Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaleidoscope Coma

4,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:33 pm
How should I explain to my little sister how babies are made?
She asked me last week, and I told her to ask Mom, but she's too embarrassed to, and she keeps bugging me about it. I don't want to tell her, but she won't stop pestering me. Like, she's 10, way too young to know, right? Please help!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:53 pm
It was explained to me at about ten by my older brother.

Mom and dad had sex and a baby was created and grows in mom. Nine months later we get another brother or sister.

Completely honest and you don't have to go into detail about sex if you're uncomfortable.

DOMOs Kender child

J e n R e i

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 pm
I don't think that is a young age. Alot of kids find out about things like that at a waaaay earlier age,now. it is going to be hard to explain,if she doesn't know what sex is or how it works. Just say she will find out in a few years.Or If One of her little friends know,she can ask them. You will be shock about how much little kids will now. my brother is 8 and already know about sperm and how to get a girl pregnant -.-  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:59 pm

"Well, when a mommy and daddy love each other very much.." /shot.

I agree with Domo. 3nodding

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

DOMOs Kender child

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:05 pm
iNicoler

"Well, when a mommy and daddy love each other very much.." /shot.

I agree with Domo. 3nodding

Then you agree with my brother. I'll pass it on. Sure he'll be pleased!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:26 pm
i would tell her,"Well when a mommy and daddy love each other very VERY much they um um." and then feint. XD Worked on my friends lil sis and she never asked where they came from again -nod-  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

Cold Oktober

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:26 pm
just tell her that when two people get married and have sex, a baby willg row inside the mommy's tummy and in about 9 months, you get a baby sibling. like what domo said. er, her brother, i guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 pm
@Wailing Banshee: LOL

Hmm. . . . . Have you tried the stork and cabbage patch excuses? rofl  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 pm
K R A Y Z E H SEZ:

"When a man and a woman are in love, or very drunk-"

Nah, just kidding~! But i would just tell her.User Image

/END.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:02 pm
I knew at age ten. So dis my kids.
Break out the biology text book and explain about genetics, semen and ovaries. Tell her about sex before someone at school does and tells her something stupid and wrong. Tell her about condoms and diseases.

Do you want your little sister believing schoolyard misinformation like you can't get pregnant the first time or that only gay men have AIDS?
There are plenty of 10 year olds out that that have sex. Some know what pregnancy is and some don't. If you wait to tell children about sex they find out about it from someone else.

Or,have you tried asking your parents to have to have that discussion with her?

Do you and your family want what's best and safest for your sister or what's most convenient and least embarrassing for you?  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm
Okay, first off, here is what NOT to do.
Don't tell her a baby coms from the stork or cabbage patch.
Don't tell her that a baby is magically sprouted from love.
Don't tell her to ask a friend!
My friend showed my with my barbies when I was 7, so that's when I learned (my mother later explained it to me).

I am a bi surprised that she doesn't know even a little bit about sex at her age. I believethat children should know very soon where they came from, how their bodies work, and, most importantly, where it is okay andnot okay for people to touch them.

What I would do is tell you mother that your sister has been asking where babies come from and see what she ays. She may be able to ease int the topic without embaressing your sister.

If you really feel the to tell her istead of your mother, i would say
"When a man's sperm mets a woman's egg, they combined and grow inside of Mommy as a baby."
She does not have to know what a sperm or egg is, where they are, or how they come incontact. Plus, it is more true than the sex statments, Becuase some babies are implanted surgicaly or in a test tube.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 pm
I'd ask your parents how to tell her. Ask them what they want her to know and explain to them that she's not comfortable talking to them about the subject. It should probably be up to them how their child comes to know about it.
And I don't think ten is too young not to know about it--I think I first found out about it at age 11, but it's true that she'll learn it from school or friends soon enough.
If you don't talk to your parents, I agree with Kittycross. Tell her the biology about it. It's probably best she finds out the proper way so that kids at school don't try and shock with facts and fictions.
Haa, but definatley DO NOT tell her that it happens just when a man and a woman love eachother. Or storks. Or cabbage patches. Cause she's just gonna find out one day! And also avoid 'You'll find out when you're older.' That just makes kids feel like you're not the one to talk to and get their answers from and who knows what then next person they ask might answer!  

viper_353

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:45 am
Yeah 10 is when I got "the talk" actually...
and school taught it the year after so its inevitable...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:48 am
DOMOs Kender child
It was explained to me at about ten by my older brother.

Mom and dad had sex and a baby was created and grows in mom. Nine months later we get another brother or sister.

Completely honest and you don't have to go into detail about sex if you're uncomfortable.
[~+~]

I second this one.

It doesn't go into too much detail.
But it's enough to get enough information across to satisfy her need to know as such.

I personally don't believe you should be talking to her about condoms etc until she starts showing interest in boys, as at 10 years old, i doubt that very much. I believe that too much information can sometimes be dangerous. If you start going into detail about condoms etc, it means you have to start explaining "how" people actually do it, and at 10 years old, i don't believe they need to know. In my opinion, i think that would encourage them to try things earlier.

But then again, that's not to say the school won't get there first in that department these days.

User Image

Empty Spiral

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces