically too afraid to act on them, because of what was done to them. There are also therapies you can go through, which although aren't as bad as physically torturing someone, does the same thing to some extent. It's really disgusting, I don't think they have the camps anymore, but the Therapy is still available, only to those who "seek help." Which I suppose is okay if you want to do that : It's disgusting in my opinion though.  

MagicalFlutes

C9100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:19 pm
wtf, i belive thats the stupidest question in the world, its like in X men 3... when storm said "we dont need a cure cuz theres nothing wrong with us!" to me, thats like saying, "if there was a cure for red hair" or blue eyes, ect  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:38 pm
No, I would not. I really don't see my sexuality as something that needs to be "cured", there's nothing wrong with me liking both girls and guys. I'm happy with how it is, anyways.  

proustitute

cajunantichrist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:34 pm
when I first came out then I probably would have but looking back on it now, no. don't fix what aint broken.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:17 pm
<3 Nope :3 I love being true to myself. Even though as a homosexual I get bullied by homophobic people and religious people, I would never change that about me.  

Pokeypillow

Everlasting Radiance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm
Both creating a cure for homosexuality and USING the cure would a victory for the homophobes and their oppression upon us.

There's no need for a cure. There's nothing wrong. The only time there would be something wrong was if there were only one man and one woman left in the world and one or both were homosexuals. Even then if it was for that kind of case I'm sure they could.. you know... for that lol

Otherwise homophobia is just an archaic fear. You must not let them win. They have no basis for their hate.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff