[A] Provided Lineart

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:42 am
I remembered the main reason why I disliked the lineart that has been provided for questers and it's simply that not everything is available between the larger png version and the smaller png version. I have tried time and time again to work with what is provided and always end up frustrated and annoyed. Would it possible for the provided quest lineart to be in the same format so people don't have to play with sizing while working on their concept?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:36 am
I could try: Though this isn't really an "Official" template (though it kinda-sorta is now cause it was used as a base sketch for the hiring template) so Its more up to me to see if I can find the files or find the time to remake them then a shop project. <3

I know I've moved computers and have had the occasional crash since I made them, so It requires checking out. But I'll try to get that figured out.

Edit: I dont (in a way) have the official file: I checked it and its apparently corrupted. I'll try to reproduce them at the full size when I can get the time to do so: However other people ARE welcome to add to it, or even trace the lines I made to fit what they want.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 pm
Thank you, Mindsend, for answering.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 am
YAY NEW QUESTING LINE ART!!!!!!  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:46 am
Thanks mind. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Yanno what would be awesome... is if someone took it upon themselves to make new questing lineart that maybe isnt even an artist here.

Mindsend did the lines long before she even worked here, and since all of the colorists are so busy doing such an awesome job with everything lately, maybe it would be nice if someone else took the initiative.

There are a lot of good artists that dont work here, and it might help out staff since people are always looking for ways to help them out, instead of just piling something else on there that was never officially added by staff to begin with.

Ktns

Lunatic

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:05 pm
Lol. It wont be for a while though -- I still have official things to do shopwise, and it's always been welcomed for people to officially add thing. So like Etherial Said, if someone wants to help they're more then welcome to! 8D The Quest references in question were provided by a Non-Soquili colorist (at least I wasn't a colorist at Soquili at the time) as an alternative to the official shop references, which were somewhat outdated, had hair already on them, and pure profiles, while these let you see the chest and forehead like you would on an actual soq template. And it has always been open to open resourcing and community input. biggrin

So I WOULD appreciate help, but I'm going to try to help with it whenever I have the time to. Which, since I'm usually working on Soquili Soquili, may not be for a while, unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm
I am going based on what Sirenz had PMed me and it was linked to Mindsend's template. It would require whoever does it to do all the available stock breeds and also to be approved by Sirenz and the staff before it could be the official lineart. Not to mention paint friendly.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Thats probably why Mind's was originally listed as unofficial c: Anyone can do unofficial work. And eventually have it progressed.

Mind just did hers to help some friends and put it out there for everyone. Everyone used it because it was better or more preferred to the other. Not that she ever jumped through all those hoops. And one thing led to the other.

You never know unless you try.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:27 pm
So is the problem that the wings and hair aren't the same size as the full size naked soq variants?

If that's the case then I can:
-Retrace the existing wing and hair templates so that they're full size (assuming Mind is okay with it)
-Add some breed variants, mainly horns and tails
-Create familiar refs (only if there's a high demand)

I'd rather not do more hair or wing edits (too time consuming), but horns/hooves/tails shouldn't be too much of a bother. What all do you guys want to see?

Also, paint friendly = what?

*** School and B/C work for other shops takes full priority and this will be a side project I tinker with here and there.  

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:04 pm
Paint friendly would basically only have the black lines, no white filler.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:29 pm
Thought I'd say something before I went to bed, but,

Moineau, I could help out, if you want. o: Or do some of the things that you don't have time to do. x3 Just toss me a pm if you'd like~ C:

Polette

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:49 am
To keep everybody updated: I'm going to do horns, hooves and tails and Po is going to do hair and wings.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 am
Interesting. biggrin  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff