Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:15 am
Some people put just as much work into their usdias, mers, and seathi, but never get the recognition for them that they deserve.
That's actually part of the reason some people don't like these lines, they don't get the same recognition for intensive RP that the regular lines do.
I'm not saying commission new lines for these races. I understand that that would be very time consuming and expensive.
I'm just saying maybe a stamp or a medal. Some kind of recognition for the work. Along with these stamps would also go all of the perks for the regular lines.
It just doesn't seem fair that people put a lot of work into these ponies and never get recognized for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 am
I was literally just thinking about this last night! :] Except I would love to see a type of elder line type of deal for the other lines. I feel like when the regular lines reach the big 'elder' they are recognized for it and highly respected for it. And the other lines are simply tossed aside like chopped liver. >......< I would love to see an additional line added to the usdias, mers, seathi, ect that would be just as important as the elder lines.  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:23 am
I would too, but we have to recognize that those lines would be -very- expensive and take a while to actually get.
Until then I'd like to at least have a stamp on their cert or something.
Like how the regulars have "Elder Soquili" on their tags.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:28 am
In theory I love this idea.

However I do believe that commissioning new lineart would become problematic and is unlikely to happen.

I do agree that there should be some sort of 'elderhood' for other breeds that are not able to go on the current elderlines (so Minis and Mers). Them being able to have the same benefits, so possible extra baskets and a possible power if they choice it from the God/dess they assign themselves to.

Even if there are no extra lines, maybe they could still have the 'brand' of their chosen God/dess mark on them, should they want it -same as normal elders.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 am
I too agree that something would be nice to encourage mini/mer - and elder reward seems to be part of what encourages rp for the main breeds. Just a little note on the cert or a stamp or something with the 'perks' of elderhood would likely go a long way to encouraging people to play with their minis. Right now there's no reason to get a mini up to 100% stats or otherwise rp it - and many people just toss them in their teepee and forget about them because of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:44 am
I like this idea for the reasons LydaLynn stated. In general, people tend to put less effort into RPing their minis and mers, I've noticed. This might spur a burst of energy and plotting for these neglected species!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:47 am
I feel like I just need to point this out....
Remember that elderhood is a route not all soquili should take, there are very few that meet the 'standards' required.

So even if there was an added reward available to those other breeds that can't currently attempt elderhood they would still have to prove their 'potential' as a leader and elder.

Elder information thread

Elders
Basically, elders are leaders/leadership material. Keeping this in mind, not all Soquilis are meant to be Elders. We hope that owners will be using their best judgment in putting Soquili candidates for elderfication forward, and to help you all decide whether or not to go elder, we’ve put together a basic list of what will be looked at when considering that Soquili for elderfication.

1. Responsibility and leadership. Obviously the elders need to be able to handle themselves and situations that come up; they are the ones to which other Soquilis will look in times of trouble, so they need to be up to the challenge. The definition of responsibility and of a good leader varies from breed to breed, and this will essentially be looked at on a case by case basis. What makes a Kalona responsible might be different from a Regular, and so on and so forth.
2. Rp development. Elders are supposed to have grown and matured to the elder stage through rp (see, it all links back to roleplay). Consequently, the roleplay of the Soquilis in question will be checked to determine whether or not the Soq in question has grown into a character worthy of being an elder. If all you have is mate-finding rp…chances are you won’t be elderfied.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm
Sya: I recognize that not all minis / mers would be able to make it. I wasn't suggesting that all of them would. But, there would be more incentive to RP them if that possibility were there. I also was not suggesting that new line art be made. I even said in the first post that new line art, I know, would be time consuming and expensive. All I ask for is a little recognition, even if it's just recerting the pony to state that they are an elder.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 pm
I think the main problem with Elders for the other breeds is that commissioning the line art is very expensive and hard to get because the artist doesn't always take commissions.

BUT - I think it would be still be cool that they could get "eldership" even if they didn't get different lines. For example - they could be redone with "a fresh coat of paint" so to speak. For example all Elder Soquili when they get Elder lines can get edited hair, even if the original Soquili was unedited. Also, maybe they could be awarded with a custom accessory or some other marker of their RP'd journey - like scars or other IC events that might have changed their appearance. And of course, the extra breeding basket chance if that comes into play.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 pm
I know that line art would be expensive, and I'm not asking for it. In fact, I would not care if they had elder lines.

I do like the idea of IC events taking their toll, or even like the tattoos some Elders can choose from.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:03 pm
Sweenys_Revenge
I know that line art would be expensive, and I'm not asking for it. In fact, I would not care if they had elder lines.

I do like the idea of IC events taking their toll, or even like the tattoos some Elders can choose from.

If this guild dosent have enough funds to buy elder lines for these other breeds I for one am a tad shocked. This is one of the nicest bigest bc shops on Gaia. However if I am wrong and they don't I think one paid raffle would change that I wager.I mean How much did the wow paid raffle generate? imagine if they sold tickets for a breeding raffle. Lol that s**t would be crazy!

Or we could open a donation I for one would donate at least a few 100k gold toward the cause and I don't even own any of these other races lol.

And if these sugestions i just made are absolutely impossible we should definately at the very least do the segestiom I just quoted for the little guys and gals . Midgets need love too smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 pm
Psst... Poetgirl... the lines from the shop were done by Leelakin, who I am almost positive no longer is active on Gaia. She only takes commissions for real life money, very infrequently opens commissions, and I believe that she has stated that she will no longer do breedable lines.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm
Oh . . . *face palm and feels stupid*

But what if we had someone else do the line art? there are tons of artists on gaia one has got to be more than suitable to do line art.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 pm
DemonWingedPoetGirl
Oh . . . *face palm and feels stupid*

But what if we had someone else do the line art? there are tons of artists on gaia one has got to be more than suitable to do line art.
While not impossible the issue arises that the style must match that of the original artist otherwise it would look wrong.... finding someone new, who is taking commissions, and who has a similar style to the exsisting lineart could become problematic and very time comsuming..... someone has to do the hunting, and it would have to be a staff member really, and then of course you have the issue of who and would you prefer the worked on the pets here or hunted down art that could possible come out empty handed for. It may be possible that one of the exsisting staff could do them and receieve credit in a similar way to new familar lines and new templates..... but that is up to the staff not us.

@Sweeny: I know, I wasn't saying that you had requested. Just bringing it up so that people didn't think that they could automatically get up there..... in a way it may only increase the stats/RP for those people who believe their mini/mer could make elderhood..... but I dunno XD.

I also like your tattoo idea since I also suggested that in an earlier post XD
I agree with Kamiki as well that it would be nice if they could recieve a remake, or simply additional scars or accessories to the exsisting pet. Some may agrue that it would be unfair to colourists but I would have to disagree, since if a pet is chosen to become an elder in the current system the colourist has to remake the pet on the elderlines so I do not believe it would be extra work to redo or add to Mini/Mer.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:25 am
I personally always felt that non-regular lined breeds should be allowed a sort of "Stamp" on their cert that, if they succeed, gives them "honorary Elderhood" and the OPTION to be semi-recustomed-- fresher hair to fit what they would look like, edited hair in the case of unedited ones, the tattoo etc.

However this is indeed something we'd have to discuss officially to even figure out if it'd be allowed.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff