Lost at Six Flags. A short story by Linda

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kimicka13
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 pm
So this was a warm up in my Creative Writing class last year. We had to pick three numbers from a list. Then it was revealed what the numbers meant. The first number was who. The second was where. And the third was what. This is what I got. I decided to post it. So yeah. Tell me what you think. Enjoy! ~Linda~

Who: Sexy Fireman
Where: Six Flags
What: Lost.

I was wandering around Six Flags, lost, in uniform, well part of my uniform. I just had on the tight black shirt with the logo on it, a pair of jeans, plus the boots. Girls were gawking at me. That always bumped my ego and confidence. I was still uncomfortable being her though. I hate roller coasters. I know, firefighter, goes into burning buildings, and all that jazz, but hates roller coasters. Lets just say they make me sick. You’re probably wondering what I’m doing at Six Flags if I hate roller coasters. Well, the sarge decided we needed a break and well here we are. Well, I think, I’m not quite sure where I am. I’ve just been wandering around going nowhere trying to find my way back to the squad for lunch. I saw a girl about my age wearing a Six Flags uniform. I went up to her and asked, “Excuse me miss,”
“Oh. Hi, how may I help you?” She asked, giving my body a one over with her eyes.
“Could you perhaps show or tell me how to get back to the food area of the park?” I asked.’
“Sure. I’ll show you. Jus follow me,” she said, “So you’re a firefighter right?”
“Yeah, I am,” I said.
“So you go into burning buildings and save lives, that’s so cool, I really wanted to be a doctor, but my parents didn’t have the money to put me through medical school…so here I am,” she said.
“Wow, that’s cool,” I said. She was a bit perky, just my type.
“So how’d you end up becoming a firefighter?” she asked.
“I guess I just stumbled upon it, I mean, right before I graduated high school my house caught on fire and the firefighters came, they put the fire our and my little sisters life, ever since then I always wanted to do that, save someone from a fire and such,” I said.
“Wow, that’s amazing,” she said turning to face me, we had stopped, “well here we are,” she said, “Hey, what’s your name?”
“Rikki, what’s yours?” I asked.
“Anna,” she said, she pulled out a pen and a piece of paper and wrote something on it, “here,” she handed it to me, “my number, call me sometime.” She said before walking off to get back to work. I walked over to the guys pocketing the number a stupid grin on my face. They teased me about it for a while. Then we ate, finished up with some rides and went back to the station…

I did end up calling her, and little did I know that day that she would be my future wife. She ended up going through medical school with the money she saved up from working at Six Flags and a little help from me. She now a doctor and saves live just like she always wanted. We now have two kids, a little boy and a little girl. Just think, all this would never have happened if I hadn’t’ gotten lost at Six Flags…  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:58 pm
Awww....It's very cute. I like the ending. ^^ Although, why was he partly out of uniform? surprised For servicemen, you're either in uniform or completely in plain clothes. 3nodding It'd be a violation for one to wear their uniform half-way. xp  

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

kimicka13
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm
I don't now. I wrote this last school year. So yeah. And, I actually think that the firemen can just wear the shirt. Like, they don't wear the full uniform all the time, so yeah. But eh, I could be wrong. So yeah. ~Linda~  
The Creative Corner --- Take a gander at the stuff in here! xD

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games