[A] Breed Clarification

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:35 pm
User Image

So, I've owned my Soquili for awhile now, and I've always wondered one thing about him: is he a mutant?

On his cert, it just says World of Warcraft Cosplay Edition. But when I looked at the Owner's List, it says Mutant by his name. I'm assuming the area in question is his horn (correct me if I'm wrong, lol, I'm not sure.) I looked at a description of what a Felguard was on a WoW site, and it says that they have horns, so I was mainly wondering, for my own clarification, is he a mutant? And if he is, should this be a notable thing for the future? o:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:27 pm
Mutant? . . . He just looks like an edited uni to me.
*shrug*
And if he were I dont imagine it would come into play later unless you were looking for that singularly perfect mare and boom! That perfect mare you found wants nothing to do with mutants! Tragic ;(

That prolly wasent exactly helpful but this thread needed some kind of reply in my mind.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Niloufer

Magical Shapeshifter

8,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 am
Customed horns, such as this boy, are considered "Mutant" even if they resemble an existing species. ^-^ So yes, He is a mutant. I do belive we have a thread with more explanation on what qualifies as a mutant.

*custom wings ( Excluding faeries )
*custom horns
*custom non-horsey ( uni? ) tails. ( Think Dragon, Scorpion, Dog, yada yada )
* Body parts made of elements, or make of "light".

*thinks there are probably a few more*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 am
I believe a staff member in the shop thread classified him as a regular with the horn being part of the armor?
If everyone is going to jump back and forth on this I think we may just have to get Sabin in here. XD

However, on the off note, not all custom horns equal a mutant.
It really depends on the horn, if I remember right from the "mutant" list in the custom thread.

Unis can have custom horns as long as it is a single vertical horn.
Kalonas can have 2 or 4 custom horns [straight or curved]
ect ect. The basics of breed variant and what fits in to the "standards" of the breed.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:54 am
Ririka is correct - if this is in fact a mutant (and not simply mislabeled on the list) it would be not because it's a custom horn, but because it's a horn which does not fit any existing species description. Kirin have single curved horns, Unis have single spiral horns, Kalona have paired horns, Cerynei have antlers, and this seems to be a giant wavy ... blade, possibly.

Would be best to get Sabin to make the official call since she's the colorist.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 pm
Thanks for the feedback, guys. 8D I was this conflicted with attempting to figure it out, lol. ;n;

So, do I just wait here for Sabin to come make the call on it? O:

Polette

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 am
I asked Sabin and was told that the horn was actually just part of the armor -- not even an actual breed feature -- when I won a similar Soq in the event. =) Which would put these Soq as regulars with armor, not mutants or even edited uni or anything like that.

User Image

Since, see, the horn matches the armor color for both Soq! Which was why I asked in the first place, since I didn't want to RP him incorrectly.

I dunno if that helps or not, Sabin may have to confirm/deny O:  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:23 pm
Ah, thanks brosuke~ 8D That actually really does help, since Sabin told you that. ^^ I think I'll take that ruling as my answer from Sabin~ 8D

Thank you everyone~ ;u;

Polette

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces