Reply General Discussion
Writing fictional characters along with actual people

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Todd186

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:58 pm
So, I've been writing a story for kicks about Elizabeth Bathory and Dracula. At the beginning he changes her in the way Bram Stoker said he would to his victims and I was just wondering if anybody else does this often? Having fictional characters interact with real people, dead or alive.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:56 pm
People who write unofficial Sherlock Holmes novels do that all the time. The last anthology I read involved Sherlock Holmes meeting Oscar Wilde, Charles Darwin, O. Henry, and Rudyard Kipling.  

Raincrow

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300

Lydia Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 pm
You also see that a lot in Historical Fiction.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 pm
I had to do that once for a history project. It was a timetravel-historical fiction thing exploring Renaissance Italy where my character had to meet and interact with various people (at least five) of the time. It was fun, but I haven't done it since. I tend to go way too over board on the research end of things...

I read it in historical fiction usually/obviously and in fantasy historical fiction (like: lets say the french had dragons during the revolution or some s**t). Speculative fiction though is probably my favorite of these kinds of stories though. Not that I can find quality pieces of ANY of those things lately... but still.  

A-Q-Kabuto

Dangerous Cleric

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces