Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Being an Artist on TM SUCKS. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puchinna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:42 am
User Image
User ImageHonestly- I find it AMAZING hooooow much the TM players expect from the artists on there. Especially for what they'll pay.

They want like HQ 8+ hour grand spankin' quality, for like 2 GCs. Bull. IT'S BULL.

And they have are sooooooo freakin' slow when even thinking about making a trade. (Example: Someone said they want my art, a week ago. Saw my want list- says She has some of the stuff. But she still hasn't made an offer?)

e_e The stuff of TM costs less than the stuff on Gaia. Yeeeettt they expect more?

It's hard bein' an artist on Tinierme.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:36 am
Yea, that's why I stopped doing art commissions on TM.
I'll only do art for a couple of people on there who know business. I have commissions open for profile layouts, but that's it. It's hard finding a decent commissioner who'd be willing to pay a proper price.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

gudaguda

Ice-Cold Girl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 pm
Wow... sucks to hear. I was just thinking of doing commissions there too. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:08 am
i think the reason why it hard to sell art cuz the selfy them selfs are already pretty! so that why ppl don't want much art and if they do they expect it to be better looking than the selfys!

just can't wait when they open the art arena and the market place on tinierme!

thisguyquitthissite

2,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Gaian 50

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:30 pm
Interesting, but the issue is not at all that it's hard to find someone who wants art. Looots of people want art.
The thing is, people don't want to pay the right price for the good quality of the art and they want to rip you off. The quality of the art they are asking for is way better than Selfys too. I noticed the majority who don't price art right are just kids, usually16 and under.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 pm
E-Eh? D:
I don't find that true at all...
If you go to the Art Bazaar, there are people who sell a reg. sketch/bust coloured or whatever for 10GC+ and a few animoots :3
--
Edit: But I found over the time, that not many people actually on TM care for the art yet o.o
I heard from a few users get confused as to why people 'waste' GC on art..
^ ^);;  

icyxchan

Friendly Friend

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Saia-Hime

Kawaii Senshi

11,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:55 pm
This is so true! >___<;;

I got offers with cheap and common CC for my Animated Chibis.

There were like 3 people who payed/are paying 3-5 GC + Animated for them. e_e So I'm ok with that. xDD

TWO were nice enough to offer eyes. c:
Although one of the eyes were just....eyes nothing else. =_=;;;
Kinda mean, but w/e D:
And the other (whom I asked to keep her eyes) gave me an animated, a GC prince top, and eyes. c: Very nice person. ^.^

And my other people....e____e they aren't as nice, but w/e. I just wanna dress my selfy up haha.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 am
Almighty Sai
This is so true! >___<;;

There were like 3 people who payed/are paying 3-5 GC + Animated for them. e_e So I'm ok with that. xDD

Kinda mean, but w/e D:
And the other (whom I asked to keep her eyes) gave me an animated, a GC prince top, and eyes. c: Very nice person. ^.^

And my other people....e____e they aren't as nice, but w/e. I just wanna dress my selfy up haha.

I've gotten liek 2 people who actually gave me really nice items for my art. e_e; But good lord, everyone loves art. Seriously. People pay like 20 bucks a chibi on DA. They can't spare like 2-3 bucks?! Are you shittin' me?
So not worth it. They can find some other chump.  

Puchinna

Saia-Hime

Kawaii Senshi

11,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm
Puchinna
Almighty Sai
This is so true! >___<;;

Kinda mean, but w/e D:

I've gotten liek 2 people who actually gave me really nice items for my art. e_e; But good lord, everyone loves art. Seriously. People pay like 20 bucks a chibi on DA. They can't spare like 2-3 bucks?! Are you shittin' me?
So not worth it. They can find some other chump.

Yeah. D:
I now right?! They can do whatever. If I like the item well, I'll do chibis. xDD
If not then.. >3>

I know right?! >=OO
I'll ask for more next time and if they buy the chibis from me, then I know the price is right. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:12 am
Yes, art used to be way undervalued on tinierme, but now it is quite the opposite in many art threads I've seen.

For HQ art specifically, many potential customers are offering whole long LISTS of items including animateds.

I find this ridiculous in that the value of the items is often far greater than the art when comparing it directly with that artist's real life commission prices. Yes, I have rl commissioned tinierme artists and it is far more straightforward for me to do so.

A select few customers began the total inflation of the item offering. I agree artists should be paid well, it is a game yes. I personally however will not be buying for instance a single waist-up art worth $20-40 rl cash with literally $80-100 value of tinierme items.

To get one animated on tinierme from normal gacha the drop rate isn't so great, i'd say on average its not often you get more than one animated per every $10 spent. So yes, when people are offering a large amount of animated items plus a large amount of gc items it is a bit extreme, but they are the ones willing to pay for it. My point is many HQ artists in fact are not being underpaid now.  

EIfy

Resilient Chum

20,575 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Champion 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250

Sweetest Moon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm
I personally like being an artist on TinierMe. Yes sometimes there will be some people who will lowball you to no end, but then again there are also really generous people who make you feel ... special I guess c:

All in all though, it just depends on which art buyers you deal with and how much your art is, sad to say, in demand.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:21 pm
I've never done art on there,and on some rare occasions i have done,They were for my friends.

I feel sorry for the artists on there,Who accept 1-2 GC for their cute and glorious colored artworks,It kind of feels like they're getting scammed in a way.

I've payed 2 GC moots to someone instead of their original price of 2 Gc's,Since the artwork really looked good.

I just wish others can follow this example and be nicer to eachother,Like the way it use to be in 2009.  

Prince-Of-All-Bunnies

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:06 pm
And now with the official ban on art..

L i n k

I have hope for the future of the art shop community on TinierMe though.
TM is still in beta and developing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:09 am
Wow. They actually made an announcement about it.
At least they've made it clear whether it's allowed of not.  

Lucht

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:30 pm
I was an avid art buyer on TM, much more so on than I was on Gaia before I had migrated over. I found that the quality of art in the art community didn't yo-yo as much, and plenty of HQ artists were actively working.

However, so many shops have closed up since the announcement and it's quite saddening to see the community take a plunge when it was gradually getting larger.

I would commission artists here on gaia, but it's a LOT harder to grab slots and find the art styles that I like amidst all the threads. Variety can be a good thing, but there's just so many threads o.O

TinierMe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff