Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So the world ends May 21st 2011... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 pm
Or so this quack and his flock believe. This guy predicted 1994, oh we're still here. I've said it once I'll say it again, the end of times is not going to happen. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:47 pm
At least I'll get to see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides before the end of the world. It comes out the day before. Haha.  

Bored4Life57

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 pm
Bummer... I get to experience the age of 25 for about 3 days then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:40 pm
Junimaia
Bummer... I get to experience the age of 25 for about 3 days then.
Ah don't worry about it Juni, I'm sure it feels like being 24 anyway. XD  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:22 pm
But it feels so much more mathematically in sync, cause I can call myself a quarter of a century old :O

When people ask me my age, I can hold up a quarter at people and go "I AM DEES MANY!" And they'll walk off freaked out by the creepy half-asian midget girl who keeps shoving quarters into people's faces screaming "SYMBOLISM!!!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 pm
I want the building at 1, Times Square, on that day, to read "LOL FAIL"

Nexus Carbuncle

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm
http://www.wecanknow.com/

I saw this and lol'd so hard.
I better buy some bumper stickers so we can put them on our cars for at least a little while.
This is the best, it's like a wedding. Teehee.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:41 pm
Light up the Night
http://www.wecanknow.com/

I saw this and lol'd so hard.
I better buy some bumper stickers so we can put them on our cars for at least a little while.
This is the best, it's like a wedding. Teehee.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What I'd like to know is where exactly do these nut cases get they're money to buy that kind of promotional non-sense? I mean come on, this guy predicted it was in September of 1994 and now he's got a new date because "Oh I had a small miscalculation?" Please, anyone who follows that quack is severely lacking intelligence! rofl

This is one of those instances I can't take Christianity seriously, even the good book tells you if I remember correctly "man knows not the hour of judgement for he will come like a thief in the night." 3nodding  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:07 pm
We should feel lucky to be on such a solid planet. It survived for billions of years before us, it will continue even without us.

How long are people gonna sit there and put together random values from a work of FICTION and attempt to calculate the end of the world? The most likely end of the earth will be when the sun swallows it up after helium flash.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 am
If we knew with certainty that the planet was going to blow up, I think we could justify mass suici- oh wait, somebody already tried that. Planet's still here. rofl  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Cheeky Monkey Me

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm
Ahahah. Couldn't help but laugh! Thats my 21st Birthday on the 21st xD

Lets hope i get a few beers before i die gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:28 pm
Cheeky Monkey Me
Ahahah. Couldn't help but laugh! Thats my 21st Birthday on the 21st xD

Lets hope i get a few beers before i die gonk
Well if you start early you'll be good and tanked by time Jesus -might- show up, or maybe you'll think your him on a cracker or something. xd  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:10 pm
So wait. I don't remember exactly how this is "going down."
But isn't it that all the believers will go to heaven in may and then october somethingish god will "destroy the world," with the rest of us in it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm
I'm sorry, but does anyone else think it'd be absolutely ******** awesome, if on that day, say, eighty percent of the world just vanished, out of nowhere, and the sky turned red, and started raining fire?

I mean, seriously. That'd be the most badass end, ever.

Nexus Carbuncle

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 pm
Okay so us sinners get treated to an aerial bombardment of some sort of fireballs, badass yes but we're still doomed if thats how it goes. We'll see how things go down, but I can gaurantee nothign special will happen.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff