Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I guess I'm getting back into reading... xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 pm
College has finally decided to force me to get off my lying a** and actually get back into reading rather me just saying I will. 8D

I found that that I'll need 22 novels, short story collections, and non-fiction works for the next semester.
Which translates into this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (Minus one book that I already have back at my apartment.)

It's slightly daunting considering the possible essays, close readings, and creative non-fiction pieces I will have to write along with reading, but I think I'm going to enjoy most of them since the majority of them are for my Black Woman Writers class and my Holocaust Seminar. >3

On top of that, I get to take figure drawing finally. (On the weirdside, I get to see one of my friends nude because he is one of the nude models for that class.) Yay learning proper anatomy.

If you are in school, what will you be taking next semester?
If you aren't in school, I slightly envy you. ;o; ihu.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:24 am
Wow, that's alot of material x_x
I guess as long as you enjoy what you're doing it won't be so bad. I've actually gotten back into reading as well lately. I've been reading some military history books, and I just bought myself Simon Pegg's autobiography (which is hilarious by the way).

I'm in my final year of uni now (H'OHSHEET) and next semester I'll be taking 2 modules: Behavioural Ecology and Sociobiology and Marine Processes. I'll have my honours project to finish and write up too (it's a tiny piece of research that I'm doing this year that culminates in a 15k word dissertation). Here's hoping I make it through alive...

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 am
I love how

PainfullyVivid
22 novels, short story collections, and non-fiction works for the next semester

translates into "slightly daunting." xD

Speaking of which, I have to take Music Theory every semester. I was so excited about never having to take a math or science again, but hoo boy; music theory is like math on steroids, crack, pcp, and growth hormones. And then there's ear training, where they play pitches for an hour every day, at eight in the morning, and you're supposed to not only stay awake, but identify the pitch and if it's sharp or flat. Lulz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:36 pm
@Qui
Hopefully I won't have to read all of some of them. I know I won't have to read all of the anthology I had to buy, so that's a giant plus since I hate/ don't enjoy classic literature most of the time. @___@
I generally enjoy reading, and I'm super excited about all the books on the Holocaust because a lot of them seem really interesting.

If I end up staying with honors, I guess mine will have to be about that much as well, if not a little under. o: I think they want about 30 pages of essay/ work.

@Nexus
Well, I used to read a book or two in a week, and this translates into like a book and a half in a week. Plus, I'm sure I won't have to read every bit of like three of them or so. xD I think I'm screwed with the ones for Black Woman Writers and my Holocaust seminar, so I know I'll have to read most of them.

Ick. I couldn't do it. I'm not bad at math, but I don't enjoy it. @___@  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Annai-chansan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:42 am
booooks. I like books, but I don't enjoy classic literature most of the time either. Still, I try and read books I have to as soon as possible...so I can get them over with xd Good luck with all your reading!  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games