Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I love it when the airport loses my bags.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:10 am
Nah, I'm just kidding. I hate that s**t.

So, I got back at around 1:30 from a four-day trip to New York City. The flight from where I live in Charlotte, NC, to NYC, is typically an hour-and-a-half flight. So, naturally, for whatever reason, we get a connecting flight. Which is then delayed for an hour. And then delayed for another hour. And then thirty more minutes, once we're on the plane. Since it was a smaller, express plane, all carry-on items still had to be checked, but we were given a small, dinky tag, which, naturally, got ripped off of mine, somehow. So, they tell me to pick it up at baggage claim. Only, it's not there. So, I go to file a claim, and it's not at their office. So now I have no idea where in the hell my luggage is an even if it's in the US, anymore; they could have put it on the wrong flight, and it's an international airport.

That's three-hundred dollars worth of Christmas shopping, right down the shitter. Along with my favorite clothes. And passport. It's supposedly going to be delivered, today, but I really don't believe it; my suitcase has no nametag. /:

Anyone else ever have this problem? Was it resolved? How quickly?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:33 am
And by lose, they mean stole, of course. scream  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:38 pm
That sucks, bags seem to be getting lost more and more these days.
The couple of times I've known someone to lose their bags, it's just been a case of it missed the flight and had to be put on the next one or something simple like that, and they've gotten them delivered to them express within 24 hours. That is Qantas though, and they are the best... I'm not sure how the cheaper airlines would go about it.

I know a lot of the cheaper airlines are making you pay for travel insurance now, so if your bags get lost, you're screwed. That's a bit suss, if you ask me. Again, fly Qantas, lol.

American Airlines lost Miranda Kerr's wedding dress 6 months ago and they still haven't found it for her. If she can't get her lost baggage back, I don't know what hope the rest of us have...

Good luck getting your stuff back D:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:38 pm
Doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy inside?

Hopefully it was delivered because that's stupid and crappy. DX I generally try not to check in my suitcases ever, and this is one reason why. Underpaid, uncaring Airport workers.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:25 pm
They really are pretty retarded when it comes to luggage at times. This is why you pretty much need to stick to carry on only anymore cause they just don't really care that much what happens to your bags.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:26 pm
@Lychee- Speaking of stealing, a woman went through a similar situation this year, and sued (successfully) for 5M. So...I might have to get in on that, if I don't get my stuff back...

@Lici- Yeah. I've been checking for the last twenty-four hours, and they say they know where my bags are! It's simple really, either they're still in Washington D.C, Frankfurt, Germany, or here in North Carolina. Wonderful!

@Pain & Honsu- I really didn't want to check my luggage. Like I said, though, it was an express flight, and thus, a small plane. All larger carry-on items had to be put with the checked luggage, anyway. And they lost my tag. So I couldn't claim it. Even though I was the only one whose luggage was left. This was on my connecting flight. I knew then, that I probably wouldn't be seeing my luggage again.

Nexus Carbuncle

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff