Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
Custom Profile Frustration [rant]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm
Trying to figure out CSS is giving me even more grey hairs!
Wanting to create a custom profile but so far I'm having very little luck. Argh.

[ok, just venting. I'm done.]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:12 pm
LOL I think I can relate. I try now and then and then stop in frustration. *Hands over the stash of drugs from the nurses station* dont know what they are but I feel better mrgreen  

iggies

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:28 pm
Take my advice, and do what I did. Find a profile design you like (layout wise). Then poke and prod at it until you figure out which code is assigned to which section (because teenagers have zero clue on how to document their coding), and then slap in your own stuff.

I know nothing about CSS, but I was able to pick an existing layout apart enough to rig it to my own specs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:36 am
FireSpark
Take my advice, and do what I did. Find a profile design you like (layout wise). Then poke and prod at it until you figure out which code is assigned to which section (because teenagers have zero clue on how to document their coding), and then slap in your own stuff.

I know nothing about CSS, but I was able to pick an existing layout apart enough to rig it to my own specs.

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I'm an IT Geek, but I'm a hardware geek with little to no code experience. I do have a decent 'head for it' though so I've been adjusting various bits of code I've found that I liked.
So far I'm pretty happy with my new profile layout but there's still frustrating 'bugs' I can't quite get sorted out.  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

The GAIA Complaints Dept

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff