Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Vrroooooooooooooooom!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:33 am
Guess what, Suites?

I got my boat license! :D Also my jet ski license, but I'm more happy about my boat license.
Since I'm back home for a couple of months, I've told my dad I want to get into waterskiing again, and he suggested I get my licenses so I can drive the boat and he can have a ski too.
So I did! I'm very excited to drive our boat now xD I've been getting it ready the last few days, so it's all good to go this weekend (:

The scary thing about this license, is that there's actually no size restriction on it. I can drive any boat as long as it's not commercial. How crazy is that? And I can navigate maps and water ways and stuff and sail the open seas! Skipper Lici! :D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:50 am
*salutes*

PVC Cousin Klinkz reporting for duty, ma'am! scream  

lgtenos

Annai-chansan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:26 am
that's awesome! *pulls out titanic size boat* Lets gooooo!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:35 pm
Awesome! smile
I love jetski's they are so much fun, loads of speed and no pain if you fall off xd

You don't need a licence to drive a boat here, at least not on the Thames not sure about the sea, there is just a speed limit inside the city. You can drink and "sail" legally to >_>  

scrub
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:33 pm
scrub
Awesome! smile
I love jetski's they are so much fun, loads of speed and no pain if you fall off xd

You don't need a licence to drive a boat here, at least not on the Thames not sure about the sea, there is just a speed limit inside the city. You can drink and "sail" legally to >_>

Yeah I totally cut sick on a jet ski! They're no good for towing multiple skiers though, not unless you want them dragging in the water for ages, struggling to get out.
I'll be driving a 19ft fiberglass boat with a 2-stroke 235HP V6 outboard on the back :D It pulls people out in a second, provided they can hold on, lol.
It's also completely covered in gold glitter! Complete with gold glitter seats inside.
I'm super excited to drive it tomorrow. Check it outttt:

User Image

Our boating laws have all changed recently and have been made more tough. Basically because since sit-down jet skis got so popular, they've run amok in our waterways and ruined everything for everyone. Jet skis are pretty much banned from all waterways now except the ocean. People would be going way too fast or too close to moored boats, and would be creating wash that would rock those boats and knock things over inside, creating fires and stuff if people were cooking, etc.
So yeah. A whole day of learning theory and rules and an hour of practical tests (and $400...) later, and I'm equipped to navigate any waterway in Australia (:  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games