5%  [ 2 ]
No opinion
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 pm
What if the bulk of the people involved in the newsletter was randomized from a pool of volunteers every couple months or something? That way, we could get lots of different perspectives and lots of different people could get involved! Of course, a few organizer managerial types would have to stay constant so it didn't dissolve into chaos... but yeah, I like the idea of rotations! ^^

Overall, I like this idea! It'd be a fun way to connect the community.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:32 pm
Having a pool of newspaper staff would be good - not only does it get fresh ideas in and keep things from getting stale - but it will also help people from burning out.

If we had enough staff to do a three month rotation [each person submitted a column once a quarter] I think it would work well. Though if we have a comic - it should almost be an every issue kind of thing - but those could be done in advance so the artist could take time as he/she needed it.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am
C: This seems like a really fun idea! I'd be totally up for helping out if it gets started.

For the comic...you could do a round robin sort of thing perhaps? Almost like an rp in comic form? That way whoever picks it up the next month can have creative license to take it where they want?

Or, you could have a small group of people who collaborate on it and one person from the group (dif. each month) would be the one to do the art for that month.

^^ Just trying to throw ideas out there.

edit: There should be an editor though, who ensures that the articles are well written and relevant too. If we did do a randomized group of people submitting articles every month.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am
I like the ideas being presented.

A team, with an editor or two (just incase someone ends up MIA due to RL issues) to keep things constant-ish, a few people switching in every month; eith one a rotation or one off appearances.

A comic or art..... I like the idea of a strip... but we would have to have either people volenteer their soq as models... or maybe have a contest every month (like a puzzle or a quiz) and the first two or three to return the answers correct to the news paper mule gets to have one of their pet appear? I dunno.... open to ideas on this XD
Or would the strip be about soquili (the female mule?) or whatever? XD I dunno. I do like the idea that whoever the artist is gets to continue the story however they want... and collabs are good too.

I suppose if we wanted to get this up and running officially we would need permission from Sisi or Fel?

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 am
I like this idea Sya!

I remember when I was first starting out my friends and I would always comment on how people would never talk to us. We always figured it was because a.) our soquili were not pretty enough or cool enough or b.) people just didn't really want to take the time to know us.

Over time I learned that I needed to reach out to people, sometimes I got burned but on a few occasions I got a new friend. Even so, my friends and I thought that as the time we were in this shop increased we would also have people reaching out to us. I guess I am an 'oldbie' as you say. (^^ tee hee cute nickname) I am glad you are fighting for both sides!

I am glad you addressed the clique issue, I remeber in a website I was on how the same people got voted for the same things every month and it was disheartening. I support this idea and I look forward to seeing it come to fruition in the future. heart heart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 am
XBlind-DarknessX
I like this idea Sya!

I remember when I was first starting out my friends and I would always comment on how people would never talk to us. We always figured it was because a.) our soquili were not pretty enough or cool enough or b.) people just didn't really want to take the time to know us.

Over time I learned that I needed to reach out to people, sometimes I got burned but on a few occasions I got a new friend. Even so, my friends and I thought that as the time we were in this shop increased we would also have people reaching out to us. I guess I am an 'oldbie' as you say. (^^ tee hee cute nickname) I am glad you are fighting for both sides!

I am glad you addressed the clique issue, I remeber in a website I was on how the same people got voted for the same things every month and it was disheartening. I support this idea and I look forward to seeing it come to fruition in the future. heart heart
Thankies hunni. Yeah I remember when I first started too.... I am not sure if my timezone was an advantage or disadvantage since it is quieter then but it was hard getting my foot in the door so to speak...... once it is in it is easier to stay within your comfort zone... but I do believe that there are a lot of people out there who are happy to extend a hand or an invite to others.

But yeah..... I love that newbies are getting a chance, but I have always said that it shouldn't be done by completely neglecting the oldbies. =D Newbies don't generally stay newbies for long and I am sure they wouldn't want to get overlooked or ignored simply because they are more established in the store. smile hehehe.

GO OLDBIES XD *cough* ok... that's just because I am an oldbie. GO NEWBIES TOO! =D hehehe.

Thank you for the support.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Strait Jacket Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 pm
I love this idea -nods- I'm no newbie nor am I an oldbie, but it's true there are cliques. I see them -nods- and I'm an on and off again person in thread life.

Anywho in regards to any suggestions. I like the suggestion afore presented. And when I was first reading them I had an Idea, as a sort of way to keep it the quieter ones from being over looked, and its that what if the stories were limited by how often a person could be in one of the stories, as per user, save for really important cases like Epic Rp + Breeding after like a bajillon tries. If that doesn't make sense I'll show and example of what I mean.

Feb Paper:
Riri's Razi makes up with Leez Millicent: A love hate relationship to last all eternity.
LOLTERNATIVE achieve's long sought after quest

(Because Rir. Lee and LOL were in the previous paper they won't be in this one)Mar Paper:
SJG's Umbra feels her Friendship with Shi's Frosty is threatened by his new mate
(Some other user's event.)

and then we could just work it soe that there was like a cool down time for the users if that makes sense OTL  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm
As to where this would go, i was just poking around Soquili Era the other day. There is a forum there called Pow Wows. maybe this would go there?

Maybe another nifty section of hte newsletter could have a "fact of the month" section. where the facts either have to do with native americans or horses. i know this might sound silly, but some people when rp'ing might have a hard time structuring their rp's to appropriately fit the time period or mannerisms of horses. I know there's lots of stuff like wikipedia and teh like. Still, i think something small like that could be a nice addition.

I was thinking when i've been reading this before. I am reminded of when some people from the NNL shop had tried to put together something like this. It went over really nicely! I don't see why it can't be as nice here. :3  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm
Just had a thought about organizing it. If we did end up making separate threads for each week and/or month or however often one would be 'published', we could have each post be a separate 'section'.

ex.

post1 - 'cover'
brief overview of a few stories and notation to let the reader know which post they can read more on

post2 - 'juicy rp highlight' (just an example, lol)
some interesting rp's can be summarized maybe? Then links can be included so any who are interested can click on them and read them in their entirety

post3 - etc.

We wouldn't need to come up with 14 dif sections either, 'cause you can just delete posts. C:

Also, we could maybe include a crossword or something offsite and people could take screenshots of the solved puzzle or something. First person to submit the correct answer gets to...be mentioned in the paper...perhaps a gold prize?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:49 pm
another side idea is like maybe a weekly soquili isketch meet? lol i know it's slightly off topic.. but it would still help build community. I never has much fun with soq peeps or make friends as when we are in a livestream. isketch could work the same way.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Dixie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 am
I love this idea! I enjoyed the few 'papers' that did come out from time to time. I would love to help gather information and write articles for the paper, I think it would be a good way to showcase many members of our soquili community!

All of the ideas that have been presented so far have been great! I do have a spare guild that I could set up for the newspaper staff to use to gather info and decide what is going in which edition.

Can't wait to see where this leads!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 pm
Thanks guys! =D

So........ on the topic of increasing community spirit.

User Image Create a paper, montly issues with articles written on a monthly rotation. One or two editors to keep consistancy.

User Image An 'official' store mule that will allow for links and updates about the paper to be posted in the main thread.

User Image Discover away to prevent cliques/same people getting mentions.... cool down period for users? Limits for the number of suggestions from each person. Exception would be game winners (which will be done with a timestamp system. First come first served sort of thing).

User Image A community comic that could be continued monthly. Guest artists. Quality of art not an issue. Just fun. Collabs welcome.

User Image Need a way to include those who are shy and wouldn't nominate themselves. Could be that it is a general nomination- were you are allowed to nominate a story of your own and a story about someone else that could get written up.

User Image Newbies getting their frist soquili. Quests completed after a long time questing.

User Image isketch or something with livestream to allow group chats and to extend friendship circles.

User Image Random facts about the store, horses or native american culture.

User Image Fan art..... special spotlight art. Something.

Have I missed anything? XD  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 pm
We could get people to do fan art and stuff like that for it too. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm
I love this idea so much heart The thing about an online paper is that you don't actually have to make a new edition monthly - articles can be published as they go out... Example:

Say you have a post for each section, like quests, breedings that have taken forever to get, etc. As soon as an article is finished and approved, it could rotate into the post it should go into. This way, there would always be new news (except in the Newbie of the Month sort of posts). Big headlines could separate the stories so people could find the ones they wanted to read, and the articles could be dated to be removed... two months or so after posting?

A rotation would have to be made for this so that not everyone's writing articles about the same thing - volunteers could be assigned to different sections in equal numbers.

In any case, I am totally for this idea and would love to volunteer if it gets picked up <3  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 am
We could do an oldbie of the month too - someone who's really reached out in the community in helping make Soq a better place [each person could only be chosen one for either oldbie or newbie - so it would rotate fairly well].  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff