Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 am
So, stalking the dropoffs mule, I noticed a mention of a Secret Santa. I imagine it was a colorist-to-someone gift thing, but it got me thinking... How about Soquili have a Secret Santa thing next year, along with the CYO Plushies? Or instead of, whichever works better for staff. But it would be limited to the same breeds as from the CYO event this year - Regular, Unicorn, Wind, Kelpie, and Cyrenei, with Usdia added in. They could be ONLY semi-customs, IE, the person buying the SS ONLY picks the breed and a set of colors, MAYBE a phrase of some sort to inspire the colorist, the colorist gets to pick all the rest. It could even have a scale of cost for this breed, that breed, accordingly with actual customs, maybe even paying extra to combine two breeds(IE, UniKelpi, or KelpiWind, or.. You get the idea). And again, the colorist would decide how it'd come out. And they would all be hidden in pre-colored baskets, maybe not so much colored by breed, but a series of festively-colored baskets.

Like I said, it's an idea for next year, and it could be fun smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:34 am
It would have to be baskets straight to adults. That would otherwise drive the colorists batshit psycho (I meant it still would pretty much)

The plushies are technically a SS only because theres like three hundred gazillion of them they aren't anon. It would just be too confusing.

Staff does a SS amongst themselves each year so that might be what you're seeing.  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:51 am
I think the plushies are perfect - there's no need for extra insanity for the staff.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am
LydaLynn
I think the plushies are perfect - there's no need for extra insanity for the staff.
Agreed.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:41 pm
Syaoran-Puu
LydaLynn
Agreed.

3rd'ed heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 pm
Yeah... I think the yearly plushie event is all we need. Really... people can already choose the colors and breed of the plushie which has the chance to eventually turn into a soq... so I don't see how this would improve things.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:07 pm
The plushie thing I think is a great idea. I mean, there's been a bajillion plushies made already, especially for newbies and I've seen staff asking who hasn't got one yet etc'.
I think secret santa will just make it chaotic and not as fun because I imagine it would have to be done in a slot manner and we all know how crazy those lists can get. XD What if someone entered for every slot and didn't get one?

Plushie is great. I mean, it's free and huge. Why get rid of it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 am
We kinda sorta have a secret Santa thing going on atm for you guys as well. XD its pretty much kinda how we're handling it for Tech Staff: the Colorists that volunteer for it get rolled to be assigned to a random non-colorist staff member (or in this case, You the customer) and then design a soquili within the limitations we had been given for working on them in species using the likes and dislikes provided to us.. Only difference is, not everyone gets assigned a colorist, and we're allowed to CC one.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:06 am
Just a thought... Isn't the plushie event limited to those that can color, know how to cert and have a program to do all that? It leaves out all of us that can't do that. I've tried CYO events in other shops, and there's nothing that I can create that I'd want to see turned into a shop pet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:19 am
I believe that is one of the reasons Si tested out a "Haiku gram" along with the CYO plushies during the 09 CYO event.

For those whom could not color you were allowed to take the cert and type down a Haiku or poem to describe a soq, or inspire a colorist.

If that poem won during the raffle then the colorist would take the poem and base a soq on that.

At least that is how I think it worked. XD

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:09 pm
Cricket2008
Just a thought... Isn't the plushie event limited to those that can color, know how to cert and have a program to do all that? It leaves out all of us that can't do that. I've tried CYO events in other shops, and there's nothing that I can create that I'd want to see turned into a shop pet.

You had the option to print out the lineart and color it with crayons if you had to, Sirenz did a crayon example even. Lots of people did IRL ponies. Certing was optional, I believe.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:16 pm
Not to mention that you could request a CYO plushie from someone else - there was a thread set up for it - I did tons of plushies for people in that thread off of their requests.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 pm
A lot of people were super nice and made plushies for other people, but not everyone who asked for a plush to be made got one. I know you can't please everyone, but to say "you could just request one" doesn't really work. Also, some people were awesome and made ones for others even if they were over the 10 allowed to enter, but that doesn't really help the receiver if they were the 11th or 12th or so on plush made.

Maybe lift the "you can only make 10" rule next time and do a "one person can only have 10 plushes made for them entered" rule. That way, someone could make as many as they wanted for others just so long as they didn't just make, like, 30 for one person. That way more people get into the raffle? I don't know. Almost everyone who had a plush seems to have gotten it made into a real Soq (except for me, lmao), which is so the coolest thing ever. I think that overall, it's a good way to handle a SS type of thing.

THAT SAID, and since it was mentioned, I am 100% absolutely in love with the semi-customs. I actually would like to see some sort of system in place where where you could order a semi-custom in regular custom raffles (but that's another topic all together).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:44 pm
StarieMichie
A lot of people were super nice and made plushies for other people, but not everyone who asked for a plush to be made got one. I know you can't please everyone, but to say "you could just request one" doesn't really work. Also, some people were awesome and made ones for others even if they were over the 10 allowed to enter, but that doesn't really help the receiver if they were the 11th or 12th or so on plush made.

Maybe lift the "you can only make 10" rule next time and do a "one person can only have 10 plushes made for them entered" rule. That way, someone could make as many as they wanted for others just so long as they didn't just make, like, 30 for one person. That way more people get into the raffle? I don't know. Almost everyone who had a plush seems to have gotten it made into a real Soq (except for me, lmao), which is so the coolest thing ever. I think that overall, it's a good way to handle a SS type of thing.

THAT SAID, and since it was mentioned, I am 100% absolutely in love with the semi-customs. I actually would like to see some sort of system in place where where you could order a semi-custom in regular custom raffles (but that's another topic all together).

1. I'm pretty sure the point of giving CYO plushies were to have something so you can give to your friends. The main part is definitely -not- the plush-turned-soq stuff. Yes, the colorists have gone above and beyond this year, but the plushies are supposed to help spread the holiday cheer, not increase someone's chances of getting a soq.

2. What if you have more than 10 friends that want to do a plushie for you and they want to enter it? Doesn't that suck if it puts a limitation on how many you can get in the raffle? Plus, with the creator of the plushie putting the plushies in the raffle, how would they know how many plushies a person has in the raffle already?

3. You are not the only one. The colorists have been working and trying to get as many people a plushie turned soq. They may or may not get to you in the long run. I think fel said that it lasts until the end of this month, so even the people that have not gotten picked still have hopes of getting one.

4. Technically, you could. You'd just have to get the custom slot and then say CC. o.o  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:08 pm
I love the plushies and really enjoy coloring them for friends. I'm extra thrilled because 2 of my friends got Soquili made from my gifts to them this year and one was a total newbie.

Maybe limit the plushie requesters list to those that can't color their own?  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff