Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 pm
Ho Kay so.
Most people who have encountered me beyond a passing hello have tended to knotice that I plan everything from here till what most think is an unforseeable future.
For example as of now I have Thesh-ah life plan almost entirely iorned out and set in stone. She is going to be an elder end of story. If it I the last bloody thing I do I will make her a world wise respected elder and heard alpha known the world of soquilli over.

However the same cannot be said for my girl Blake she is cut from a quite differnt cloth. Ever a joker a trickster and constantly refusing to grow up for anyone. A wonderful mare mind you just not elder material nor will she ever be save in the way of maxed stats.
For a time I was clueless as of what her foreseeable Future would bring then I stumbled across something interesting . . .
"Changeing Species"
Now I know you can make a soq into a cursed skinwalker but I mulled over the thought of .
What of them acending into becomeing an Angie?
Is that possible?

In my mind it makes perfect sense and a great counter balance to skinwalkers.

And I'm not just bringing this up because Blake would make an amazeing Angie of Jest. Though I will admit it was an amazeing motivator.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 pm
It is possible to change a 1st gen's species up and down through customs, but it must be approved beforehand. You can do this by PMing the mule and explaining whom you want to get changed, what they will be changed to, and why.

If it is approved you may go ahead and try for a custom slot, where you may, if you wish, get the Soq's hair and accessories changed too, since it is a custom slot after all.

While the upside is a species change, and the freedom to get a new hair style and accessories changed, altered and edited on, the down side is, In Character, none of their friends, acquaintances, family and enemies will recognize them and never will.

They can not RP with a friend as a normal, change in to an angeni and then run up to them going, "HEY! I AM NOW AN ANGENI! 8D"

It doesn't work that way. To those they know, their new change basically makes them a stranger and a new soq.

So unless you don't mind basically having her lose everyone she knows and loves, though OOCly they can still hang out, I would think about this a little more.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 pm
That all actaully works perfectl, and fills in almost every creative gap I had!
*watches life puzzle come together*
THANK YOU RIR!!!!!!
next may (maybe a tad later depending on her stats and rp storylines) after she finishes her two fling breedings I will start actively presueing this for her.
Blake your future is fully secure!!
Huh ZA!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 am
Yes, it is possible - I felt it worth amending that there's nothing stopping a newly recustomed horse from "starting over" with old friends/family, though they will not recognize the new horse as her former self. (Basically you don't have to shun every past acquaintance you ever made, just they are a new "blank" character.)  

Felmino

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 am
I think if you want to change up her breed that it doesn't have to entirely affect her relationships 100% in teh way that noone will ever have anything to do with her. While I see where Ririka's coming from in her perception. This happens all the time in everyday life. Someone moves away from home. They go through lots of change. They return home, and for hte most part, people straight up barely recognize them because they've turned into this other person.

Now, of course, with things like this.. there probably WOULD BE at least some who won't accept it and might disassociate with her. Some people cannot accept drastic change like that. Others close to her like family might try to accept it, but they find over time it might not be as easy to see her the same as they once did. Then, some will just take their time with it, and when they see The way her new change has developed her as a person; then they grow to possibly be closer. Plot wise, it opens it up for maybe her to build a new connection with someone else. She meets someone who accepts her purely as she is at that time.

Now, regarding if you have her as an angeni because of their wings coming out on teh side. You might have to adjust how her blanket sits of her. It might not look right for her wings to pop out from under, and it could look odd if it looks like it was pushed to the side for her wings. They'll have to find a new way to make it sit.

Though i think becoming an angeni is befitting since that mount in wow is a flying mount in fact.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:26 am
@Grace: I do believe it a store rule that if you change the breed no one they used to know will remember them... which is why Fel was saying that althought they will have no memory of her as she is now they can start their relationships again from scratch.
I believe it if there to discourage people from always changing the breed of their pet... instead it makes them think about it more smile  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:53 pm
It's an IC limitation to accomodate an OOC event. In the actual Soquili world it is impossible to change breeds, so if you do recustom a Soq they are in effect a new horse.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:49 pm
I'd almost think an Angeni should be the exclusion to this rule, I think it would be neat if there was a way to earn Angeni for your Soq through contest or whatever (like the corpse powder contest) as even the angeni lore say that some Soq have to earn their wings so to speak.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 pm
JetAlmeara
I'd almost think an Angeni should be the exclusion to this rule, I think it would be neat if there was a way to earn Angeni for your Soq through contest or whatever (like the corpse powder contest) as even the angeni lore say that some Soq have to earn their wings so to speak.

The mecanics (forgetting or not) are something no matter how they are supposed to be is something I'm fairly confident I can portray it properly in any manner that is required.

And I quoted this because I think it is a valid point.

As for how I'm going to design her I think I will have a freind of mine draw up an example.
So far I think
The blanket will be made longer like a tad past her knees and have slits to accommodate the new wings.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:40 pm
Just a random thought... but if you want to make her an elder, changing her species might make things tough, given that she'll lose all her previous relationships and stuff and will have to start from scratch once you change her...  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 am
No worries Blake I have already decided is simply not elder material.
Nor will she ever be that's just not how I designed her. It really dosent fit her personality to me.
That's why im going to change her species to an angie Instead smile the angie of pranks to be exact.
^.^
What do you think when she's recustomed . . .a jester hat and scepter? Or should I go more dignified?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:29 am
At the moment, though some have slipped through this rule, Angeni whom are cosplays are not allowed to hold a domain. This rule is stated within the custom information thread, and has been debated about multiple times.

So while she can prank and be jester-like, she can not hold a domain.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:56 am
Ah, I wasn't aware she was a WoW cosplay. Indeed, cosplays cannot be domained Angeni.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 am
I seem to remmber a narto cosplay angi who has a domin . . . I think he's the avenger angi?  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:30 am
DemonWingedPoetGirl
I seem to remmber a narto cosplay angi who has a domin . . . I think he's the avenger angi?
A few have slipped through but they are NOT meant to have one. Everyone is enforcing the rules on that now so it shouldn't allow for any more slip ups.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff